Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Version 1.6.7.2 is now available.

Changelog

- Fixed 'modify groups' GUI not displaying correct modifications to group images

- Added Mig-21 kneeboard not displaying hotfix for DCS World OpenBeta and OpenAlpha (moving maps are still not displaying correctly for Mig-21 in OpenAlpha)

- Fixed Mig-21 moving map font size bug

- Added 'Dynamic Nevada Beacons' group to 'General DCS World Kneeboard'

NOTE:

Single player client and multiplayer dynamic kneeboards are still not working correctly

very nice! thanks for posting

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Question don't know if it was already answered.

Does this program works in MP environment? I find it useful to know the airspeed and checklists of takeoffs and approaches, if I was this program to edit some PDF into the kneeboard, can I use it online?

Thank and amazing work. Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Question don't know if it was already answered.

Does this program works in MP environment? I find it useful to know the airspeed and checklists of takeoffs and approaches, if I was this program to edit some PDF into the kneeboard, can I use it online?

Thank and amazing work. Regards.

Yes. The custom kneeboards work online as well.

The only thing not working correctly online at this point in DCS 1.5 and 2.0 are the mission briefing and radio dynamic kneeboard pages. Those are kneeboard pages that are automatically generated from the mission file that show the weather, tasks and aircraft specific radio channels.

HI there!

Love your Kneeboard builder, but I have now an issue with the position of the kneeboard since I upgraded to a triple screen setup.

I tried using the offset function but maybe I am not understanding its behaviour.

Can you please let me know how to move the kneeboard in the cockpit?

thank you.

e.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

DCS1.5.2 doens't allow Kneeboard builder to reposition/resize

DCS 1.5.2 doens't allow Kneeboard builder to reposition or resize kneeboard after repositioning and resizing the kneeboard in the custom kneeboard settings. I can change the colour of the waypoint line and circle to whatever colour I want.

Is this a bug?

Thank you.

HI there!

Love your Kneeboard builder, but I have now an issue with the position of the kneeboard since I upgraded to a triple screen setup.

I tried using the offset function but maybe I am not understanding its behaviour.

Can you please let me know how to move the kneeboard in the cockpit?

thank you.

e.

The offset function is used when you are exporting gauges or views to another screen. In such a case your total DCS World screen resolution might show as 2220 x 1600 when your main DCS window is really only 1920 x 1080, making the kneeboard show outside of the main DCS window. The offset function allows you to set a -300 pixel X and -520 pixel Y offset to make the kneeboard show up inside the main DCS screen at the correct position.

If you are using three screens just as single wide DCS display window you should leave the offsets at 0 and position the kneeboard in Kneeboard Builder like you would normally with just a single screen.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you need a better explanation.

DCS 1.5.2 doens't allow Kneeboard builder to reposition or resize kneeboard after repositioning and resizing the kneeboard in the custom kneeboard settings. I can change the colour of the waypoint line and circle to whatever colour I want.

Is this a bug?

Thank you.

That is a bug. I will try to push out an update in the next day or two now that the holidays are over.

That is a bug. I will try to push out an update in the next day or two now that the holidays are over.

Thank you for your response.

It's interesting that it works perfectly well in DCS version 1.5.2 Beta. I was under the impression that the final release version 1.5.2 was identical to the Beta version?

How will we know when you have the update ready?

Thank you for your response.

It's interesting that it works perfectly well in DCS version 1.5.2 Beta. I was under the impression that the final release version 1.5.2 was identical to the Beta version?

How will we know when you have the update ready?

I thought it was a bug with my program, but it seems to be working correctly with my install of DCS 1.5.2 and Kneeboard Builder seems to be updating the correct files.

Double check that Kneeboard Builder is pointing to the right DCS World install under 'Options -> Preferences' and make sure that 'Standard' is selected.

After updating the kneeboard position using Kneeboard Builder you could check the 'ViewportHandling.lua' located at '...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit/ViewportHandling.lua' and see if the position was updated correctly.

You should see something like this at the very top of the file:

local kneeY = 800

local kneeX = 550

local kneePosY = 276

local kneePosX = 1365

The numbers should match the position you set in Kneeboard Builder. KneeX and KneeY are the kneeboard size and kneePosX and kneePosY are for the position of the kneeboard on the screen.

