FW-190A8 REVI seems Opaque again? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #1
LeCuvier

Default FW-190A8 REVI seems Opaque again?

Since last week's update, the tint is removed from the A8 windshield. But now the REVI seems opaque again to me. The REVI in the A8 is the same as the one in the K4 - Right? I attach two screen captures, one from the A8 and one from the K4. The K4 shows a clear REVI while the A8 shows a brownish opaque REVI. Obviously the rendering of the captured JPG file is slightly different from what I see in the game, but still there seems to be a significant difference.
In my view the A8 REVI is still too opaque.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FW-190A8 REVI Opaque.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	216996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bf-109K4 REVI Clear.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	216997  
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
razo+r
Veteran

Well, the real Revi 16 looks pretty clear indeed: https://www.google.com/search?q=revi...cWr1spquBPhaM:
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
Hunter Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
Since last week's update, the tint is removed from the A8 windshield. But now the REVI seems opaque again to me. The REVI in the A8 is the same as the one in the K4 - Right? I attach two screen captures, one from the A8 and one from the K4. The K4 shows a clear REVI while the A8 shows a brownish opaque REVI. Obviously the rendering of the captured JPG file is slightly different from what I see in the game, but still there seems to be a significant difference.
In my view the A8 REVI is still too opaque.
Have You try to regulate the intensity via the dim in the lower right of the Revi?

http://medusasquad.altervista.org/
http://medusasquad.altervista.org/forum/
https://www.youtube.com/user/garaganotube
Hunter Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Joker View Post
Have You try to regulate the intensity via the dim in the lower right of the Revi?
I can dim the intensity of the cross hair, no problem. But that does not make the glass of the REVI less opaque!
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
Old 09-10-2019, 03:47 PM   #5
Magic Zach

It is opaque because the brightness is at half by default, while the K-4's is at full brightness. I prefer the half, so I actually usually dim the K-4's sight.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #6
LeCuvier

The opacity of the REVI glass depends in no way on the brightness of the crosshair. This is quite obvious but still I thought I might be wrong, and therefore varied the gunsight brightness. And of course the opacity of the REVI glass did not change.
Guys please stop telling me that the low gunsight brightness is the problem!
The subject is the brownish opacity of the REVI glass.