Help with monitor settings.

Rep inbound ruprecht...

Seems force alternate frame rendering (SLI) changed to "Nvidia recomended" was my whole problem. I've now got it exactly how I want it.

1680x1050 on left and 1920x1080 cockpit thats 5280x1080 :) with no noticeable slowdown!

My abris 840x1050 and my shkval 800X600 Centered perfectly!

Now I can learn to fly this thing. I've only had it a week and learned a little but wanted to get this working before I really got into it.

Thanks for your wiki!

Ruprecht, Unfortunatley I am still in the same boat, thought you had pointed out my obvious issue, but i still have the same problem with the main screen just extended onto the 2nd Monitor.

Thanks ruprecht,, Finally got there, thanks again for your help and posting the Excel..Magic, Worh ya Weight in gold..:thumbup:

Reaper, can you please post with what was tripping you up in the end? Was it a silly error in the config, or what? It might help the OP.

Ok using Ruprecht instructions I've got it working at 1024 res on my native 1680x1050 2nd display.

Seems force alternate frame rendering (SLI) changed to "Nvidia recomended" was my whole problem. I've now got it exactly how I want it.

Same ace, was the "force alternat frame rendering" thing the only issue, or was there something else that you changed to get it to work? Again, it might help the OP.

Cheers

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Sure m8, Its was the resolution in the avi of the Options LUA, I had not adjusted this

Are you sure that the problem was that you had not adjusted it? I have never adjusted the avi resolution, and it has worked in four different configurations for me - I always leave it well alone. Are you sure you didn't accidentally change it, then change it back to default and it suddenly worked?

Or maybe I've just been incredibly lucky or something.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Ok m8,, I,ll post copies of both and if they are not right, its ok because it works a treat for me as is..:thumbup:

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "2monitortest",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 1,

["scenes"] = "medium",

["water"] = 2,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["visibRange"] = "Medium",

["aspect"] = 3.55048, (This is the aspect that i had not changed originaly, after the change all good)

["textures"] = 2,

["shadows"] = 1,

["display_mode"] =

{

["avi"] =

{

["bpp"] = 32,

["resolution"] = "640x480",

["full_screen"] = false,

["aspect"] = 1.333333333,

["height"] = 480,

["width"] = 640,

}, -- end of ["avi"]

}, -- end of ["display_mode"]

["effects"] = 3,

["lights"] = 2,

["haze"] = 1,

["terrPrld"] = "20",

["height"] = 1050,

["resolution"] = "1680x1050",

["civTraffic"] = 1,

["width"] = 3728,

}, -- end of ["graphics"]

} -- end of options

Center =

{

x = 1024;

y = 0;

width = 1680;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.60000;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 2704;

y = 0;

width = 512;

height = 768;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 3216;

y = 0;

width = 512;

height = 768;

}

Maybe you can have a look and see what you think...:smilewink:

I just put exactly those numbers in... It FINALLY changes something of all the changes I have tried.. What resolution setting in the game should I be using? If it is the total horizon x 1050, then That option is not there.

From this,

dualmonitor.bmp

To this

dualmonitor2.bmp

Im just using 1680x1050, and dont forget this setup allows for the 2nd monitor to be on the right, so make sure in the Windows display properties you have your second monitor on the right, ie your mouse moves from far left of the main to far right of your 2nd monitor. Let us know how its going.

What resolution setting in the game should I be using? If it is the total horizon x 1050, then That option is not there.

If you set the resolution and aspect directly in the config files, don't change anything ingame as this will undo whatever you did in the config files.

It looks to me like you've previously changed the "avi" block erroneously and pasting reaper's config has somewhat fixed that. If I were you I'd revert to the original files (you did back them up right?) and start fresh with what you know.

You're almost there. I know for a fact that it is possible to run a main screen 1680x1050 and an ABRIS/Shkval 1024x768 - because I've done it myself. You just need to get the settings right.

Just to re-remphasise: do not change anything between ["avi"] = and "}, -- end of ["avi"] - leave that completely alone.

Edited by ruprecht

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Maybe this helps,,,as my options appear ingame::thumbup:

Again, to re-emphasise - if you are setting up multimonitor and have edited the config files directly, do not change the monitor, resolution or aspect values in the ingame options screen.

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Didnt want to butt in ruprecht, I certainly didnt mean for him to change config in game,,my bad i didnt explain this, :music_whistling: Still think he,s trying it on the wrong side with his monitor on the left. I guess physically it can be, just not in Windows properties. Just lovin the 2nd monitor, trying to get the rest of the JG11 guys converted now...

