RED FLAG - An F/A-18 NTTR Mission by Sedlo - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 02:18 AM   #41
Mower
Veteran

Most excellent training environment, thanx very much!
Old 03-05-2019, 11:41 AM   #42
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedlo View Post
Hey Guys! Double checked the mission, while I updated the AWACS to work with the Datalink, I forgot to update the friendly fighters. That has been fixed with new version 1.52.

I've test flown the mission a couple of times, and I can see how it might not be clear what to do. After you've finished refueling, you are meant to use the radio menu, F10 option to check out from the tanker.

Once that happens, the voice over tells you to push Channel 16 left (287.. Once you switch your radio over, the check in should happen automatically.

I've added a text box in game to remind you to tune your radio to Channel 16 left (287. after you refuel. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

SEDLO
Once the transfer is completed?
i5 8400 | 16 Gb RAM | GTX 1080 | Virpil MongooseT-50 base w/ Warthog stick | Warthog throttle | Virpil desk mount | Saitek rudder pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel
FC3 - A-10C - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - NTTR - PG
Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:50 AM   #43
Sedlo

Not quite, The radio menu should become active as soon as you switch to the tanker frequency.
The reminder to use the Radio Menu / F10 happens once you back away from the tanker more than 300ft or so.
Sedlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:15 PM   #44
Tundra

Quote:
Not quite, The radio menu should become active as soon as you switch to the tanker frequency.
The reminder to use the Radio Menu / F10 happens once you back away from the tanker more than 300ft or so.
So you get inside 10nm of the tanker, Sally controller tells you to switch to tanker frequency, and by then the new F10 radio item is added?
i5 8400 | 16 Gb RAM | GTX 1080 | Virpil MongooseT-50 base w/ Warthog stick | Warthog throttle | Virpil desk mount | Saitek rudder pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel
Old 03-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #45
Sedlo

Almost!

Sally Control will direct you to push to the tanker. Once you switch your left radio to 295.4, the F10 option is added.

When you are within 300 ft of the tanker, a message will pop up, reminding you that once you're refuel is complete to contact Darkstar via radio menu / F10.

Once you call complete with the radio menu / F10 you should switch to Channel 16 / 287.8 on your left radio. If you don't, a pop up should come and remind you to do so.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #46
cercata

I watched a video and this looks awesome, better that the official Red Flag Campaign I'm now playing withthe F-15C.

Eager to learn the F/A-18 and fly it
cercata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:30 PM   #47
Tundra

Quote:
Almost!

Sally Control will direct you to push to the tanker. Once you switch your left radio to 295.4, the F10 option is added.

When you are within 300 ft of the tanker, a message will pop up, reminding you that once you're refuel is complete to contact Darkstar via radio menu / F10.

Once you call complete with the radio menu / F10 you should switch to Channel 16 / 287.8 on your left radio. If you don't, a pop up should come and remind you to do so.
Interesting, I will check it later.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:33 AM   #48
Sedlo

Updated to version 1.56... Tweaked some triggers, updated labels. Labels will be dot only, and will all be monochrome. This will help with spotting aircraft, but won't automatically let you know if they're friendly or foe.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.56: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3300770/

Tags
f/a-18, hornet, mission, nttr, realism