Gunsight Depression turn to left or right ???

shahin_sky

Hi and sorry for my english :(

when you want to do Air -To - Ground Rockets or bomb u have to tune gunsight depression knob to 10 - 14 for Rockets and 79 - 80 for bomb ( DCS Guide F-5 Tiger By Chuck ) but .... which direction left or right ???

if u turn to right u can find 14 and if u turn to the left again :cry: u can find 14 ( for Example )

but the gunsight go up or down and confusing me in aim the target some times I hit after the target and if I turn the knob to other sight I hit before the target ...

plz help me to do the right thing and right turn :cry:

thanks

Hi Shahin, you want to turn the knob so the pipper moves down. I believe that is turning it to the right, but I use a key command so I can't be 100% sure as I am away from my computer. However, left or right doesn't really matter so long as the reticle is moving down. This is true for both rockets and bombs.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Hi tom and thanks for your answer but plz check with your PC u can turn right or left with mouse and change your aiming point ..... before the target or after the target because you aim upper or down the target so we need to know turn right or left

and again sorry for my english i dont know why we have 2 direction for this knob and when we use turn right and when we use tern left ???

Hi Shahin my computer is about 1200 miles away so that isn't going to happen, but the good news is that that doesn't matter. You will never turn the depression knob in the direction that makes the pipper move above 00. You will only turn it in the direction that makes the pipper move down. Just look through the gunsight and twist the knob. If the pipper moves up, twist it the other way until you reach your desired depression (depression, by its very definition, suggestions downward movement).

At the simplest level, this is because gravity pulls every projectile you can launch (rocket/cannon slug/bomb) downward from the aircraft bore line as soon as it is free of the airplane. By moving the pipper down, you will have to hold the aircraft bore line above the target to account for gravity. In no case will you use a sight setting above 00. A sight set above zero would be elevated, not depressed.

And don't worry about your English, it is just fine!

Multiplayer as Variable

One direction is negative depression. Negative is an angle up and the number in this direction is very limited. Positive depression is angle down and can be over 100.

You can see when in proper mode reticle moving up and down in the sight. Negative direction is higher. You can only know by watching the reticle move up or down and seeing that negative depression angle is very limited. For small angle it may be hard to tell.

I think real device has 3 drum counters. 1's and 10's drum has blank-0-1-2-3-4...9 and 100's drum probably has minus sign, blank, and 1 so it can show negative numbers, positive numbers less than 100, and positive numbers >100.

I think real device has 3 drum counters. 1's and 10's drum has blank-0-1-2-3-4...9 and 100's drum probably has minus sign, blank, and 1 so it can show negative numbers, positive numbers less than 100, and positive numbers >100.

Neither here nor there for the OP's question but 1F-5E-34-1-1 shows the 100's drum having a zero (pg 1-43). Although there is only one clear picture (showing 062) so there is no way to know what happens on the other side of 000. A negative/blank/1 would have made more sense though.

Multiplayer as Variable

• 3 weeks later...

It shows a positive value either above or below zero. The difference is the up limit is 20 or so, while down it can go to 140+.

It should be obvious you've gone the wrong way. Reset to zero if confused, and start it moving down before setting the value if in doubt.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."