JDAM - Pre-planned Mode

Madbrood

Does anyone know if our Legacy Bug can utilise JDAMs in the Pre-planned mode the way the Rhino can? That is, assign up to six PP missions (with target co-ords and launch points)?

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Yep! /thread!

I think JDAM usage in the Bug will be interesting, and will potentially catch out Hog drives - as I understand it, if you deselect them then you'll need to allow two and a half minutes spin-up time when you reselect them again. Will make proper attack planning very important.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Yep! /thread!

I think JDAM usage in the Bug will be interesting, and will potentially catch out Hog drives - as I understand it, if you deselect them then you'll need to allow two and a half minutes spin-up time when you reselect them again. Will make proper attack planning very important.

If you deselect power from them, that's probably the case. I don't think that will happen unless you specifically flip a switch to turn everything off though. In that case, anything with a 1760/1553 bus connection will need to power up again, including your missiles (though they power up quick.)

I'm personally looking forward to some real smart weapons capabilities, if they allow you to transfer coordinates into different bombs. Could allow you to even self target using the ATFLIR or A2G radar and put all those coordinates into separate bombs from a distance, then overflying and rippling everything off in one pass if it is a high risk area rather than performing multiple passes. Used to try doing this with DCS A-10C but it would require you to make mark points then stepping across them really quick and designating each target after each drop to get multiple bombs off in a single pass.

If you deselect power from them, that's probably the case. I don't think that will happen unless you specifically flip a switch to turn everything off though. In that case, anything with a 1760/1553 bus connection will need to power up again, including your missiles (though they power up quick.)

I'm personally looking forward to some real smart weapons capabilities, if they allow you to transfer coordinates into different bombs. Could allow you to even self target using the ATFLIR or A2G radar and put all those coordinates into separate bombs from a distance, then overflying and rippling everything off in one pass if it is a high risk area rather than performing multiple passes. Used to try doing this with DCS A-10C but it would require you to make mark points then stepping across them really quick and designating each target after each drop to get multiple bombs off in a single pass.

I'm pretty sure deselecting them will cause them to spin down, but I may have misread - I'll gladly be corrected by someone who knows a lot more than me!

I'm not sure you can pass different coords to individual bombs and ripple them all off at once, does anyone know for sure?