Capt Zeen F-15C Helios Profile ! ! !

Replied, thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you sobe for working this out with me on TS. In case anyone else runs into this problem, not being familiar with the use of .bat file was my 1st problem, the 2nd was the simple fact that somehow when I extracted the MFC_FC3 file, the only contents in the directory I extracted it to only contained the .bat file, the LIB file and readme text were not there,, hence the problem, of course I was not aware that these files were missing to begin with. Now I move onto implementing it,,, thanks again sobe!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Just read this thread and too late for me to chime in with some help but it seems you've got it sorted now. Here's something to have a play with... I was hoping to run the batch file from a toggle switch in the Helios profile so you kinda launch the profile, flick the switch, the batch runs, flick switch again and the batch exits. Sounds good in theory and dry runs do work as expected but Helios won't launch the batch once DCS takes focus. I have done some googling to no avail but maybe someone will know a way around this.

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

I have no idea about managing that yet, I have not yet proceeded with trying to use this with Helios yet, I suspect I am NOT thru the woods yet as I do not have a MFCD, just the touch screen, and from what I think I understand is that I can use the Helios buttons to switch the functions? I have no idea yet but hope over this weekend, I can figure it out,,,,

WOW! I managed to get MFCD_FC3 setup to use with this Helios profile,,, WHAT A FPS HIT! I'm running a 980TI Hybrid, and just jumping into instant action, I lost about 25- 30 FPS,,,,, I was running on average 55- 60 FPS, I got down to about 20 FPS at one point,,,,

• 2 weeks later...

Capt Zeen,

I'd would just like to say what a wonderful job you have done creating such amazing helios profiles, thank you very much. :thumbup:

thought I'd share a pic here of your F-15c profile I modified slightly,

complete with functioning VSD(radar), TEWS and MPCD(pacs) using LeavuEri_2.1

I will look at creating a new thread with a setup guide for DCS 1.5, helios and leavu using your F-15c profile

For those interested, click on the attached thumbnail.

Keep up the good work Capt Zeen, cheers G3.

726553990_F-15cleavu.jpg.4084cab694ead0372bc5c3e9e3990c5d.jpg

Edited by G3

G3

Yes. Yes. Yes please.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Yes in deed, please share,,, thank you!

Capt Zeen,

I'd would just like to say what a wonderful job you have done creating such amazing helios profiles, thank you very much. :thumbup:

I will look at creating a new thread with a setup guide for DCS 1.5, helios and leavu using your F-15c profile

Nice addition ! ! Good work !

Now the profile looks Complete ! !

Capt Zeen,

I'd would just like to say what a wonderful job you have done creating such amazing helios profiles, thank you very much.

Yes please do that

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I'm very familiar with Helios and have had this working in the A-10 for years.

The export file is in the scripts folder, and helios is configured to point to the DCS directory.,but i still cannot get any gauges to work.

What am I missing?

HALP!!

TYIA

yes the script is in the folder.

The only factor i can think of is my DCS install folder is not in the normal location. Is this a factor?

Helios is pointed to my install directory as well.

I have also confirmed that the A-10c in helios works perfectly.

So now what? Thanks

Edited by i3dman

I do.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I do.

now share the secret!!! LOL

the A-10c works perfect,

I've re downloaded the profile and have tried the export file that came with it as well as the independent export file that is available.

My install folder is not the default, but I've tried pointing Helios to the full directory as well as the FC3 directory.

any thoughts on what i need to change?

You have to use the Export file that is on Capt Zeen's website to use with his profiles. They have been modified to combine information within the limited FC2 protocol that Helios has built in. This way he can send much more information to Helios. Then within his Helios profiles he doctored up the gauges to display the new information. So if your using his profiles you must use his Export file.

You have to use the Export file that is on Capt Zeen's website to use with his profiles. They have been modified to combine information within the limited FC2 protocol that Helios has built in. This way he can send much more information to Helios. Then within his Helios profiles he doctored up the gauges to display the new information. So if your using his profiles you must use his Export file.

I did...

plan b?

I3dman

see your PM

windows 7

the stock F-15 captz profile both eng b and non eng b variant.

the export that came with the f-15 profile and the export that can be downloaded for DCS1.5 that i believe includes exports for both a-10c and f-15.

the a-10c profile i use still works with his export for 1.5.

i'm not running it on a network so the firewall shouldn't be a problem.

let me know if i forgot something?