Difficult to connect JTAC`s

DeathAngel1

Alphamale, mission was same like I attached above. Just there was placed vehiche JTAC instead Predator.

The Hornet_CAS.miz? That one you definitely cannot connect with the JTAC...is that correct? Meanwhile, here is Wag's Mission that I edited using a Predator instead of the HMMVV as JTAC

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=197786&d=1542138745

Edited by Alphamale
attaching file

Alphamale, mission was same like I attached above. Just there was placed vehiche JTAC instead Predator.

DA1, I ran the mission Hornet_CAS.miz and the comm to the predator is fine...please send me a copy of any CAS mission with ground based JTAC and I'll look at it....otherwise I can't help you if I don't see how your mission is set up

The problem seems to be in multiplayer mode.

Inside the ME editor I can get the JTAC AI to respond when I use the green arrow to test the mission.

When I exit and save the mission and try to run it on my MP server, it won't work.

See the vid when run inside the ME:

Edited by Cellvictor

I found another issue too...

Sometimes, when I successfully contact to JTAC, the conversation ends on the line "ready to copy remarks" from my side. After that, the radio is filled with silence.

And I just cant finish the mission.

See the mission that I`ve created. Its unable to connect with JTAC after "ready to copy remarks".

FA-18C AccurateStrike.miz

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

I found another issue too...

Sometimes, when I successfully contact to JTAC, the conversation ends on the line "ready to copy remarks" from my side. After that, the radio is filled with silence.

And I just cant finish the mission.

See the mission that I`ve created. Its unable to connect with JTAC after "ready to copy remarks".

Ok DeathAngel1, I fixed the mission you were originally referring to...try it and the comm is 138 and I'll take look at this one here

Hornet CAS (1).miz

Ok DeathAngel1, I fixed the mission you were originally referring to...try it and the comm is 138 and I'll take look at this one here

Wow thanks man, JTAC works perfectly now. :thumbup: How do you fix it?

Could you fix my last mission too - named "Accurate Strike". I`ve attached it into my last post.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

Wow thanks man, JTAC works perfectly now. :thumbup: How do you fix it?

Could you fix my last mission too - named "Accurate Strike". I`ve attached it into my last post.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

I'm working on it....tell me what you want to do in Accurate Strike mission....I count 10 targets, so you know you can't take them down just with Mavericks and by yourself...I see three vehicle groups as the targets....I don't speak Russian (Cyrillic) but the groups look like this "cyrillic name" , then "Cyrillic name #001, and finally "cyrillic name #002"...do you want to address them in a particular order? And why all of the waypoints for the Predator (36)? You can issue a command to orbit thereby circumventing the need for loiter waypoints...which targets do you want to take out first with your MAVs?

Alphamale, in that mission communication with JTAC stucks when I report: "ready to copy remarks". After that there are only silence from JTAC...

I want JTAC support for destroying SA-2 SNR Fan Song Radar First (cyrilic name), and after that I will destroy armor group (target named "cyrilic name002").

And I will deal with vehicle target (cyrilic name001) with gun , so I dont need JTAC for it.

Edited by DeathAngel1

Alphamale, in that mission communication with JTAC stucks when I report: "ready to copy remarks". After that there are only silence from JTAC...

I want JTAC support for destroying SA-2 SNR Fan Song Radar First (cyrilic name), and after that I will destroy armor group (target named "cyrilic name002").

And I will deal with vehicle target (cyrilic name001) with gun , so I dont need JTAC for it.

Sorry DeathAngel1, it is a BUG...here's the link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224406

I managed to use the Predator as AFAC and destroy some tanks. I ran the mission several times, and sometimes, after I had fired the first missile, the AFAC would call "abort, abort, abort! You have no permission!".

I then checked out and started the process again, and then was able to get my remaining missiles onto the targets.

For what reason would the AFAC request me to abort?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I managed to use the Predator as AFAC and destroy some tanks. I ran the mission several times, and sometimes, after I had fired the first missile, the AFAC would call "abort, abort, abort! You have no permission!".

I then checked out and started the process again, and then was able to get my remaining missiles onto the targets.

Because you have to ask permission for atack from JTAC, before you fire the missile.

Yeah, which mission was this? DeathAngel1, check out this mission that you gave me...I took out a target group, so now there's 6 targets...there are no SAMs because they make the AFAC fail...so until they fix this, this is the new variation of AccurateStrike. So here's the mission...Take out 6 ground targets and the two choppers and make it back to the carrier before you run out of fuel...let me know how it goes

AccurateStrike(1).miz

Because you have to ask permission for atack from JTAC, before you fire the missile.

I have run at least one mission with the Predator where I could fire all 4 missiles after he confirmed "Laser On" and I did not get the "Abort!"

With the Stryker-based FAC it worked always, I never had to ask for permission to attack after the "Laser On".

Also, there is nothing in the comms menu to reqquest permission to attack.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have run at least one mission with the Predator where I could fire all 4 missiles after he confirmed "Laser On" and I did not get the "Abort!"

With the Stryker-based FAC it worked always, I never had to ask for permission to attack after the "Laser On"

Well, when they fix the problems they're having with this FAC lasing, you'll probably have to do it the right way, which is by getting a "Cleared Hot" from the AFAC whether it be lasing OR using smoke...so you might as well get used to having to ask for permission, by first declaring SPOT and then by declaring IN, after which you will get "Cleared Hot"

With the Stryker-based FAC it worked always, I never had to ask for permission to attack after the "Laser On"

If the first target is destroyed before you fire again, the JTAC would have you abort as he did not clear you on another target. At least the type 1 and 2 control requires permission for each individual employment of ordnance against a target, if I am not mistaken?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

If the first target is destroyed before you fire again, the JTAC would have you abort as he did not clear you on another target. At least the type 1 and 2 control requires permission for each individual employment of ordnance against a target, if I am not mistaken?

