HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Heh. I had gotten used to simply being able to plug things into a self-powered, external USB hub, that I was completely baffled by the erratic behavior of my CV1 and HOTAS when I first got the CV1. For some reason, my CV1 just didn't play well with my USB hub. Definitely fickle things! :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Lol whenever I think of VR and Power, I always hear in the back of my mind Captain Kirk to Scottie:

"We need more power Scottie, we need it now!"

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am losing tracking with mine when i look on the sides and behind. any tip to avoid that ?

bump ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Turn more light on in Your room.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

thanks. I think im gonna apply a LED ribbon around my cockpit

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Your Reverb probably isn't getting enough power through the motherboard port. I used to have all kinds of random display issues when I first started in VR with my CV1, and installing a dedicated PCIe USB card that plugs directly into my PSU solved those problems. That's what I have my Reverb plugged into now, and I have never had a display blackout problem. They're relatively cheap. I have an Inateck 5 port card, but others have had a lot of luck with Startech cards as well.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will keep it in my mind. But before I go and buy extra hardware, I do wonder how is it possible that the view angle in game is related to USB power. It is not like there are any more pixels being processed if I view 1° up or down. Also if this is power related, why are things working fine for the first 30 minutes?

Thank you for the suggestion, I will keep it in my mind. But before I go and buy extra hardware, I do wonder how is it possible that the view angle in game is related to USB power. It is not like there are any more pixels being processed if I view 1° up or down. Also if this is power related, why are things working fine for the first 30 minutes?
You need better lighting in the room and not have so many reflective objects around you as that messes up the tracking for wmr headsets.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

You need better lighting in the room and not have so many reflective objects around you as that messes up the tracking for wmr headsets.

My problem is not related to tracking, but to in-game camera angle. Flying inverted while looking up at the ground is the same as looking down at the ground. I get blackouts when the camera is pointe towards the in-game ground, regardless of where the Reverb is pointed at inreality

The way I see it is that time is money. An Inateck card costs about 28 bucks on Amazon, with Startech cards being higher in price, and may or may not solve the problem, but it certainly won't make things worse. Sometimes it just makes more sense to throw a part at something and see what the results are. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

When reverb was native support on DCS?

When and if ED decides to provide native WMR support for VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Today again, after about 30 minutes of play the problems start.

attachment.php?attachmentid=220046&stc=1&d=1572213109

Here everything is fine.

attachment.php?attachmentid=220047&stc=1&d=1572213109

Here, moving the view a tiny bit down, HMD screen blackouts start to blink on/off. Moving the view back up by the same amount and the blackouts stop again.

Can this really be related to power supply?

Screen_191027_215856.thumb.png.e01f961c33b69644fc7d0245469d4057.png

Screen_191027_215902.thumb.png.5453ba472e149eebb4b8927acd00956c.png

Today again, after about 30 minutes of play the problems start.

attachment.php?attachmentid=220046&stc=1&d=1572213109

Here everything is fine.

attachment.php?attachmentid=220047&stc=1&d=1572213109

Here, moving the view a tiny bit down, HMD screen blackouts start to blink on/off. Moving the view back up by the same amount and the blackouts stop again.

Can this really be related to power supply?

It's very possible that the cable itself could be bad if you are indeed getting enough power.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Is anyone else running into a problem where your in cockpit view will suddenly change dramatically? Almost as if you were snapping to a new view point in the cockpit. It usually only last a fraction of a second and returns. I’ve never had this issue before. I figured it was a tracking issue but my setup hasn’t changed and the light is the same. Besides I’ve never had a tracking issue before. I almost feel like it must be related to either a SteamVR update or the DCS update but I could be totally wrong. Any guidance or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Is anyone else running into a problem where your in cockpit view will suddenly change dramatically? Almost as if you were snapping to a new view point in the cockpit. It usually only last a fraction of a second and returns. I’ve never had this issue before. I figured it was a tracking issue but my setup hasn’t changed and the light is the same. Besides I’ve never had a tracking issue before. I almost feel like it must be related to either a SteamVR update or the DCS update but I could be totally wrong. Any guidance or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jason

I have had this happen a few times in the last couple of weeks, but mine has only been a brief glitch, and then I'm right back to my normal view position in the cockpit. Pretty sure you're right about it being related to a SteamVR or DCS update.

