add naval units?

Ripcord

...But I wonder to what extend it is possible to "customize" a weapon system.

Its possible! :)

I made a script for a Sovremenny class destroyer in FC2 - the problem is that it is equipped with a SAM system("Shtil"/SA-N-7 "Gadfly") that isn't in the game. The missile it employs is though - namely the 9M38M1(for "Buk").

So I looked in the "missile.lua" file and decided to try composing the Shtil system based on the system closest in nature to this, which seemed to be the OSA-M....partly because this also employs a rail launcher and partly because on the Krivak class frigate the two Osa launchers are positioned in a way(one aft and one front along centerline) that resembles the two Shtil launchers on the Sovremenny class.

So I copied the OSA section, renamed all instances of "OSA-M" to "Shtil" and then started modifying everything - first swapping out the two offset 9M33 missiles to a single centered 9M38M1 and then continued to change all the other values to Shtil specs.

Then I assigned two instances of this new weapon system to the Sovremenny ship script, added the entry to the shiptable and assigned the new ship to Russia - since I don't have a 3D model of a sovremenny, I just copied the "rezky" model and renamed it.

Now I don't really know what the hell I am doing in those lua scripts and what half of the stuff in them means, so starting the game I fully expected it to crash every second, but it didn't. So I made a mission with the new ship to see if that would cause a crash, but no....not only did the ship show up with the new missiles(pointing in the right direction even), but they actually worked(!).

In the mission I had an F/A-18C overfly the "Besstrashny"(name of the ship) - at the point of detection the front 9M38M1 was elevated(although displaced from the launcher arm) to follow the path of the target, then launched....dead Hornet :) .

JJ

Totally possible! Again, careful editing dedicated game files or adding anything that doesn't live in the "Mods" folder. I do hope ED will eventually (and carefully or not at all) add support for replacing these types of things via the Mods folder instead.

Woops! That explains it. :) DCS:World is free... can't hurt to download it!

Yeah I know its free, but my seven year old PC can barely handle FC2 and has quite a small harddisk too so until I get a new rig, five gigs of DCS world files would just be "dead weight" :)

JJ

This is wery interesting. There is something that i didn't understand.

In your NATO navy.zip : How do you assign the Sachsen to Germany ? I mean where is it writen in the lua file ?

So far as it is described here, this mod adds the new ship as available to all countries, just like the armed speedboat. In order to limit the ship to specific countries, it would require us to edit other existing files.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...
So far as it is described here, this mod adds the new ship as available to all countries, just like the armed speedboat. In order to limit the ship to specific countries, it would require us to edit other existing files.

I'm sure there is a way to do it inside mod folder. Like try to override it with .lua file e.g.countries.lua so on..

Hello everyone.

I need your support:

I made ​​a model of the USS Cole and I would like to be able to land helicopters.

The problem is that I do not know how to do collision for ships.

Someone kindly help me?

Thanks.

Mario (Markindel)

For basic collisions while I test the model ingame I use.

TYPE="renderable|collision_shell"; 

in the Object Properties.

in the main model.

or make a low poly model and use

TYPE="collision_shell";

in the low poly

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Thank you for your feedback.

The problem is that if I try to put my model of shell collision in the file USS_Cole.lod, the DCS World does not consider. It seems that it is not even seen.

model = {

lods = {

{"USS_Cole.edm", 1000000.000000};

};

collision_shell = "USS_Cole_Collision.edm";

}

The line that appears to be important for the DCS World is

GT.attribute = {wsType_Navy, wsType_Ship, wsType_ArmedShip, PERRY,

In this case the DCS Worl uses collision-shell PERRY.

How can I force the DCS World to use the files that I put in the file .lods collision?

However, I managed to land on the USS Cole. In the new version you can also start the mission with the helicopter on the flight deck.

In order to achieve this I aligned the model of the USS Cole in the collision model of Perry and then I fixed the values ​​of the row

GT.Landing_Point = {-62.0, 4.83, 0.0}

But I want to be able to use my collision model and not that of Perry.

Thank's.

Mario.

I download and testing now.....

1. Nice ship ;-)

2. Check your max file where is your ship to x =0 , y =0 and z =0

3. I copy your edm and rename to USS_Cole_Collision i upload screen....problem is only with define your landing_point

Result: I change landing_point

GT.Landing_Point = {-58.0, 4.7, 0.0}

In lods file i change this: collision_shell = "USS_Cole_Collision.edm";

And i copy in shape folder your edm and rename for colision model: USS_Cole_Collision.edm

Screen_141105_145636.thumb.jpg.26cf67ecf148c92804e77ef7c8b720cc.jpg

Quick Question

Does anyone know where the coordinates for the catapults are for the aircraft carriers?

The unit lua only has the coordinates for the arrestor cables.

Thanks in advance

For the Carl Vinson, I believe that it is an A.I. function that Accelerates the planes and not the carrier at all.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

Quick Question

Does anyone know where the coordinates for the catapults are for the aircraft carriers?

The unit lua only has the coordinates for the arrestor cables.

Thanks in advance

ED will have to make the cats first... At the moment it's scripting for the A.I.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45