MFG Crosswind Combat version

Hi guys, update news from Milan:

Hi Aviators and thank you for your interest

As written on forums... we estimate a working prototype by end of

September 2017, and we should be ready to start selling by end of 2017.

I know we will NOT increase the price of the pedals...so if you buy a

combat set of pedals it will cost you the same - 320 eur + shipping.

However, you can also purchase combat footrests as a separate product ,

addon to current pedals...and I don't know exact price for it yet. We

thought approx 40 Eur, but I think it is more likely to cost 50-55 eur

per set. Take a look at one of our old newsletter for better

understanding of how it works...page 6 and 7 :

http://mfg.simundza.com/assets/downloads/MFG%20Newsletter%20March%202015%20general.pdf

Edited by Aviators
News

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

FYI as you can see I contacted Milan and here's his detail reply.

Many customers and owners of your crosswind rudder pedals, would like an update or progress report on the combat pedals modification. Also can you provide a possible time table for their release. Thanks!

Hi Larry and thank you on your kind note. I hope you are happy with your rudder pedals ( about a year since purchase so far).

I've seen forum posts on DCS forums regarding the delay on combat style pedals...please do forward this mail on the forum.

Resons for delay are many, unfortunately... but it will be done. Let me try to explain some circumstances...

- we can produce combat style on CNC as stated on the forums...but both CNC's are producing current model of rudder pedals. It takes a lot of machining time to produce pedals, and demand is still solid. I though that we will be able to manufacture combat style pedals when demand for the MFG decline a little...but I guess we'll have to start working another shift. Keep in mind that it's easy to produce a few prototypes on CNC...but we have to supply customers with enough units. What's the use of releasing such a new style if it's not available to purchase ?? ... Few months in a row our waiting times for rudder pedals are 30 days or less...which tell you that we can now manage some production time to produce combat style footrests in some quantity

- aside from CNC manufacturing these, we also explored other options...like laser cut and folded sheet metal , heat folded acrylic, or die cast aluminum parts. There are pro's and con's of each manufacturing ( price, aestetics ..) ... and now when we have a larger customer base ( 4500 units sold so far) we might opt for die cast aluminum. On that purpose we will probably sum up pro's and con's ...and provide a survey to our customers to help us decide.

- Many of customers will say ..." sure , nice explanation...but 2 years...huh.."

Such a long has passed because I'm the one who is in charge for that development, and I had to do other things in past two years. I was working a lot on customer service ( feedback, ordering, dispatching pedals, customer support) and helping out in production ( supplies, educating CNC operators, refining the production) ... I helped to polish out new software and firmware, updated pedals design with subtle changes, new spring design, introducing new color, warthog extensions ... and it's not just work...I recently got married and moved in to new home, honeymoon and stuff :-) ...other family stuff too...I guess you know how these things go without going too much in my private stuff. I still have to get my simulator "corner" in place which I find crucial to develop and test new stuff.

- TIMING

From late August I'll be 100% devoted on combat style footrests...and I'm sure we will have solid news for you at end of September ! Releasing combat style is our top priority and must happen before 2017 end's... even if it means I'll work round the clock :-)

P.S. It's not just combat pedals. I'm pretty sure that I'll tune up MFG Crosswinds a bit too, make them a bit more narrow, more stable base of the pedals, already have few concepts. We'll need to redesign package for new variant's since pedals can ship with either current style , or combat, or both. Separate packing for footrests also need to be done etc.

Apologise for delays... I know you all want it "yesterday", but I'll do my best like with the MFG Crosswinds.

Kind regards

Milan Simundza

8a7h4LH1pnTwGkVxwnAYPkqjt1bZlyYx93Hxh2ZkmV4DPKo4CiwUH087nY9KA--3GCIc-Z_ZgzvvEmWZwdbg6S6cR6B39SRuT8ig=w1920-h930

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

fGqQgSR.jpg

Concept

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

I saw some pictures of MFG, i don't know but the distance between the pedals seems to be huge

Am I wrong??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I saw some pictures of MFG, i don't know but the distance between the pedals seems to be huge

Am I wrong??

Compared to some, like the new TMs and CH pedals, they are rather wide. However, if you use a center mounted stick you will find the width to be a good thing.

A quick measurement shows that my MFGs are about 15 1/4 inches, center to center, and my Saitek Combat pedals are about 12 1/2.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The only issue might be fitting them into a narrow cockpit, but I don't expect there are too many out there lucky enough to have that problem.

This can, indeed, be an issue. I have a VolairSim pit and I had to position the MFGs carefully so that the pedals did not get blocked by the frame. It was well worth the trouble though.

