combatace

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work! keep on, we want to see it in LC :D

maybe you have seen this, but if not:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1079575&postcount=14

these are the coordinates of the pylons...

well, I will keep loking this thread for news

regards

Ar

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

Hi,

nice work- Keep on it! :thumbup:

About the Lights: I allways used a scale-animation. Just for examble: Strobe lights argument 49: Frame "0"= the light is scaled very very very small. Frame 0.1= lights scale is normal and on the light position. Same for argument 51 wich means the gear lights. Hope this helps you a little more

best wishes,

TOM

• Like 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Hi,

nice work- Keep on it! :thumbup:

About the Lights: I allways used a scale-animation. Just for examble: Strobe lights argument 49: Frame "0"= the light is scaled very very very small. Frame 0.1= lights scale is normal and on the light position. Same for argument 51 wich means the gear lights. Hope this helps you a little more

best wishes,

TOM

Thanks Tom. But how can that make them strobe like in Su-25 and Su-25T I mean without using export.lua. Also would like to have strobe light like they are there in helis in FC2 like real ones. How can I get that??

As far as I know, there aren't any working arguments specifically used for blinking and rotating lights. However there is a workaround using argument 40. Argument 40 is an argument that replays itself in game. So you could make a rotating and blinking lights pattern using this arguments. The drawbacks using this method is that the stuff you animate in argument 40 will not show on your own aircraft. It will only be shown on other clients aircraft in multiplayer (maybe also on AI, but Im not sure about that). For reference, you can take a look at the Mirage F-1 in the ada mod using the lockon model viewer.

Argument 40 also seems to not work from frame 0-100 but something like 27-100 (not quite sure about the exact number, check that on the mirage model).

Hi,

All Arguments works from 0 to 30 wich means: 30 frames are 1 second - That argument 40 still too. Yes right- Its specially for Radar turns by AWACS but you can use it for all. The best way is to animate the light by arg40 as blinking light . Them create a helper and animate it with arg 49 - Light on /off and attach the light with that helper.

See you

Tom

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Hello and i can say very nice model but one more stuff i have to say also, do not stop because of you don't know how to animate strobe lights. I am probably pushing too much but ED model of Su-33 is... not pretty one so when you make your model of Su-33 none will notice the lights are not animated. Also you can finish strobe lights later and and released like another version (like 3go model of Su-27 ver 1.5, with and without pylons).

Keep it with good work.

Best regards

Presing

• Like 1

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

Hello and i can say very nice model but one more stuff i have to say also, do not stop because of you don't know how to animate strobe lights. I am probably pushing too much but ED model of Su-33 is... not pretty one so when you make your model of Su-33 none will notice the lights are not animated. Also you can finish strobe lights later and and released like another version (like 3go model of Su-27 ver 1.5, with and without pylons).

Keep it with good work.

Best regards

Presing

Thanks mate. But its not the light that I'm worried about. I'm struggling with main gear doors, gun groove and flaps animations.

It looks great!!!

but take care with the arguments for move the canards, it seem that they are not working properly on screenshot_38, I realy doubt that you are flying with AOA -30º...

This may be can help you to understand how they realy work:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=589075&postcount=2

good luck

and keep that way!!

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

It looks great!!!

but take care with the arguments for move the canards, it seem that they are not working properly on screenshot_38, I realy doubt that you are flying with AOA -30º...

This may be can help you to understand how they realy work:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=589075&postcount=2

good luck

and keep that way!!

Got your point. Take a look at 3:03 it doesn't seem to be in the flow but a little up.

my favourite project for a while

but please tell me the burners will align to the nozzles, no offense to tomcatz because he does great work but it's something that really kills it for me that all his models have misaligned burners, I'd probably be using his su33 and su30 still if it wasn't for that and it's starting to get to me with the mig29k

my favourite project for a while

but please tell me the burners will align to the nozzles, no offense to tomcatz because he does great work but it's something that really kills it for me that all his models have misaligned burners, I'd probably be using his su33 and su30 still if it wasn't for that and it's starting to get to me with the mig29k

Yes burners are aligned and if they are a bit off its so minor that you might not notice the gap. I'm free for a while so planing for Su-30 and 34 but nothing is sure.

@aap-flanker: The arguments are not modeled correctly in the game. This is how canards work, During take off they work against the flow to provide extra lift but at high speeds they work in-line with flow to reduce drag.

Some more SS's:

ScreenShot_040.thumb.jpg.27459146c301ebdd6b46428345eaeaab.jpg

ScreenShot_044.thumb.jpg.e851f7fcffa1dce16301660d5462a26f.jpg

ScreenShot_047.thumb.jpg.d28c4da5c42a80a35a434937cf274ae1.jpg

Edited by combatace
  • Like 2

Looking very good there combatace, great to see you've got the folding wings and weapons staying on the pylons correctly :thumbup:

Yes but there is a problem in their movement. When the wing is completely folded the missiles don't hang to the pylons but go into them. But yes I took Tomcatz's advice. Thank you Tomcatz!

@Revalence: Thats just 40% of work done as damage model and textures are still to go and let me tell you I don't know anything about texturing, there too I'm a novice.

Edited by combatace

Gorgeous model :thumbup:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist