Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Hi AlaskanGrizzly, is there anyway to export the kneeboard via monitorsetup.lua? I dont wanna modify the dcs files (update will repair it).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hi AlaskanGrizzly, is there anyway to export the kneeboard via monitorsetup.lua? I dont wanna modify the dcs files (update will repair it).

Try making your changes to game files and put them in JSGME or C:\Users\user name\Saved Games\DCS\

They should load instead of game files.

Does it matter which folder the mission is in when you try to insert the mission briefing etc into it? and when running it?

I typically build and run missions for my group in my own set of folders under DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Missions and what I am finding is that for a mission which has an ambient temp of -1 deg C and is basically a clear cold winter day mission I'm getting told that it's 20 deg C etc. Additionally I see red banners and text when I'm in a blue player slot and no critical radio freqs (I've set the radio freqs in the ME so the players have ATC of their start base on button A and there are no red player slots in the mission).

The other AI flight frequencies page seems to be from a different mission entirely involving F86s, B29s etc when the one I'm in is a pure WW2 mission P51s, 109s and 190s.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Stonehouse

1.thumb.jpg.2215d5f4c61b2f71706f84eb66ba6928.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.6f91eb412978086dc81909a1a40b7eb4.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.14395fca424977af136e273b59b57e52.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.6f8f20bc8eefc26f72b04e6c52c49376.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.7400e0046b60564688a4357c1da33457.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.7384df67db667b633a8c1cb134ea927e.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.821f941e12f774c7bb8e6f109227fc19.jpg

Does it matter which folder the mission is in when you try to insert the mission briefing etc into it? and when running it?

I typically build and run missions for my group in my own set of folders under DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Missions and what I am finding is that for a mission which has an ambient temp of -1 deg C and is basically a clear cold winter day mission I'm getting told that it's 20 deg C etc. Additionally I see red banners and text when I'm in a blue player slot and no critical radio freqs (I've set the radio freqs in the ME so the players have ATC of their start base on button A and there are no red player slots in the mission).

The other AI flight frequencies page seems to be from a different mission entirely involving F86s, B29s etc when the one I'm in is a pure WW2 mission P51s, 109s and 190s.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Stonehouse

It looks like the dynamic kneeboards are loading the data from the last singleplayer mission you flew.

When DCS switched over to 1.5 and 2.0 they changed the way multiplayer missions are unpacked and loaded compared to singleplayer missions so the dynamic kneeboards are no longer working correctly in multiplayer missions. I am still working on trying to get that functionality back for the MP environment.

• 3 weeks later...

Kneeboard pages

Hi Sir,

I just downloaded the kneeboard utility but i cant seem to find any original maps or any stuff to place on the kneeboard. Searched on the both username/saved games and DCS 2 Open world Alpha/bazar/terrain/kneeboard but with nothing in it.

Any thoughts or feedback Sir.

Regards

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

Hi Sir,

I just downloaded the kneeboard utility but i cant seem to find any original maps or any stuff to place on the kneeboard. Searched on the both username/saved games and DCS 2 Open world Alpha/bazar/terrain/kneeboard but with nothing in it.

Any thoughts or feedback Sir.

Regards

I don't think ED has supplied any default airfield charts or anything for the OpenAlpha yet. However, the 476th Virtual Fighter Group has put together a package of charts for Nevada and they are available as a single pdf from their website here:

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=405

Let me know if you need any help importing the .pdf file into Kneeboard Builder.

Version 1.6.7.3 Released

Version 1.6.7.3 is now available.

Changelog

- Fixed 'modify groups' GUI not allowing image reorder

- Added 'modify groups' GUI drag-drop reorder

- Added ability to choose between L-39C and L-39ZA kneeboards

- Other minor improvements

NOTE:

To transfer your L-39C groups to the new L-39 group folder in your Kneeboard Builder -> 'Kneeboard Groups' folder rename the 'L-39C' folder to 'L-39'.

The default airfield charts for Caucasus were moved after 1.5.3 to

\DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\Kneeboard\

The feature of the app that deletes them needs to be updated I guess

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Version 1.6.7.4 Released

Version 1.6.7.4 is now available.

Changelog

- Fixed program crash when switching between DCS versions after selecting an aircraft kneeboard in the custom kneeboard page

- Fixed default kneeboard pointing to wrong folder location

- Added ability to modify Caucusus, Nevada and future terrain default kneeboards seperately

IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to a file system change implemented in DCS World versions 1.5.3 and 2.0.1, this version of Kneeboard Builder may not modify the default kneeboards correctly for prior versions of DCS World.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Crash on launch problem

I am running KB v 1.6.7.4 on two Win10 machines. One Win10 home and the other

pro. It works beautifully on the Pro machine, but crashes on launch on the other.

Win 10 is not particularly helpful – simply says "app stopped working" and goes quiet.

I checked the registry to verify that I have NET Framework 4.6.x and I do, if I'm interpreting the registry entry correctly (BTW, it there a less convoluted way of determining the NET Framework version?).

I went through identical installs on both machines – I unzipped at the top level on my C drive so KB is C:\Kneeboard Builder. So, I should not have a permission problem.

Due to the lack of info, I'm at an impass. Unfortunately for me, my DCS system is on the machine that won't launch.

Anyway, I love the app, but don't know how to proceed. Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Crash on launch problem

I am running KB v 1.6.7.4 on two Win10 machines. One Win10 home and the other

pro. It works beautifully on the Pro machine, but crashes on launch on the other.

Win 10 is not particularly helpful – simply says "app stopped working" and goes quiet.

I checked the registry to verify that I have NET Framework 4.6.x and I do, if I'm interpreting the registry entry correctly (BTW, it there a less convoluted way of determining the NET Framework version?).

I went through identical installs on both machines – I unzipped at the top level on my C drive so KB is C:\Kneeboard Builder. So, I should not have a permission problem.

Due to the lack of info, I'm at an impass. Unfortunately for me, my DCS system is on the machine that won't launch.

Anyway, I love the app, but don't know how to proceed. Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks for letting me know about the problem you are having.

Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and let me know the details for any errors you have listed for Kneeboardbuilder.exe or save the log and pm me a copy

For windows 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save select events: control-left click on the event(s) you want to save -> right click -> save selected events -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

If you can't upload an .evtx file then a text file will do.

I dumped the three relevant events as text, but it's longish. I'd really like to upload the .evtx file rather than clutter the forum with text, but looking into how to do it was very confusing. The explanation said that I needed to install a plugin and routed me to the the web site where it can be downloaded - the website was what was confusing. Is it necessary to purchase this plugin, just to up load files to the forum?

I dumped the three relevant events as text, but it's longish. I'd really like to upload the .evtx file rather than clutter the forum with text, but looking into how to do it was very confusing. The explanation said that I needed to install a plugin and routed me to the the web site where it can be downloaded - the website was what was confusing. Is it necessary to purchase this plugin, just to up load files to the forum?

Just e-mail them to me at s13solutions@gmail.com. Sorry I forgot to include that in my post above. Thanks.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

ok, I'll do that. In addition to looking in te registery, I've also run several Net Framework detectors. Each gives me a different answer. However, all agree ther are several versions present. What determines which is used in a particular app?

The app determines which one is used.

I looked over your crash logs and it appears you are having a crash that commonly occurs with a corrupt .NET installation or a corrupt system file.

Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

I ran the scan. Unfortunately(I guess), the scan gave the files a clean bill of health. Is there any other data I can gather at my end that would be helpful? BTW, I really appreciate your help. It's definitely in the "above and beyond" category.

I haven't forgot about you; just busy with kid stuff. I'll look into it a bit more and see what I can find out.