Ships attacked without effect - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
Ragnar65

Default Ships attacked without effect

Guys,
inspired from Grim Reapers fleetattack, I have built a nice little mission with few Russian ships docked in a harbor, which I could attack.
The first ship was hit by 2 FAB500, the second got a full salvo of rockets, both were hit right midships. But when flying over after the attack run there was no visible effect on both. Man. i tell ´ya, a carrier hit by 2 FAB500 right on the middle of the flightdeck must have taken serious damage, doesn´t it?
In debriefing the stats show that both ships were hit, but i received no points for that...
Well, the ships were no static objects, they were new ship groups...

Any ideas?

Stefan
Old 10-28-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
zhukov032186

Yeah, that which is painfully obvious : the damage models on ground units are simplified hitpoint bars, as is well known. They do not have damage states, it is dead or alive. Two bombs is not enough, all there is to it.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:16 PM   #3
Svsmokey

Don't know about the Russian ships , but US fleet carriers have had armored flight decks post WW2 , and the British well before that .
As the Fab500 has only a nose fuse , it might not have enough penetrative power to do the job ??

"Hold my beer"

Last edited by Svsmokey; 10-28-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #4
Silvern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar65 View Post
Guys,
inspired from Grim Reapers fleetattack, I have built a nice little mission with few Russian ships docked in a harbor, which I could attack.
The first ship was hit by 2 FAB500, the second got a full salvo of rockets, both were hit right midships. But when flying over after the attack run there was no visible effect on both. Man. i tell ´ya, a carrier hit by 2 FAB500 right on the middle of the flightdeck must have taken serious damage, doesn´t it?
In debriefing the stats show that both ships were hit, but i received no points for that...
Well, the ships were no static objects, they were new ship groups...

Any ideas?

Stefan

Only a few ships have a working damage model. The rest just have HP.

Until ED improves the 3d models and their damage model, there won't be an improvement.
Silvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #5
Ragnar65

Thanx guys,
it´s a mess that ships don´t show any damage effects... But now I haven´t to wonder anymore... ;-)