Dual Monitor Help

Hello people. Im stuck!! I've searched high and low ont he forums and unable to find a solution so sorry to bring up a new thread on an exhausted topic....but im out of ideas :p

I have my laptop monitor (main 1280x800) and my dell desktop monitor (1280x1024) and configured all the files but I keep getting this mess:

http://www.matt-clegg.co.uk/dcs_bs.jpg

(The airplane pic is the desktop on the dell monitor)

The monitors are set up in Vista as Dual View so I can move my mouse across one screen to the next. The dell monitor is set to the right in the windows settings.

The edited files are below:

options = 
{
   ["views"] = 
   {
       ["cockpit"] = 
       {
           ["mirrors"] = false,
           ["reflections"] = false,
           ["avionics"] = 0,
           ["russianHud"] = false,
       }, -- end of ["cockpit"]
   }, -- end of ["views"]
   ["difficulty"] = 
   {
       ["padlock"] = false,
       ["easyRadar"] = false,
       ["enemies"] = true,
       ["setGlobal"] = false,
       ["immortal"] = false,
       ["geffect"] = "realistic",
       ["easyFlight"] = false,
       ["permitCrash"] = false,
       ["radio"] = false,
       ["tips"] = true,
       ["fuel"] = false,
       ["aftSwitching"] = false,
       ["cockpitLanguage"] = "english",
       ["units"] = "imperial",
       ["externalViews"] = true,
       ["hud"] = false,
       ["myPlane"] = true,
       ["iconsTheme"] = "nato",
       ["map"] = true,
       ["weapons"] = false,
       ["allies"] = true,
       ["labels"] = true,
   }, -- end of ["difficulty"]
   ["audio"] = 
   {
       ["wind"] = 100,
       ["radio"] = 100,
       ["musicEn"] = false,
       ["engines"] = 100,
       ["soundEn"] = true,
       ["effects"] = 100,
       ["music"] = 50,
       ["radioSpeech"] = true,
       ["warnings"] = 100,
       ["volume"] = 100,
       ["inCockpit"] = 100,
       ["mech"] = 100,
       ["subtitles"] = true,
       ["gui"] = 50,
   }, -- end of ["audio"]
   ["graphics"] = 
   {
       ["multiMonitorSetup"] = "pit_camera+abris+shkval",
       ["color"] = "32",
       ["heatBlr"] = 0,
       ["scenes"] = "low",
       ["water"] = 2,
       ["fullScreen"] = false,
       ["visibRange"] = "Low",
       ["aspect"] = 4.48,
       ["textures"] = 0,
       ["shadows"] = 1,
       ["display_mode"] = 
       {
           ["avi"] = 
           {
               ["bpp"] = 32,
               ["resolution"] = "640x480",
               ["full_screen"] = false,
               ["aspect"] = 1.333333333,
               ["height"] = 480,
               ["width"] = 640,
           }, -- end of ["avi"]
       }, -- end of ["display_mode"]
       ["effects"] = 3,
       ["lights"] = 2,
       ["haze"] = 1,
       ["terrPrld"] = "20",
       ["height"] = 800,
       ["resolution"] = "1280x800",
       ["civTraffic"] = 0,
       ["width"] = 3584,
   }, -- end of ["graphics"]
} -- end of options

Description = 'ABRIS and Shkval on the right and camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
   Center =
   {
        x = 1024; 
        y = 0;
        width = 1280; 
        height = 800; 
        viewDx = 0;
        viewDy = 0;
        aspect = 1.6;
   }
}
Shkval =
{
   x = 2816; 
   y = 0;
   width = 640;
   height = 400; 
}
ABRIS =
{
   x = 2304; 
   y = 0;
   width = 640; 
   height = 800; 
}

Start off with both screens at the same res for simplicity. Use say 1024x768 for both.

muttclugg.gif.69ec433cdc9a2d66c370a0a9a2ee33e7.gif

Once that's working, you can start getting fancy. Note however that using different vertical res will give you problems with multiplayer menus.

Between that pic and this url http://vaaf.net/wiki2/index.php5?title=Black_Shark_MultiMonitors that is everything you need to get it working. If it's not working, it is almost certain that you've done something wrong so go back, start again and re-read and understand.

As I say to everyone, you can't simply paste someone else's config in, you need to understand what the numbers mean. Take the time to understand, it's not hard.

Edited by ruprecht

Streaming DCS sometimes: