Volume of sound in 2.5.5.33552 is weaker

f-18hornet

• ED Team

In latest version of Open Beta 2.5.5.33552 volume of all sounds are almost 5 times weaker or so than in release version. It is problem on my side or does anyone else got the same problem? For example music I must set from 20 % to almost 100 % to get same result.

Screen_190718_104225.thumb.jpg.11afdef5a941e3f34c9804ec480f7746.jpg

Edited by f-18hornet

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

We changed the sensitivity of the sliders to use the range more effectively.

The actual values of 0% and 100% did not change.

So we have to increase the values?

I always had it at 50% for all - except for 'World' at 5% - and was perfect, also VaicomPro suggests keeping them at that level... what do you mean with 'use the range more effectively'?

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Works fine for me after making a few adjustments to my World and Volume sliders.

So no real complaints here.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I've noticed that the sound seems "choppy" if two sounds are trying to play at the same time, such as while taxiing you've got your engine sounds and the rolling on the tarmac sound. It seems that both sounds playing fluctuate in volume now where before it didn't.

It makes me feel like my ears are blocked like when pressure changes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

So we have to increase the values?

I always had it at 50% for all - except for 'World' at 5% - and was perfect, also VaicomPro suggests keeping them at that level... what do you mean with 'use the range more effectively'?

Because before it had very little range. 100% and 50% sounded equally loud. That's why you had to turn it all the way down to 5% to get a significant change. You didn't think that strange?

Anyway, they altered it to be more reasonable. The max and min values are the same, but the progression is more logical. Just adjust your sliders and move on

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Besides adjust the sliders, I did have to adjust my system sound levels and I think I've got it back to sounding pretty good. I ended up with 50% on Main volume and music and 100% on all others. Then my Windows volume at 50% with system sounds at 25%.

Sounds pretty good and Voice Attack still seems to work fine. The choppiness I mentioned happened with main volume at 100% as well and my overall system volume at 25%. /Shrug