Ok cool eagle. Glad I’m not the only one and hopefully it’s something that self resolves and not a problem that needs to be chased down

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Yea I use the beta steam VR and beta WMR for steam

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Sorry, it's impossible to run with no ghosting and those settings. I'm running the fastest hardware money can buy, and have tried all various options. As Thud has surmised, SteamVR SS is much better than MSAA in the game. If somebody is not seeing that, they're changing it in the wrong area.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Can you tell me what settings you are suggesting then (exactly)? I have tried setting MSAA to off and setting SteamVR SS at various settings up to 200% and it does not stop the ghosting of trees and building edges. I am slowly looking at the Oculus code and working out why their APIs give less distortion but there are only so many hours in the day ...
Most people here just use the steam vr for windows MR app that's downloadable from within steam, set it to beta mode and run it with steam SS at 100%. Not anything above that, and then inside DCS set the pixel density to 1.0.

With these options you may even be able to add some msaa. This is how I run mine and I use mostly high settings in the DCS graphics options tab.

You have to Activate the MotionReprojection 45FPS Limiter,to Run DCS Perfect.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Edited by TOYKILLA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Are there any Pimax5K+ users here. I wonder if DCS could be run at acceptable setting with specs in my signature. Any tips to run it smooth? I'm about to get one myself in the coming future (around Christmas). What is your opinion about it ?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Eagle, when you see this, could you post your exact graphics card, driver version and WMP, WMR for Steam, Steam VR and DCS VR settings? You say you see no ghosting and I believe you. I want to try and replicate what you have exactly if I can (or get very damned close). I am still experiencing ghosting and smearing of trees and building edges.

Aurelius, if you're keeping your SteamVR SS at 150% like you have mentioned a few times, that is what's causing the ghosting most likely. But, I just had a thought pop into my head about the only difference I know of between my rig's specs and pretty much everybody else's (with the exception of your rig, which has the same amount of memory, memory faster than mine). I have 64GB of memory. Maybe that's the difference? Don't know. But I do know that going above 100% SteamVR SS is asking for trouble. I started off by believing the "Set it to 188% to hit the native resolution of the Reverb" myth. But that turned out to have no benefit, and it made me so frustrated with the Reverb's performance that I almost sent it back. Then, I tried playing with the SS settings, and found that, to my eyes, there was no visual difference between that and 100%.

I can post the other stuff you're looking for when I get back home this afternoon. :)

BTW, just to be clear, I do get occasional ghosting depending on what's going on in the DCS world at that moment, but its rare enough to where it makes 4X MSAA worth it.

Edited by eaglecash867

Aurelius, if you're keeping your SteamVR SS at 150% like you have mentioned a few times, that is what's causing the ghosting most likely. But, I just had a thought pop into my head about the only difference I know of between my rig's specs and pretty much everybody else's (with the exception of your rig, which has the same amount of memory, memory faster than mine). I have 64GB of memory. Maybe that's the difference? Don't know. But I do know that going above 100% SteamVR SS is asking for trouble. I started off by believing the "Set it to 188% to hit the native resolution of the Reverb" myth. But that turned out to have no benefit, and it made me so frustrated with the Reverb's performance that I almost sent it back. Then, I tried playing with the SS settings, and found that, to my eyes, there was no visual difference between that and 100%.

I can post the other stuff you're looking for when I get back home this afternoon. :)

If you're using steam vr for wmr beta you should not need to go past 100%. I'm on that beta and at 100% the resolution is very close to the reverb native resolution. Of course if you are not on the beta, this resolution will be lower at 100% and you will have to increase that slider.

I did this multiple times going back and forth between the beta and stable and noticed the changes taking effect.