Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

HMS Hood ... wonderful ... anything else hiding in that suitcase of yours Mario ?

Thanks again to all.

Hi Eddie, I knew you'd guessed it right away.

I have also models of ships:

Glorious

King George

Queen elizabeth (battleship)

Renown

and other ships from the German and Italian battle.

But, before you think about what I do next, I have to solve the problems I have with the Bismarck.

as soon as I finish all the animations I have to make even the damage model, but I must be careful not to overburden the model, I fear a drop in FPS.

That is why I stole the 2 in game Submarines for my Carrier Mod, they are next to useless as submarines but they make two decent 'hosts' of the Lioning and the Bush based on Tomcatz original EDM files. If DCS ever get around to sorting the submarines out I might have to think that mod again.

I just knew you would have lots of other goodies hidden away Mario, you are "The DCS Shipwright". :thumbup:

Having the ability to use the torpedoes is the desire of all.

I believe that with DCS WWII the ED will have to think seriously about this.

Definitely!

I remember having LOADS of fun with the old IL-2 PF, just putting ships into the water to fight against each others. With DCS it kinda works, but there are things missing, like torpedoes.

I have also models of ships:

Glorious

King George

Queen elizabeth (battleship)

Renown

and other ships from the German and Italian battle.

Cool! (I was kind of hoping for Ark Royal though :) )

Dammit Sithspawn, whenever you post something the tin-hat wearing part of me tries to decipher whether the Community Manager part of you is dropping hints to future content.

And then I think: "Meh, he probably knows not much more than the rest of us".

But then I think "What if he does?"

Arrrhhh... It is like the known unknowns and the unknown unknowns.... :D

EDIT: Anyway @ topic: I hope so. Features, features, features!! We need moar feeeeeeatures!

• ED Team
Dammit Sithspawn, whenever you post something the tin-hat wearing part of me tries to decipher whether the Community Manager part of you is dropping hints to future content.

And then I think: "Meh, he probably knows not much more than the rest of us".

But then I think "What if he does?"

Arrrhhh... It is like the known unknowns and the unknown unknowns.... :D

EDIT: Anyway @ topic: I hope so. Features, features, features!! We need moar feeeeeeatures!

I know how dedicated and passionate about DCS world the LNS guys are, I have great hopes for what they want to do and where they are going. And yes, I know stuff ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Battleships Bismark.

Anyone remember TF1942 - the night battles were pretty good for their time... Spent many hours with that sim and computers of the day had a hard time keeping up with tracking all the projectiles... Definitely into WWII naval combat... Superb work on the model !

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys also remember, all of a sudden, how the DCS MIG-21BiS started out as a mod years and years ago?

Lets hope something similar will happen whit the Bismarck, and other ships mentioned in this thread.

ps, May i suggest looking towards World of Warships for inspiration?

Then again, you probably already do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

All my inspiration come from personal memory, some of it quite confused these days. Some of us were around in the days of big gun ships, I know somebody who served on one, me, HMS Sheffield - Cruiser - 1935-67 vintage (The ship, not me, I'm a 12 year old in a 70 year old hull)

Mario

Very unusual to see the big gun barrels seriously bent or damaged out of shape like that, even when hammered they tended to stay intact, often still within the turret. If the turret was not blown away completely they just ended up nose down on the deck.

The flag would not normally be flown at the Quarterdeck at Action Stations, it would only be flown there entering or leaving harbour, or alongside. At Action Stations or at sea it would be flown from the rear mast on a yard. I have inserted the flag on this image, that is the right size as well.

bistirp.thumb.jpg.dc9f10159178c8452760451b22e322c0.jpg

Looking really good.

Eddie

Edited by crazyeddie

Mario

Very unusual to see the big gun barrels seriously bent or damaged out of shape like that, even when hammered they tended to stay intact, often still within the turret. If the turret was not blown away completely they just ended up nose down on the deck.

The flag would not normally be flown at the Quarterdeck at Action Stations, it would only be flown there entering or leaving harbour, or alongside. At Action Stations or at sea it would be flown from the rear mast on a yard. I have inserted the flag on this image, that is the right size as well.

[ATTACH]135233[/ATTACH]

Looking really good.

Eddie

OK, thanks Eddie.

• 4 weeks later...

The Bismarck is completed. Soon I will make the public mod.

I am now completing the Hood.

Here are some pictures of the Damage model.

The damage model of both the battleship is divided into 11 different parts

Thanks to the hard work done by my friend Cadarth the roar of the cannon works on both ships.

yDgnat2l.jpg

mEA8JVbl.jpg

j2BAEqzl.jpg

PDfptiZl.jpg

uUjP68yl.jpg

vk9MowAl.jpg

3hKW5u7l.jpg

wAp0Ojjl.jpg

incredible work! thank you! looking forward to downloading and installing. (I can already think up at least a couple WWII missions). :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control