Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

I'm getting this image for my dynamic kneeboard pages and have no idea why. :helpsmilie:

I've updated to the newest version 1.6.5.0

Can you upload or PM me your dcs.log file found at \Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log right after you try flying a mission.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Sometimes I get that too. The mission extracted info are missing and that image appear on all pages that should have been with that info.

Can I ask for a "feature"?

Could you make a button/menu option to remove automatically the airport charts? I don't use them and after each update I need to go and manually delete them.

I am talking about the ones from here:

\DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\Kneeboard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Could you make a button/menu option to remove automatically the airport charts? I don't use them and after each update I need to go and manually delete them.

+1

then we can cycle the pages more efficiently.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

AlaskanGrizzly

Outstanding support sir!

Fixed my issue with the Dynamic, after some back and forth. Hope this got him a fix that will work for everyone. I'll let him post the fix or it may be a patch issue.

Great Mod again Sir.

1zprtj5.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SysSpecs:

Display= 4K 55" UHD JU6700 Series Curved Samsung

Processor= Intel64 i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz

RAM= 16 GB Ripjaws 4 series DDR4 2400 MHz

GPU= NVIDIA GeForce MSI GTX 980 OCV1 1152MHz Core 4GB GDDR5 Memory

Storage= 128GB Apotop S3C SSD

Storage= 2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200 HDD

OS= Win 10

Peripheral= TrackIR5 w/ TrackClip PRO

Controller= Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG™ USAF Replica :joystick:

Sometimes files will get mixed around or changed after updates so here are some steps to try if the Dynamic Kneeboards aren't working:

1) Delete the folder 'KneeboardData' at \Saved Games\DCS\Data\KneeboardData

2) Look in 'Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\net' and see if you have an 'events-original.lua'. If you do, delete 'events.lua' and rename the 'events-original.lua' to 'events.lua'.

3) Open Kneeboard Builder and close it once it fully loads (this should rebuild all of the files you deleted)

4) Fly one of the quickstart missions and see if the dynamic kneeboards work.

5) If the kneeboards work in a quickstart mission, try them in a multiplayer mission.

I'll see what I can do.

Version 1.6.5.1 Released

Version 1.6.5.1 is now available.

Version 1.6.5.1 Changelog

-added option in preferences to automatically keep default kneeboard clear of default charts

NOTE:

With this option checked, just open Kneeboard Builder after a DCS World update to automatically clear the kneeboard of the default charts. This feature will not affect any other user files that are added to the default kneeboard.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Thank You! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.6.5.2 Released

Version 1.6.5.2 is now available.

Changelog

-improved word wrap in dynamic kneeboards

-dynamic kneeboards now automatically convert wind info into 'CDU LASTE ready' format

(converts wind direction from 'blowing to' to 'blowing from' and adjusts for magnetic bearing)

(converts wind altitude from meters to feet and provides temperature estimates in Celsius for each wind layer)

NOTE:

Be sure to rebuild any kneeboards containing the dynamic kneeboard pages to implement the new changes.

Thanks for continuing to polish this little app!!!!!

but... now I can't clear it :)

j5QtqQ6.png

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no, it appears because I can click indefinitely the "clear custom kneeboard for DCS World" button and never it actually clears so I can add it again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great program. Thanks.

When I to Kneeboard Settings->Size and Position, a windows dialog pops up saying this Kneeboard Builder has stopped working. Everything else seems to be ok. Running Windows10.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Hey guys amazing app. I appreciate this kind of stuffs.

I have a question: it Is a way can I use my IPad as Kneeboard? Will be great have a app with the same DCS design. Something with tools for the navigation. Something that let me make marks. Will be awesome someone make an app for our tablets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no, it appears because I can click indefinitely the "clear custom kneeboard for DCS World" button and never it actually clears so I can add it again.

zaelu,

I am still trying to figure out what might be causing that issue for you.

When I to Kneeboard Settings->Size and Position, a windows dialog pops up saying this Kneeboard Builder has stopped working. Everything else seems to be ok. Running Windows10.

Streggles,

Right after you trying running Kneeboard Builder, could you look at your windows application event logs and post any error events that might be appearing for Kneeboard Builder.

To view the event logs:

Type 'event viewer' in your windows search -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on 'application'

Is a way can I use my IPad as Kneeboard? Will be great have a app with the same DCS design. Something with tools for the navigation. Something that let me make marks. Will be awesome someone make an app for our tablets.

I have been looking at some ideas...

I deleted my old app then redownloaded and it worked.

I still have the old one. you think it might contain some clue?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The app crashed at startup until I ran it as administrator. Then it started working and I didn't have to run it as administrator any more.

A stack trace:

Application: KneeboardBuilder.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException

Stack:

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)

at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at KneeboardBuilder.App.Main()

I deleted my old app then redownloaded and it worked.

I still have the old one. you think it might contain some clue?

One of the files may have become corrupted during the update process. It seems to happen sometimes.

The app crashed at startup until I ran it as administrator. Then it started working and I didn't have to run it as administrator any more.

That one is strange... It seems to have had trouble loading the user interface the first time you ran it. Let me know if you have any other issues with it.

Mine crashes on startup every time unless it is run as administrator (Win10). Not a big deal at all for me personally.

Also, easily the best program I have downloaded that compliments DCS World. Incredibly simple yet powerful software that I would now not fly without.

So thanks AlaskanGrizzly! :thumbup:

I have a issue when using dynamic kneeboard in DCS when in missions I created the mission data that is being generated for the kneeboard is from the Campaign not the current mission I am about to fly. Is there a fix for this? Also I added the list of missions I created to the dynamic kneeboard and still the same issue.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

I have a issue when using dynamic kneeboard in DCS when in missions I created the mission data that is being generated for the kneeboard is from the Campaign not the current mission I am about to fly. Is there a fix for this? Also I added the list of missions I created to the dynamic kneeboard and still the same issue.

If you having issues with a prior mission appearing in the dynamic kneeboard try deleting this folder:

C:\Users\{Your User Profile Name}\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS

If you having issues with a prior mission appearing in the dynamic kneeboard try deleting this folder:

C:\Users\{Your User Profile Name}\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS

Thank you I hope I will not have to do that every time, because it would be quiet annoying if one did.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

Keeps showing the same mission

Hey! Great app!

I recently had to reinstall DCS. I deleted everything from Kneeboard and reinstalled.

The waypoints are showing up just fine....but for some reason the mission and radio data keep showing a mission from "Ramp start Black Sea" mission.

Please help! I became so dependent on this app I almost don't want to play without it!

Hey! Great app!

I recently had to reinstall DCS. I deleted everything from Kneeboard and reinstalled.

The waypoints are showing up just fine....but for some reason the mission and radio data keep showing a mission from "Ramp start Black Sea" mission.

Please help! I became so dependent on this app I almost don't want to play without it!

I just deleted everything that had kneeboard on it...ran DCS repair. Now when I try to update it windows shuts down the app.

help....