HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Thank you very much Gizzy. If I may ask, why is there a separate PD measurements check box? I thought everyone had a single measurement in millimeters for the IPD (the distance between their two pupils).

Dr Google sayeth :

'A single PD is the measurement, in millimeters, from the center of one pupil to the center of the other. A dual PD is the measurement of the center of each pupil to the center of the bridge of your nose.'

:lol:

SIGBLOCK.png

Dr Google sayeth :

'A single PD is the measurement, in millimeters, from the center of one pupil to the center of the other. A dual PD is the measurement of the center of each pupil to the center of the bridge of your nose.'

:lol:

Yepp, I got dual values by the optician and the measurement system is to adjust for glasses.

Just add those and youre done.

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

Well guys, I went through Thud's VR guide and also that Youtube Optimisation video. I am pleased to say that the (sideways) ghosting is significantly better now! The main bit that fixed it was enabling reprojection in the SteamVR settings file (MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings).

I'm not sure if the shaders mod really improved performance but it definitely made the colours look a bit "meh", especially the grass textures.

I still want to play around a bit to see if I can improve the performance.

Does anybody know what the optimum settings are in SteamVR? The ones I'm interested in are the reprojection mode, legacy reprojection and the filter?

Well turning grass off will improve performance... seriously.

Getting to a constant 45fps, is “easy” on the right hardware, getting to 90 is I think very difficult, as you end up having to compromise on so many settings, or have hardware that is not built yet...

Turning the draw distance down to low/medium, shadows, smoke, trees and grass all off, mirrors too... will all likely “get you there” but it might not be somewhere you enjoy being...

I haven’t tried legacy reproduction mode in a while, but, from memory it was not good...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Just go to Amazon and buy the VR Cover facepad replacement for the HTC Vive. It fits the Reverb perfectly, gives slightly more eye relief, and is much more comfortable than the stock HP facepads. They're 29 bucks for 2 of them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V7MV1R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Heh. Funny that you called it the fake leather face gasket. HP claims that its real leather, but it definitely isn't.

don't do this, especially if you are using lens adaptors from VR opticians or similar ... and has less padding than the native padding ... it is WAY too thin

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I had a browse through Amazon looking for VR face mask replacements. Lots of stuff here: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=face+padding+for+VR&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

But nothing at all for the reverb. I guess it's too new. Anywho..... it appears to me the Oculus face pad shape is much more similar to the reverb than the HTC Vive is. I tried pulling the one off my Vive Pro and it didn't seem to match at all. Anyone know which of the other headsets are most similar in facemask foam shape to the Reverb?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I had a browse through Amazon looking for VR face mask replacements. Lots of stuff here: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=face+padding+for+VR&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

But nothing at all for the reverb. I guess it's too new. Anywho..... it appears to me the Oculus face pad shape is much more similar to the reverb than the HTC Vive is. I tried pulling the one off my Vive Pro and it didn't seem to match at all. Anyone know which of the other headsets are most similar in facemask foam shape to the Reverb?

I bought the Rift VR cover for my Reverb from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0798L3671

It comes with two thicknesses and the thicker cover works great for me

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

don't do this, especially if you are using lens adaptors from VR opticians or similar ... and has less padding than the native padding ... it is WAY too thin

Strange. Mine has slightly more padding that the original (pro pad) and gave me a little more eye relief which helped with my being able to see the edges of the lenses. No lens adapters here though.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I'm sure a lot of you are aware, but just a heads up to say there was a WMR for SteamVR update in the last day or two which will have changed your default.vrsettings motionReprojectionMode to 'disabled'.

Remember to change it back to whatever you had before!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Has there been any word on fixing the VR performance in 2.5.6? Or what has caused the performance issues?

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Has there been any word on fixing the VR performance in 2.5.6? Or what has caused the performance issues?

