Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried this, but it crashes when it loads everytime. I am running Windows 10 Home x64.

Your instructions say to install the .NET Framework 4.5 or higher. I believe Windows 10 comes with a higher version, right? So, I don't need that? If I installed it over a newer version Framework, that would screw up my pc, right?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I just tried this, but it crashes when it loads everytime. I am running Windows 10 Home x64.

Your instructions say to install the .NET Framework 4.5 or higher. I believe Windows 10 comes with a higher version, right? So, I don't need that? If I installed it over a newer version Framework, that would screw up my pc, right?

You have the current verson of the .NET Framework, so you don't need to install anything.

Right after you try running Kneeboard Builder, could you save your Windows Event Logs and PM them to me or post them?

(Right-click Start> Computer Management> Event Viewer> Windows Logs>Right click on Application> save all events as> save the logs as Event Files)

Thanks.

I'll do that when I get a chance. May be a while since I am upgrading my rig tomorrow.

But I was wondering about which .Net Frameworks were installed..

Helios has stopped working as well since I upgraded to Win 10. It was written in C# .Net. My Event Viewer says it has an folder access problem. I tried giving it full control to it's folders and it's My Documents folders. And giving those folders full control to the admin and my accounts. But no good. It may be accessing some other folder. Wish someone with .Net knowledge would look at it..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I just went to test it again today, and the .exe was now missing. I thought that my AV had maybe quarantined it, but did not find it there either. I'm not sure where it went.

So, I extracted the files again and the first time that I run it (just like the first time I extracted and ran it yesterday) I got this Win 10 error message(see attached pic). But I just said to go ahead and run it anyhow. But that's when it starts crashing every time. And now the .exe is missing again! :cry:

So, I went to look in the Quarantine list again, and didn't see anything there. So, I started looking all around in BitDefender and finally found it under RansomWare Protection! :lol:When I upgraded to Windows 10, I had to get the new BitDefender Suite. That suite is different that the last one and has additional Ransomware and also Malware protection, which I was not looking for... And I also found several other apps that would not run there. And now Helios is working again!

It want's to do an update, but it crashes even though I have added it to the allowed Ransomeware list. Attached is the Event log for the Updater.

If I don't update, the program does load ok. I just just playing with it now.. :)

I did it again just now, and it updated ok.

Edited by Snacko

• 3 weeks later...

I have problem at Kneeboard Builder. Options -> Kneeboard settings is grayed out..so I can't set kneeboard position at monitor.

I deleted old installation...installed new one..same thing.

I have Win10 x64 and I have only 1.5 beta installed..DCS folders are founded fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have problem at Kneeboard Builder. Options -> Kneeboard settings is grayed out..so I can't set kneeboard position at monitor.

I deleted old installation...installed new one..same thing.

I have Win10 x64 and I have only 1.5 beta installed..DCS folders are founded fine.

Make sure the DCS World Install Directory and Saved Games Directory are pointing to the right place and OpenBeta is checked.

It is grayed out if it cannot find one or both of these two files:

...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\options.lua

and

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

:doh:I didn't restarted Kneeboard builder after changes folders in first place.

Today after reading your post I started it and everything was normal..:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Version 1.6.7.0 Released

Version 1.6.7.0 is now available.

Changelog

- Overhauled modify group GUI. Images now display as resizable thumbnails. Multiselect with 'control' and 'shift' keys and remove with 'delete' key.

- Fixed dynamic kneeboard not displaying mission overview and tasks in single player in DCS 1.5 openBeta. (Multiplayer is still a WIP)

- Other minor improvements

• Like 1

Yesterday I installed the Kneeboard Builder.

I have the Aerodrome Charts imported and successfully converted all pages into images. Then I created the Kneeboard for the F-86F.

kniebrettlweyxqu48p.jpgkniebbrettf86f7cth5rdevx.jpg

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/kniebbrettf86f7cth5rdevx.jpg

But none of the images will be displayed!

It appears the default image ?!

kniebbrettf86f7cth5rdevx.jpgkniebrettlweyxqu48p.jpg

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/kniebrettlweyxqu48p.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Yesterday I installed the Kneeboard Builder.

I have the Aerodrome Charts imported and successfully converted all pages into images. Then I created the Kneeboard for the F-86F.

But none of the images will be displayed!

It appears the default image ?!

What am I doing wrong?

The F-86 kneeboard is currently bugged and we are waiting for a fix from ED.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152080

Version 1.6.7.1 Released

Version 1.6.7.1 is now available.

Changelog

- Added support for DCS World 2.0 OpenAlpha (now possible to choose between Standard, OpenAlpha and OpenBeta installs in 'Preferences' page)

- Split 'Default Dynamic' kneeboard pages into two groups: 'Dynamic Mission Briefing' and 'Dynamic Caucasus Beacons'

- Fixed groups already added to 'General DCS World Kneeboard' not displaying in the 'groups to add' GUI

Hello,

This seems an excellent tool I just discovered. But when I ty to modify a group, after saving it does not display the same pages that the ones I kept!

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Hello,

This seems an excellent tool I just discovered. But when I ty to modify a group, after saving it does not display the same pages that the ones I kept!

Thanks for letting me know. I will take a look.

UPDATE:

It looks like I messed up and reversed some things in the code. I will try to get a fix out today after I get off work. Thanks again for pointing that out.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Could this mod be used to correct the current problem with the lack of maps in the Mig-21bis? In the beta?

I'll work on including that in the next release.

Hello,

This seems an excellent tool I just discovered. But when I try to modify a group, after saving it does not display the same pages that the ones I kept!

It's taking a bit longer than I expected to located the problem code. I will try to get a fixed version released within the next few days. In the mean time, closing out kneeboard builder and opening it again with show the correct images. The files are being modified correctly, only the user interface is not updating to reflect the changes correctly.

Version 1.6.7.2 Released

Version 1.6.7.2 is now available.

Changelog

- Fixed 'modify groups' GUI not displaying correct modifications to group images

- Added Mig-21 kneeboard not displaying hotfix for DCS World OpenBeta and OpenAlpha (moving maps are still not displaying correctly for Mig-21 in OpenAlpha)

- Fixed Mig-21 moving map font size bug

- Added 'Dynamic Nevada Beacons' group to 'General DCS World Kneeboard'

NOTE:

Single player client and multiplayer dynamic kneeboards are still not working correctly