You're god damn right

RRino

And if the Tor is busy shooting down HARMs, he’s not shooting down you or your friends. The “suppression” part of SEAD (suppression of enemy air defences) doesn’t require them to be destroyed, just forced to shut off or kept busy shooting down HARMs while you complete your mission.

DEAD (destruction of enemy air defences) is when you kill em good and dead, usually with clusters while they are suppressed

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

And no one flew the SU-25 ever again...

SU-25? What's that? Do you mean the sitting ducks the Hornets use for target practice? :D:D:D

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

And no one flew the SU-25 ever again...
I take Su-25T almost anyway... 12 Vikhr missiles or any other missile/rockets etc against your 4x HARM...

The Su-25T SEAD capability is not in Kh-25MP or Kh-58, but in the Shkval and L-081 combination.

What we are going to see is people lofting these things from 70-80nm now on and hoping to get some kills.... Until AI actually gets its intelligence....

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

And if the AI SAMs eventually get smart enough to "hide" then you will have a successful SEAD mission...

There is a Moose script to turn SAM radars on and Off...

:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

And if the Tor is busy shooting down HARMs, he’s not shooting down you or your friends. The “suppression” part of SEAD (suppression of enemy air defences) doesn’t require them to be destroyed, just forced to shut off or kept busy shooting down HARMs while you complete your mission.

DEAD (destruction of enemy air defences) is when you kill em good and dead, usually with clusters while they are suppressed

Anyone know how many targets a Tor can engage at one time?

Anyone know how many targets a Tor can engage at one time?
"The electronic ‘heart’ of the system is a digital fire control system, which allows detection of up to 48 targets and the tracking of ten at any one time, and integrates IFF functionality"

"Originally Tor could only engage one target at a time, and with only two of its missiles. Later variants of the Tor system (Tor-M1 and M2E) incorporate additional fire control channels, as well as improved fire control computers, allowing the system to engage two (M1) and then four (M2E) targets, whilst simultaneously guiding up to four (M1) and then eight (M2E) missiles. "

So two targets with four missiles.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

HARM is supposed to be able to hit the target even after the emitter is shut down.
Yes it has a memory capability, but it ain't very accurate if radar turns off at longer distance. And that doesn't work against a moving radars. That is one thing what is missing from DCS, AI that knows tactics to move even when radar is still up with some platforms, as not all need to repack all to move like big early warning radars that support cables are screwed on ground.

The other thing is that many radars are totally wrong manner positioned and used. No SAM NEZ traps, no periodic moves, no backup systems, no networked communications etc etc.

It literally is like shooting fishes in a barrel in DCS when it comes to Air-to-Ground combat. What takes lots of the pleasure away from it.

Like we don't even have a GCI and early warning networks that traps the SEAD pilots behind the SAM sites no escape zones and disallow them to actually escape or perform their missions.

--

Oh you haven't come across Private Anatoly, the Russian Carlos Hathcock of the BMP-3 turret. He can reach out and touch you at max range, day or night, any weather. My mates and I have been laughing about this for years. The accuracy of the BMP machine gunner is uncanny.
The comrade Anatoly is nothing compared to Corporal Hamington of the LAV-25... His nickname is "Simon Hayha v2" among pilots...

Seriously, a BMP-3 has a auto targeting (at least the M version, don't be sure about original) system for low flying targets. At least CV9030 and CV9040 should be extremely dangerous at low level as those will shoot you down in couple shells because their auto targeting modes. You literally drop as those optical tracking and laser ranging makes them pure snipers.

LAV-25 in other hand I haven't read about such capability, and all BTR and BMP-2 versions should be like any ground vehicle crew shooting with mounted MG up in the air.

The same thing can be said about all AAA units, all leading and reacting to you perfectly that makes it super easy to avoid. What all those should do is randomly fire a short bursts a head of you. That means you will fly to their line of fire and as they go randomly front to you, you need to be very keen to spot their line of fire and avoid them after they shot at you, you can't take then any precaution maneuver and trust they miss, instead you need to really quickly just turn away and stay away from the area as it is highly probable that you will fly to line of fire in front of you.

More cannons and more HMG etc firing up in the air is like them closing in from all directions and at any given time you just hit the bullets.

--

Oh you haven't come across Private Anatoly, the Russian Carlos Hathcock of the BMP-3 turret. He can reach out and touch you at max range, day or night, any weather. My mates and I have been laughing about this for years. The accuracy of the BMP machine gunner is uncanny.

LOL! No s***! I've taken my share of hits from that bad boy.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control