476th Range Targets Package

Stuka

We have every target present on our DS on a day to day basis. We only remove some range groups for large force excercises from time to time, and then as Stuka mentioned we'll just remove any ranges we aren't using.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

OK, thanks. Looks like your DS has a nice clock speed then :) My i5 at home was whingeing at me when I was doing a video overview.

By the way, did you test Ciribob's simple range script for scoring impacts on bomb targets and strafe pits? Always found that was nice and used it with your targets previously to great effect.

We have every target present on our DS on a day to day basis. We only remove some range groups for large force excercises from time to time, and then as Stuka mentioned we'll just remove any ranges we aren't using.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

How's that for performance? When I try to run the map with every target, I get around 20-30fps max. And I'm using a i5 4690k and a 1070 so I'm hardly on a potato rig. I usually just delete the ones I'm not using.

Gotham alone knocks my fps down from a steady 60fps to about 40.

How's that for performance? When I try to run the map with every target, I get around 20-30fps max. And I'm using a i5 4690k and a 1070 so I'm hardly on a potato rig. I usually just delete the ones I'm not using.

Gotham alone knocks my fps down from a steady 60fps to about 40.

On the ground at Nellis I bounce between 15 and 20 but in the Air averaging 40 to 60 depending on location in the NTTR.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Stuka and 476th team. I just wanted to say thanks for this. There's a lot of man days in this I can see and it's actually finally gotten to a point where NTTR is now fairly well modelled in entirety, the model count, custom models and range features are a labour of love. It's great you put in the missile trainer from MOOSE also and filled this out to a very complete standard. I do have a question. I just checked it out and found that you likely have to delete units to get the frames a little higher. Can I ask how many you remove and what numbers worked for you on your server?

Hi Pikey, the initial version of the MOOSE missile trainer was developed together with Stuka and the 476th team.

Fc

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...
Folks,

The 476th Range Targets package is available for download at the following link:

The current version is: 21JAN17

The most recent update adds more than 100 custom ground objects to the existing package which, together with the 476th Nevada Test & Training Range (NTTR) mission, accurately depict 129 individual target complexes consisting of more than 2,000 individual desired points of impact (DPI). Of course, these objects can also be placed into user-created missions via the DCS Mission editor.

The 476th NTTR mission file is available for download here:

Discuss the 476th NTTR mission in our forum here:

Would you by chance have the Target Range mission you created for the A-10 some time ago, it had 2 different ranges and if so are they compatible with 1.56? I search for them on the 476the website but was unable to locate them. Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Would you by chance have the Target Range mission you created for the A-10 some time ago, it had 2 different ranges and if so are they compatible with 1.56? I search for them on the 476the website but was unable to locate them. Thanks TC

Sure, here you go.

476 vFG Range Target Templates.miz

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Got it, Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

• 5 months later...

I just updated DCS 2.0 today and am getting an error: "Need modules for load mission: 476 vFG Range Targets by Noodle".

I have the latest 476 Weapons Range mod enabled and have also done a game Repair and rebooted my pc. I see the 476 weapons range objects folder in the Mods\tech folder. So I don't know what may be the problem..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Move all your mods to users/saved games/DCS Open Alpha/Mods/tech ( or aircraft ).

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

'All' my mods? Is this a new thing? I had not needed to do that before.. I have about 30 mods in v1.2.. I'll give this a try in 2.0 as I only have 2 mods there.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I dont know if this is an intentional move by ED or is only happening to me but any mod inside the game folder is not recognized anymore in 2.1.1

I need to move all ( except Combined Arms and WWII Units ) into Users/Saved Games/DCS into the same folder structure and all is fine again.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Roger, thanks for the info. It works.

I had Reshade working fine in the game folder, but today was the first time I tried to use the Weapons Range mods..

Instructions are here.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

I just updated to the FEB17 version to fix the objects showing through the aircraft. But now I get that error again: "Need modules for load mission: 476 vFG Range Targets by Noodle" on my existing missions.

I do see the Range Objects in the Mission Editor, but it cannot load them on the missions that I had built on the old version of this mod. Is this new version incompatible?

Instructions are here.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

These instructions are no longer valid.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Place into your saved games folder and all works fine. The instructions will be updated with the next version I'm sure.

Looks like ED changed something that prevents using the 476th Range Objects with OvGME. They must be installed in your Saved Games folder.

C:\Users\476vfg\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\Tech\476 Range Targets 17FEB17

In this folder, you should see the following:

• Shapes folder
  • Textures folder
  • Theme folder
  • 4 x lua files

So does this mean its no longer necessary to remove and replace mods each time we update?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.