Make sure you are selecting the correct kneeboard profile using the Kneeboard Builder taskbar icon.

If the 'ViewportHandling.lua' is not updating correctly, try deleting (or renaming) the 'Config' folder in the Kneeboard Builder folder and rebuild your profiles in Kneeboard Builder.

Hopefully that helps.

I thought it was a bug with my program, but it seems to be working correctly with my install of DCS 1.5.2 and Kneeboard Builder seems to be updating the correct files.

Double check that Kneeboard Builder is pointing to the right DCS World install under 'Options -> Preferences' and make sure that 'Standard' is selected.

After updating the kneeboard position using Kneeboard Builder you could check the 'ViewportHandling.lua' located at '...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit/ViewportHandling.lua' and see if the position was updated correctly.

You should see something like this at the very top of the file:

local kneeY = 800

local kneeX = 550

local kneePosY = 276

local kneePosX = 1365

The numbers should match the position you set in Kneeboard Builder. KneeX and KneeY are the kneeboard size and kneePosX and kneePosY are for the position of the kneeboard on the screen.

Make sure you are selecting the correct kneeboard profile using the Kneeboard Builder taskbar icon.

If the 'ViewportHandling.lua' is not updating correctly, try deleting (or renaming) the 'Config' folder in the Kneeboard Builder folder and rebuild your profiles in Kneeboard Builder.

Hopefully that helps.

Thank you AlaskanGrizzly. For sure it was pointing to 'Standard' [C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\] and I did build a new profile. I'll do as you say and report back shortly on the other info you provided.

edit:

local kneeY = 801

local kneeX = 1200

local kneePosY = 243

local kneePosX = 0

This is not the correct updating. This is the update from 1.5.2 beta...even though I'm pointing to 'Standard'. However these numbers are no where close to what I'm seeing on the screen.

Edit:

Replaced config folder but still no joy...will keep trying. Any ideas?

Edited by fitness88

Thank you AlaskanGrizzly. For sure it was pointing to 'Standard' [C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\] and I did build a new profile. I'll do as you say and report back shortly on the other info you provided.

edit:

local kneeY = 801

local kneeX = 1200

local kneePosY = 243

local kneePosX = 0

This is not the correct updating. This is the update from 1.5.2 beta...even though I'm pointing to 'Standard'. However these numbers are no where close to what I'm seeing on the screen.

Edit:

Replaced config folder but still no joy...will keep trying. Any ideas?

Have you tried a fresh Kneeboard Builder install?

Have you tried a fresh Kneeboard Builder install?

I've reinstalled Kneeboard Builder. I am configuring 1.5.2 exactly the same way I configured 1.5.2 beta...beta works fine. Also I do get a change in colors for waypoint and waypoint circle indicating it is partially working for 1.5.2 release.

I've spent a couple of hours on this trying many different ways to get it fixed.

>Are you saying that you are able to resize and reposition your kneeboard content on any of your 3 screens in 1.5.2 release?

>Is it possible the file KB writes to in DCS is not being properly written to? Answer posted below

Windows 7 pro 64 bit, 3 screen viewer

Thanks...BTW do you have a 64 bit and 32 bit installation?

Edited by fitness88

There is definitely an issue with 1.5.2.

I deleted the file ViewportHandling.lua from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World \Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit.

I copied the file ViewportHandling.lua from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit and pasted it into:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World \Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit

The kneepad took on the desired position and size of 1.5.2 beta.

I deleted the file ViewportHandling.lua from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World \Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit.

I copied the file ViewportHandling.lua from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit and pasted it into:

The issue seems to be your ViewportHandling.lua isn't being updated correctly by KneeboardBuilder for some reason. I will run through my code again.

Could you send me a copy of the kneeboard profile that isn't working for you? They are in the 'Config' folder. Thanks.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Hello guys,

I have a problem to import one PDF documentation, when I click on "Import" buttom I have this message "All files successfully converted" but the Kneeboard Builder don't make the convertion.

Here I join you few screenshots of my settings and steps:

Keeboard%2001.jpg

Keeboard%2002.jpg

Keeboard%2003.jpg

Please do you have one idea ?

In advance a great thanks, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader