What Block for the JF-17

Robin885

I've been looking for that information since a few weeks, is there anywhere an official anounce from Deka for which Block we will get for the Thunder? I would personnaly really like to get the Block II at least, for the A/A refueling capabilities.

• 5 months later...
This is for the block 1 or 2?

jf-17_myanmar.jpg

From what I read the block 1 doesn't have datalink? :(

I don't believe block 1 has datalink, but not certain. Most of that payload is correct for EA, but there are some items that aren't confirmed for release or at all.

Edit- I belive all the weapons except the ALCM/JSOW will be in. We will have the C802-AKG for long range engagements to air to ground targets. But it has not been confirmed if we are getting an ALCM. Most of the weapons we will get, but maybe not in the exact stores configuration (not all have dual racks yet) on release.

I've been looking for that information since a few weeks, is there anywhere an official anounce from Deka for which Block we will get for the Thunder? I would personnaly really like to get the Block II at least, for the A/A refueling capabilities.

I believe the current version is block I, but they have said they would look into doing block II if it made sense down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

block 2 does not originally have aar capability, but some had probes added to them in service.

so no, not necessarily fake, it is more authentic for block 2 to not have aar capability.

Edited by probad

• 2 months later...

Why not between block 1 and 2?

Deka has access to the real life simulator. It is possible that it is based on upgraded block 1 that has not been fully upgraded to block 2 standards. Or it might be a block 2 that did not get all the updates...

While it might bring some confusion, we have to bear in mind that this is a very modular aircraft.

A cheap "aliexpress" F-16. There are likely more than a few customizations aswell as "frankenstein" variants that has been updated over the years.

It would be nice to know what exact block it is, but at the same time I expect it too be somewhere in-between. Deka have worked on this for years and have access to documents and simulator, so I think they are doing their best to get it as accurate as they can.

I think most differences, including payload increase, is done with software. No block II until 229 had IFR. Block II also has OBOGS but not sure if all unit numbers. The other biggest difference is probably the weapon certification

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

There is an interview of Jabbers with the developer from Deka and he said:

"Currently it's something between Block 1 and 2, but we may ultimately upgrade it to Block 2"

BTW:

Block 1 is from 2008-2010.

Block 2 production started in 2016. So technically it is more modern (or maybe more recent) than F-35.

Edited by bies

Yes exactly! Thanks!

But another question troubles my mind now :) what does it mean to do something between block 1 and block 2 :) you either do block 1 or 2, not something fictional in between those.

In all fairness, wouldn't be the first time a DCS module didn't exactly reflect something you'd find IRL. Our F-5E is a variant that basically nobody used, with a too-old radio stack and too-new RWR.

... But another question troubles my mind now :) what does it mean to do something between block 1 and block 2 :) you either do block 1 or 2, not something fictional in between those.

JF-17 Block 2 in these forums is generally taken to mean adding AAR capability.

8ef50f037afde9810e520134ce888af8.png

However real life is more complicated, here is a 2016 PAF JF-17 Block 2 (No 19) without AAR flying at Dubai, 2017.

WC0EKky.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080