Call to F5 owners ...question about campaign

Frag

Hi guys,

those campaigns are up for sale those days. I have the Nevada map so I am good.

Are they worth it? Fun? Worth a buy? What were your experience with those?

F-5E Aggressors Air Combat Maneuver Campaign

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/campaigns/f-5e_aggressors_acm_campaign/

DCS%20F-5E%2BACM%20Camp_700x1000.jpg

F-5E Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers Campaign

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/campaigns/f-5e_abfm_campaign/

One thing to note, the AI are really hard to beat (at least for the BFM campaign), and it’s not a training campaign- it’s a skill testing campaign. In other words, get good at dogfighting first, do go in expecting to win dogfights right from the start.

I end up in a draw (or forcing the enemy below the hard deck) more than a straight win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the ACM campaign and I'm not a fan - it's authentic enough but essentially you navigate to the same spot using TACAN radials then engage in the same fight with different aircraft over and over, it all seems very copy/paste to me.

On top of that, the performance is sh*t; 22fps at Nellis no matter what the settings which, in VR, makes your eyeballs melt.

Based on the other posts, it seems popular, maybe I just don't get it.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

I really enjoyed the campaigns, I had many hours of fun with them and was fairly impressed with the AI. The only slight drawback with the AI is if you draw them low to the hard deck they usually break it. But that isn't a campaign issue but rather an AI issue. I'd pull the trigger and go for it, you'll get your money's worth.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I flew it long time ago but it was really fun. You need to study and learn whole red flag process. The downside is that you repeat the same thing in every mission against different aircraft. Both BFM and ACM campaigns for F-5E are pretty much same scenario. Fly from Nellis, navigate the way, go fighting, and RTB. Very well prepared but repeating.. So I flew 5-6 times and then quit.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]