If 2.5.4 was any indication, I think the only time we'll see a major improvement in VR performance will be when 2.5.7 is released. I tried every patch of 2.5.4, hoping performance would improve back to how good it was in 2.5.3, and it never happened. The magic bullet, for me, in that case ended up being the release of 2.5.5. Just speculating of course. :)

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

fpsVR /3.29€ steam has a 'color saturation' tab where I upped my Reverb colors (10-20%)

Do you mean 'Color Gain' in Advanced? If so, that has no effect on the Reverb. Otherwise, I'd be interested to see where that is.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I currently own a Rift S and I've been interested in the Reverb. I've been told that the head tracking for DCS is bad and it's not as good as the Rift S.

Also, what is the difference between the Reverb and Reverb Pro?

I just want to make sure that it tracks well and looks good for DCS, I read a few comments back about a small sweet spot and flat colors. In regards to the sweet spot how does it compare to the Rift S? Is the screen door effect minimized?

I've only owned one VR headset so I don't have anything else as a comparison.

I currently own a Rift S and I've been interested in the Reverb. I've been told that the head tracking for DCS is bad and it's not as good as the Rift S.

I just want to make sure that it tracks well and looks good for DCS, I read a few comments back about a small sweet spot and flat colors. In regards to the sweet spot how does it compare to the Rift S? Is the screen door effect minimized?

I haven't tried a Rift S but I have had the original Rift amongst other headsets. My experience is the Reverb tracks perfectly in a seated environment providing it has suitable light. My wife also uses it for Beat Saber with no issue.

The Pro has a wipeable faux leather face cover. I replaced that with a VR cover which is more comfortable IMHO.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Do you mean 'Color Gain' in Advanced? If so, that has no effect on the Reverb. Otherwise, I'd be interested to see where that is.

woops, think that was with different goggles.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I'm sure a lot of you are aware, but just a heads up to say there was a WMR for SteamVR update in the last day or two which will have changed your default.vrsettings motionReprojectionMode to 'disabled'.

Remember to change it back to whatever you had before!

Thanks. Does this update turn off the button in the Steam dialogue box or do you have to go back into the config settings file to turn it back on?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Double post. Sorry.

I haven't used the Rift. But my previous headset was a Vive Pro and the Reverb is leaps and bounds better in terms of resolution and clarity. I don't regret the upgrade at all. I have no issue with head tracking at all, unless it gets dark and I forgot to turn the room lights on bright. The SDE is much improved for me, its still there but barely perceptible. And I know everyone talks about the colors being flat. But I'm not seeing a huge difference between the Reverb and the Vive Pro.

The only two areas so far that I'm disappointed in is 1) the audio from the ear pieces and the ear pieces themselves are junk. But you can hook up a set of plug in earbuds into the headset and the audio is awesome then. And 2) the face fit to me is not very good without some mods to the foam cushion to change the eye relief.

My understanding is the Reverb Pro is different in only two areas. 1) the aforementioned faux leather face pad because it was intended to have multiple people use it in a business or training environment and 2) the Pro comes with a long and a short cable whereas the consumer version only has the long cable. The thinking is the Pro business model might use the portable wireless backpack and the short cable would be for that use.

You might want to wait and see what the Reverb G2 looks like.

It is interesting when people ask this kind of question, as inevitably you will get very diffierent opinions. In the end, you just have to try it for yourself.

FWIW, my opinion is very different from Notso's. My 2 big beefs with the Reverb are firstly the difficulty in getting tracking synced when there is no daylight, and secondly, the horribly thick, stiff cable.

I have no issues with the audio at all. Perfectly suitable for purpose, and the last thing I want is to strap on more plastic onto my head in the form of external headphones.

I have owned CV1, Vive Pro and Valve Index and overall, I prefer the Reverb, mainly for clarity and resolution.

I'm surprised that Notso says he can't see much difference between the Vive Pro OLED colours and the Reverb's. IMO, there is a big difference there. Much more saturation, deeper blacks and depth in the VP. But, again, it's worth the compromise.

And, my advice is don't wait for Reverb G2. Who knows when/if that will see the light of day.

So, lots of different opinions!

Thanks. Does this update turn off the button in the Steam dialogue box or do you have to go back into the config settings file to turn it back on?

What button are you referring to?

Think last update optimized VR from worse, back to steady and 45FPS (45-60), was quite horrible last few weeks in MP servers.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |