Sound in the teaser?

Agg

First off, great job, the Sabre looks fantastic, and Im really excited about it. Now for my question, is the sound of the Sabre featured in the teaser from the sim or has this been added in post production? It sounds great so Im keeping my fingers crossed it is from the sim.

The teaser has every sign that it is made by Cato (Glowing amraam) and he does use post production to enhance the effect. Based on experience in the sim currently, I think the teaser was shot with EDGE, but the sound is definitely post production.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

The teaser has every sign that it is made by Cato (Glowing amraam) and he does use post production to enhance the effect. Based on experience in the sim currently, I think the teaser was shot with EDGE, but the sound is definitely post production.

Not sure about that:

That is correct, no post-effects was added. smile.gif Still WIP though.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• ED Team

Just to clarify, although there are no visual effects added, the actual flyby sound was added in post. :P Sorry for the confusion. :) I guess we all wish the in-game sounds were like that.

Edited by Glowing_Amraam
  • Like 1

• ED Team
The flyby sound is inverted actually, the plane is going from left to right and the sound the other way around :)

It would be nice to have more realistic jet sound in DCS though.

What? Man, my speaker setup must be lying to me then! :megalol:

Will make sure it's correct next time. :thumbup:

It may not be as good as that video, but Diveplane's jet sounds for FC3 are extremely good. Makes it sound much more realistic.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I think we all knew the answer to this one really but it is a shame non the less. Why is realistic sound so hard to achieve with all of our advancements?

In part, because nobody can actually agree what sounds realistic.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Indeed, I use Diveplane's sound mods and enjoy them very much.

BUT flyby and overall the jet sounds are lacking of that "biting" component, the "roar" and the "rumble" that you can clearly hear (and, for frequencies below 100Hz, feel with your body) when a fighter jet does a close pass.

BUT #2, I never flown in a fighter jet with proper ear-plugs, helmet and canopy, so I really can't imagine how a near fighter jet engine sounds from the pilot's perspective :)

sounds great my sound system with the audios. = my audios provide outstanding rumble and afterburner effects have to disagree with u on that.

as for incockpit pilots hear very little incockpit.

this is how it sounds incockpit = boring

again this can be done in game with sliders set.

Yeah, but getting close should please the majority of people. Sound is just as important as visuals etc when it comes to creating an immersive experience.

Right, and currently our visuals leave much to be desired as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well the best sound on a DCS plane so far would have to be the P-51D, without mods. I love that flyby!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Your audio mods are great, I'm not certainly questioning that (btw, thank you!! :) )

But they still are far from what a dynamic sound system, with the reproduction of how a sound source interacts with the surroundings, can reproduce.

Is like listening to a good record, instead of listening to a live gig.

I think that's a pilot oxygen mask microphone recording.

I agree, though, that the in-cockpit sound should be very poor of high frequencies and "external events" volume.

I don't see it as "boring", if it's close to reality.

My 2 cents :)

comes down to the game engine for eax effects and other audios effects, current dx 9 engine wont cut it.

mind pilot has noise cancel system so pretty much that's what u hear incockpit all external sounds are

removed with the helmet system.

as I mentioned before can be done in game audio options if u desire this noise cancel effect.

thx for the positive comments on audios , they are indeed fantastic.

Edited by diveplane

Done. :)

I notice that ED didn't see a need for a similar disclaimer.

It's decent, but if you're familiar with actual P-51 flybys you can clearly tell that the two are not similar.

I feel the aircraft sound system should be revamped to include a more fleshed out system, it feels very limited. Even if you have an aircraft to get actual recordings from, it seems that the engine is too limited to plug all the sounds in to their place.

Agreed, it doesn't sound anything like a real Merlin engine. Plus, I'd love to hear the dive whistle!