EDIT: Regarding the MFG combat style. Please, please. I want these so much.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This can, indeed, be an issue. I have a VolairSim pit and I had to position the MFGs carefully so that the pedals did not get blocked by the frame. It was well worth the trouble though.

EDIT: Regarding the MFG combat style. Please, please. I want these so much.

I have a note out to Milan regarding my pending order for Crosswind's, hoping to hear back from him soon to gain some clarity re: timing of Combat pedals and how they will be integrated with the existing pedals. I followed up with him again this morning.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

There is a kit, with which you can narrow it down to 46.5cm, or widen to 52.5. 49.5cm is default.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Am I wrong??

They are closer together than any fighter or multi engine I've been in. For me, aside from the weaker breaking force,.they're pretty damn good.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

There is a kit, with which you can narrow it down to 46.5cm, or widen to 52.5. 49.5cm is default.

Yeah I got the kit also when I ordered my MFG pedals but found the stock setup to be ideal for me. Distance between pedals feels about right for my needs.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Am I wrong??

There's a tech drawing with all dimensions availabke on MFG's website if you want more precise info. I used it to modify the desk even before my set arrived.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

One more question about the MFG pedals, guys : are they loud ?

I do play at night, a lot.

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

One more question about the MFG pedals, guys : are they loud ?

I do play at night, a lot.

Thank you

I would consider them completely silent. The only noise would be from you slamming them against their stops.

And when you slamm them against theirs stops, are they really loud ?

Last question :D

Aren't they moving when you press on it with your feet ??

Thank you again, cichlidfan

The movement is virtually silent. If you slam then against the stops there will be noise but how much depends on how and where they are mounted. If you have them up against a wall then their may be noise transmitted through the wall. Mine are attached with Velcro to my pit, which sits on carpet so the sound transmission is minimal if it exists at all.

Keep in mind that it is just myself and two dogs in the house and the dogs have never complained. ;)

I have a note out to Milan regarding my pending order for Crosswind's, hoping to hear back from him soon to gain some clarity re: timing of Combat pedals and how they will be integrated with the existing pedals. I followed up with him again this morning.

Please post his reply. I too have an order for a unit from him. Just wondering if it will be a month. I hope not, I'm having rudder withdrawal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Please post his reply. I too have an order for a unit from him. Just wondering if it will be a month. I hope not, I'm having rudder withdrawal.

Planning on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

News from Milan with new photo of rendering.

ps update first post.

Hi Aviators and thank you for your interest

As written on forums... we estimate a working prototype by end of

September 2017, and we should be ready to start selling by end of 2017.

I know we will NOT increase the price of the pedals...so if you buy a

combat set of pedals it will cost you the same - 320 eur + shipping.

However, you can also purchase combat footrests as a separate product ,

addon to current pedals...and I don't know exact price for it yet. We

thought approx 40 Eur, but I think it is more likely to cost 50-55 eur

per set. Take a look at one of our old newsletter for better

understanding of how it works...page 6 and 7 :

http://mfg.simundza.com/assets/downloads/MFG%20Newsletter%20March%202015%20general.pdf

I like. I want.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Here is the response I received from Milan last night...

Regarding Combat style pedals...yes, now I will work hard on it and prototype for production will be done by end of september, but we still need time to produce in enough quantity after that... We will probably start taking orders for combat style in October or November on same principle as we take orders now,...but we won't take preorders..only monthly, when it's ready...so I guess you'll have to draw your own conclusion. I can tell you that in terms of ergonomics it probably don't have much to do with what aircraft you fly...but with what's your seating position ( cockpit or simple computer desk, seating height..) ...so you might be even happier with our current style if you sit in front of a regular desk. Since combats are addon footrest style it will be easy to swap it with current style so pedals features will remain the same..most important for comfort is angle adjustment. I can also tell you that overall price of the pedals should be the same as it is now, but price of the combat footrests alone ( for separate shipping of such addon) still need to be determined.

Kind regards

Milan

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

• 9 months later...

Any further news on the combat foot plates? There's nothing on his website about them

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I am just happy to see that the new footplates will be compatible with the existing Crosswind pedals and will be sold as a 50-55 dollar addon, rather than having to buy a whole new set of pedals.

I'll be ordering a set, that's for sure. When they come out that is. ;)

Yeah Milan has stated in the past that is why he designed the front part of the base to be so narrow, as to accommodate the addition of combat pedals at some point in the future.

Hopefully that is still the plan, who knows when though...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|