MP Servers F-14 REDFOR - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-16-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
DERacing

Default MP Servers F-14 REDFOR

Jumping around on a couple of servers to try out some new scenarios and it seems as though most of the MP's have the Tomcat set in the RED force as Iranian.

What is the point in that? I know Iran has a few cats, but why are the majority of servers forcing that to RED?

Only reason I can think of for this is the number of Tomcat owners who want to join a server. To try and keep the numbers even across the boards.

Come on guys! Most of us wanna fly our USA Tomcats!
DERacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:55 AM   #2
Pikey
Veteran

it's still a US Tomcat. It's just painted differently. Like the coalition colours, they could be yellow and orange. The point is to give the Tomcat's something to shoot at. Until there's any convincing Red For full fidelity popular airframes its going to end up like this on pvp servers in order to keep them balanced an popular. Not sure how that's hard to understand.

Hate to tell you, you know the F-16 will have the same treatment?
Old 06-17-2019, 02:52 AM   #3
DERacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
it's still a US Tomcat. It's just painted differently. Like the coalition colours, they could be yellow and orange. The point is to give the Tomcat's something to shoot at. Until there's any convincing Red For full fidelity popular airframes its going to end up like this on pvp servers in order to keep them balanced an popular. Not sure how that's hard to understand.

Hate to tell you, you know the F-16 will have the same treatment?

Not hard to understand... I just dont want to target the Hornets, Eagles, etc.

Just doesnt seem right.
DERacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 AM   #4
backspace340

90% of players are in the Hornet or Tomcat, if you put them both on the same side, no one wants to play as the other side. So competitive PVP MP servers split them up. If you want them on the same side in competitive PVP, you might need to start your own server - but good luck attracting anyone to play against you.
backspace340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:34 AM   #5
Longiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspace340 View Post
90% of players are in the Hornet or Tomcat, if you put them both on the same side, no one wants to play as the other side. So competitive PVP MP servers split them up. If you want them on the same side in competitive PVP, you might need to start your own server - but good luck attracting anyone to play against you.
This is the exact reason why I don't join PVP.
Although, I haven't been missing much, just eagles and hornets hugging hills making popup attacks, tomcats throwing aim54's out like the tax payers dirty laundry, and everyone else blind charge into enemy lines out of boredom or frustration.

PVE offers far more immersion, options for co-op (and I say 'options' because this is often not the case) ect.
PVP is just not feasible, and I do mean public vs public, not a gang of stick tuggers steam rolling.
Longiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:27 PM   #6
amazingme+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DERacing View Post
Not hard to understand... I just dont want to target the Hornets, Eagles, etc.

Just doesnt seem right.
Then you should vote with the ones that won't be selling military equipment to future enemies.
Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:
Spoiler:
2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5
amazingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:07 PM   #7
todd022

I get the "balance" issue, but its an immersion-breaker for me in the 'cat surrounded by eastern "friends" and Russian radio calls. It's annoyed me to no end. There ARE aggressor training squadrons that fly the F-18. Could just as easily argue that the hornet goes to red with the stretches in logic that are made to call the F-14B "Iranian".
Old 06-19-2019, 04:58 PM   #8
MobiSev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longiron View Post
PVE offers far more immersion, options for co-op (and I say 'options' because this is often not the case) ect.
PVP is just not feasible, and I do mean public vs public, not a gang of stick tuggers steam rolling.
I do not agree with this at all. There's only so much you can do with ai scripts. If you fight against real players, it offers much more of a realistic experience.

Out of curiosity, what servers do you fly on when you venture into PvP? Because there are a couple servers that offer extremely well made dynamic PvP campaigns.

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B
MobiSev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #9
DeltaMike

Partially I think it's that there are more people wanting to fly NATO aircraft. Part of it seems to be the perception that the AAMRAM is such a deadly missile and the game needs balance.

It is, if you're not paying attention. Seems to have driven redfor fighters into the mountains. Not the only way to counter the F15 but probably the easiest way.

I don't know that the AIM54 has balanced things though, it's hard to cope with even if you are paying attention. Now the Eagles are being driven into the mountains. Or to Discord, to find a wingman.

Speaking of which, a lot of this I think is an artifact of how people play. Many just jump in a jet and go hunting. There are other ways to play the game.

I'd be interested to see a Redfor Carrier Challenge server, have red force defend a ground target against a strike package of F14's and F18's. Let each team bring their best missiles. If Redfor has an effective SAM commander, good GCI, and pilots well trained in section tactics, I think we would have a really interesting fight. Especially if Bluefor comes charging in like it's a team deathmatch.

That said, Powell doctrine says, never pick a fair fight. Nothing wrong with PVE if you're interested in leveraging overwhelming force, which is a legit and realistic military strategy. AI is goofy sometimes but it does a fair rendition of a poorly-trained pilot most of the time.