VR cursor

mariner3302

The blue cross is way too bright during night refueling, flight, and ground operations. Is there a way to dim it?

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

In VR, it always moves... it makes it extremely hard to see the ball.. there has to be a way. Wags?

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Strange mine disappears after a couple of moments of non use.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It just stays on. Even if it was to go away, when it comes back on it will ruin my night vision. I fly with the hud turned way down unless against a bright sky.

It should go out, Mine does after maybe 3 or 4 seconds of non movement.

I fly almost exclusively at night with all instruments dimmed and never found the cursor a problem.

What I do though is move it out of sight after use until it switches off.

Are your mouse settings at full sensitivity or something like?

Try turning it down a little if so.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

The question is how can I change the brightness and/or the shape of the cursor? Somewhere in the coding it has to be specified somewhere. That is what I want to know, please, I get that it SHOULD go away but it isn't. I don't want it to go away. Just change shape and brightness. I have most functions in all my helo and fixed wing aircraft mapped to my HOTAS. There isn't anyway to not touch anything while taking off, flying, or especially landing so that the cursor goes away.

I dont use the mouse option in the VR menu, thats why it doesn't go away after not moving. I have the mouse buttons mapped to my throttle.

• 2 weeks later...

You can actually enable and disable the cursor. Standard keyboard shortcut for it is LALT+C. I also mapped a button combination of my HOTAS setup to that option.

Go to control settings and search for "mouse". You will find the option "Clickable mouse cockpit mode On/Off"

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED!!! You, Sir, are a steely eyed missile man! I never tried the setting in the aircaft setting, only the main settings. I have been whining nd searching for the answer to changing it all over. Literally I spent hours.. THANK YOU!!