Not only that, but the FAC essentially takes control of your weapon deployment by not only forcing you to have a dozen convos before you can launch, but worse, they tell you which weapons to use...I mean, I've already been told to use a MAV on a truck and rockets or GUNs on an armored vehicle....I chose my payload so I could use MAVs on the hardened targets and rockets or CBUs on the softer targets, but the damn JTAC seems to know better....NOT :mad:

Not only that, but the FAC essentially takes control of your weapon deployment by not only forcing you to have a dozen convos before you can launch, but worse, they tell you which weapons to use...I mean, I've already been told to use a MAV on a truck and rockets or GUNs on an armored vehicle....I chose my payload so I could use MAVs on the hardened targets and rockets or CBUs on the softer targets, but the damn JTAC seems to know better....NOT :mad:
lol. that's where IRL the pilot advises the JTAC about the options or the JTAC leaves it to the pilot to decide on the ordnance. He still is the one to decide.

In DCS the JTAC has a tendency to use stand off weapons first. There is an option in the mission editor to tell the JTAC specific type of weapons per target (group), but the default AI process makes weird decisions sometimes.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

lol. that's where IRL the pilot advises the JTAC about the options or the JTAC leaves it to the pilot to decide on the ordnance. He still is the one to decide.

In DCS the JTAC has a tendency to use stand off weapons first. There is an option in the mission editor to tell the JTAC specific type of weapons per target (group), but the default AI process makes weird decisions sometimes.

Wow, I'll have to check that out...but I don't see why it would be so hard to have the AI prioritize the targets based on threat level and/or armor level...it's just common sense....take out SAMs and AAA with standoff, then armor and then soft targets and finally infantry... it really makes choosing your payload even more important

Wow, I'll have to check that out...but I don't see why it would be so hard to have the AI prioritize the targets based on threat level and/or armor level...it's just common sense....take out SAMs and AAA with standoff, then armor and then soft targets and finally infantry... it really makes choosing your payload even more important
The general threat assessment works, quite ok. At least when I checked last. Not flown the A-10C with JTAC for quite a while.

In general SAM/AAA highest threat, then Armor, rest last.

It gets difficult when only one type like armor is involved. AAA, T-72 or BMP-2 what is more dangerous?

Many will tell you dodging a ZSU-2 on a truck is easier than dodging BMP 30mm... though gun vs. armor while still carrying AGMs does not make sense, unless it was enforced in the mission design.

Shagrat

The general threat assessment works, quite ok. At least when I checked last. Not flown the A-10C with JTAC for quite a while.

In general SAM/AAA highest threat, then Armor, rest last.

It gets difficult when only one type like armor is involved. AAA, T-72 or BMP-2 what is more dangerous?

Many will tell you dodging a ZSU-2 on a truck is easier than dodging BMP 30mm... though gun vs. armor while still carrying AGMs does not make sense, unless it was enforced in the mission design.

I just edited a mission I got from someone else in the forum...there's two vehicle groups...one with two personnel trucks and the other with four armored tanks....I edit the AFAC to "Assign Group" #1 as the armored group and then the same task for the second group of just a Jeep and a truck (figuring that if I list the armored group first,the FAC will address that group first...furthermore I assign as "weapon to use" for the armored group under the Guided category as ATGM (Air to Ground Missile) since they didn't have a Maverick option. I then chose Laser as the mark type and then for the soft group I chose from the Unguided category Cluster Bombs and for the Mark I chose NO since the damn Willy Pete does nothing but obscure my vision during a manual CCIP pickle...and then I save it...What happens? I contact JTAC and the SOB wants me to use the MK 20s on the armored group...WTF???? Then to finish the screw -up, it throws smoke out when I specifically told it NOT to...this ME is a POS

I'm going to have to download one of these missions I guess. I've checked my frequencies countless times and no matter what I've tried the JTAC is always grayed out in the comms menu and won't respond. Tried different units (shouldn't matter as far as I can tell). I now have 2 different units that should be capable of JTAC on specific freqs and the freqs programmed into the F-18 and whether I use pre-programmed or manual it doesn't work. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Downloaded a mission from earlier in the thread, checked the frequency of the JTAC in it, launched it, set COMM1 to manual and punched in 138000 enter. The frequency looked good on the radio and it had the colon next to AM. JTAC is grayed out and won't respond. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is. Will play with it some more tomorrow night.

Edited by 311Gryphon

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm going to have to download one of these missions I guess. I've checked my frequencies countless times and no matter what I've tried the JTAC is always grayed out in the comms menu and won't respond. Tried different units (shouldn't matter as far as I can tell). I now have 2 different units that should be capable of JTAC on specific freqs and the freqs programmed into the F-18 and whether I use pre-programmed or manual it doesn't work. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Downloaded a mission from earlier in the thread, checked the frequency of the JTAC in it, launched it, set COMM1 to manual and punched in 138000 enter. The frequency looked good on the radio and it had the colon next to AM. JTAC is grayed out and won't respond. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is. Will play with it some more tomorrow night.

Try using easy comms ( backslash key) to verify JTAC is showing in pull-down menu. I set the aircraft radio and the JTAC radio to both 133.0 in the mission editor.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...so you might as well get used to having to ask for permission, by first declaring SPOT and then by declaring IN, after which you will get "Cleared Hot"

I followed your advice, and it worked for all 4 missiles, going through the protocol each time. Very time-consuming, you have to mess around in the danger zone for a long time and might get too close to a TOR or OSA for comfort.

PS: I re-reviewed Wags' little video and he skipped those steps, which upsets me a bit as we are all (o.k. most of us) following his guidance.

Yes, it's early access but we shouldn't be mislead this way.

LeCuvier