Black Shark Users: What controller do you use, and please give details...

Black Shark Users: What controller do you use, and please give details...  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Black Shark Users: What controller do you use, and please give details...

• Saitek X-52 or X-52Pro HOTAS
    • CH-Products HOTAS
    • COUGAR HOTAS
    • Other HOTAS set-up
    • Moderate Joystick (such as Logitech Extreme3DPro, et al)
    • X-Box 360 controller for Windows (or a similiar gamepad)
    • Basic Joystick (maybe 4 to 8 buttons, 2- or 3-axes)
    • Keyboard/Mouse only or OTHER

While my Saitek equipment is very nice, one thing happens in Black Shark which is very noticable and stands out with a helo sim. The Throttle is used as the collective and it has a thumb screw/knob on the side to let the user adjust the tension on the throttle. Well, it creeps forward little by little while in use in Black Shark. Well actually does it in any any, in any flight sim. But, since it's critical in a helo sim to have a precise collective, unwanted movement is bad. I tighten a little to stop it, but I am afraid of tightening it too much as I am gentile with my Saitek stick and do not want to over-tighten it.

Other than that it all works fine. The turn knobs a real plus and could could go without them. :joystick:

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

The Cougar throttle works great since I removed the After Burner Detents. It is precise, but I may convert to hall sensors since there can be a "jump" in position if I haven't used it in a couple of days. I should probably clean the pot :) Anyway, I also have a Saitek Command Unit, and a DIY FreeTrack setup. Manual view switching is for suckers :)

Ours is not to reason why, but rather to do and die.

A man walks into a zoo. The only animal in the entire zoo is a dog. It's a shitzu

I use

Microsoft FFB2 (for X/Y Precision and X/Y FFB)

Saitek X36 (for many Button, Axis and scripting)

Saitek Rudder Pedal ... for ermm well... ;)

FFB2 and Saitek Stick are mechanical and electronical merged.

The handle on the MS FFB2 base is from X36 for example

I never switched to X45 or X52 because I don't like both

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

I bought an X52 Pro and it lasted all of 5 months before the X & Y Axis became very inaccurate and loose, just off centre. This made it almost impossible to line up my vikhrs in the Shark. I bought the pro version specifically believing it would be more durable and last longer than the plain X52, but I was sorely dissappointed. I was even more dissappointed by the poor customer support I received from Saitek.

I cut my losses and invested in CH Products Fighter Stick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals and I can't say I've ever been happier with a HOTAS. I wish I had done this to start with. As they say, hindsight is 20 20.

I hope other folks have better luck with their Saitek gear, but I personally cannot recommend them, based on my experiance.

CH Products are of amazing quality and I'll never go back...

Best Regards,

Mack.