Ships water splash through deck

raelias

Self explanatory, images showcase the issue, ships are moving 26-27 kts winds calm (Open beta 08/29)

Screen_180829_131655.thumb.png.3a7be4a8634429f3bede9256504ebc05.png

Screen_180829_132437.thumb.png.1ff64b65fb4bbbec83071439a1b127b9.png

Screen_180829_132401.thumb.png.a91480a3e638579ba8ca2bdb541fdde6.png

Screen_180829_131632.thumb.png.f09240360d2e59255c5920faf98009de.png

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Self explanatory, images showcase the issue, ships are moving 26-27 kts winds calm (Open beta 08/29)

Same here, plus the splash caused by the ship's bow breaking through the water seems excessive even if it wasn't actually passing through the deck. I currently do not have any mods running on my open beta installation. Hope ED can implement a hotfix, but otherwise great work overall!

• 2 weeks later...

I have this issue also with ship speed of 23 knots and 5 knot wind. I only noticed this in Caucusus map though.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
Coming up on 3 weeks and a few updates later and this problem has yet to be addressed. It doesn't seem like anyone who is able to fix this problem is aware of this thread. Is there any way we can get a mod/dev to see this?

I was just thinking the same thing. I would think that it would be an easy fix.

• 1 month later...

Non-VR Flying Case I With Post 8/29/18 Ships Wake Update Issues

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219068

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3636644&postcount=1

The above links say it all. It's been over 2 months without a single response from ED. Ships wake IRL and current ships wake in DCS just do not compare. Lost a major frame of reference when turning into the groove. Plus, at 30kts, water from the bow actually splashes through the Stennis' deck! How has this gone unnoticed/unacknowledged for so long?!

If you're detecting frustration, it's because I've posted about this issue here before and, instead of getting a response from a mod/dev, the post is immediately relocated and ignored. I'm a loyal, paying customer who is, present issue excluded, completely impressed with this simulator, and the F-18C especially, but this completely unrealistic ships wake is almost as annoying as the fact that I can't seem to get anyone with the power to fix this issue to acknowledge it, let alone to respond to me.

If someone who can fix this problem please address this issue in a timely manner, I can assure you that you will have made at least one loyal, paying DCS customer very happy.

Thank you for doing the right thing by addressing your customers' concerns and making them feel valued.

Edited by Fropa
Added additional supporting link

I remember getting hit with water on the deck during rough seas.... It isn't uncommon for spray especially to splash on deck. I remember standing on spot 3 (on the waist, first helo spot) and getting wet from the spray.

I do think the wake does need to be a bit longer. It would help spot the ship a bit better, especially in low vis, grey days when the ship's paint does it's job and camouflages things a bit.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Yep, the previous wake was a lot more realistic and helpful with line up. I would completely ignore the silly "lights" script and use wake for reference until the groove. Well, I still do even with this shorty wake...

I don't know why in the world the devs scaled it down. Perhaps they were aiming at changing wake depending on sea state and speed. That didn't quite work out;) It looks the same at any speed and sea state. Nobody mentioned anything in change logs.

Yep, the previous wake was a lot more realistic and helpful with line up. I would completely ignore the silly "lights" script and use wake for reference until the groove. Well, I still do even with this shorty wake...

I don't know why in the world the devs scaled it down. Perhaps they were aiming at changing wake depending on sea state and speed. That didn't quite work out;) It looks the same at any speed and sea state. Nobody mentioned anything in change logs.

I also don't get why the wake was so drastically changed. There is no real life comparison to the current wake ED is using. Even more puzzling is why, after 2 months, nobody from ED is responding to posts on the issue. We are loyal, paying customers. Why are we being ignored?!

Is this a serious post / concern?

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

To whoever keeps moving this post into a different forum where it will once again be ignored, is this what you call customer service? Can you or someone from ED at least respond to us instead of turfing this issue elsewhere to be ignored?!! This is the second time you guys have done this... get it together!

This post was moved to the 2.5 Bug forum which is the correct one as this is not a Hornet issue.

I completely agree with you about how the current aircraft carrier wake is unrealistic and lacking in visual quality and realism. It would be nice for ED to at least address this issue and mention what they are doing to resolve what has now become an issue going on two months.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

This post was moved to the 2.5 Bug forum which is the correct one as this is not a Hornet issue.

I completely agree with you about how the current aircraft carrier wake is unrealistic and lacking in visual quality and realism. It would be nice for ED to at least address this issue and mention what they are doing to resolve what has now become an issue going on two months.

Thank you for your response. What can we do to make ED aware of this issue? They've yet to respond to any post on the subject.

I am sure they are aware of it- I imagine they have prioritized it, but they've got a lot of things on their plate too. This doesn't break the sim where other bugs may. I think we all need to remain patient.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here as well, and as far as the excessive spray it’s happening with all shops that can exceed 25kts.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219068

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3636644&postcount=1

The above links say it all. It's been over 2 months without a single response from ED. Ships wake IRL and current ships wake in DCS just do not compare. Lost a major frame of reference when turning into the groove. Plus, at 30kts, water from the bow actually splashes through the Stennis' deck! How has this gone unnoticed/unacknowledged for so long?!

If you're detecting frustration, it's because I've posted about this issue here before and, instead of getting a response from a mod/dev, the post is immediately relocated and ignored. I'm a loyal, paying customer who is, present issue excluded, completely impressed with this simulator, and the F-18C especially, but this completely unrealistic ships wake is almost as annoying as the fact that I can't seem to get anyone with the power to fix this issue to acknowledge it, let alone to respond to me.

If someone who can fix this problem please address this issue in a timely manner, I can assure you that you will have made at least one loyal, paying DCS customer very happy.

Thank you for doing the right thing by addressing your customers' concerns and making them feel valued.

It took almost a year for ED to fix a simple missing glass texture that the community fixed in minutes. And this was an issue that stared players in the face with green pixelated canopies compared to the less conspicuous issue of ship wakes.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your response. What can we do to make ED aware of this issue? They've yet to respond to any post on the subject.

It's the mods who reply to posts on here, but I have heard it said a few times before, that the respective department devs look on here very regularly and take note of all the bugs and add the new ones to the list.

It's just that some are higher priority than others. From what I gather goes on in ED Manor:

1. Bugs that crash the game. (Red lights rotate and sirens wail throughout the building).

2. Bugs that break an aircraft system. (Phones ring in the respective departments and devs wince while holding the headset well away from their ear as the air around the earpiece is scorched).

3. Bugs and optimizations that directly cause performance issues. (Much cursing in Russian, Prozac is washed down with fresh tea from the samovar and sleeves rolled up ready to do battle).

4. Graphics and effects problems. (I'll have a quick look at that while the tealady is getting my cuppa ready).

Just because you have not been acknowledged does not mean you have been ignored. I don't think anything I reported ever got acknowledged apart from game crashes.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.