Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Heatblur has developed the F-14B without PTID and Sparrowhawk because they plan to develop the F-14D, Heatblur said that an F-14D is quite likely, so it is quite confirmed.

Likely does not equal confirmed. Please don't pour fuel on the hype fire.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Heatblur has developed the F-14B without PTID and Sparrowhawk because they plan to develop the F-14D, Heatblur said that an F-14D is quite likely, so it is quite confirmed.

One of the problems recently revealed however was one of documentation, which as far as I know, hasn't been resolved.

I believe they said they would like to do a F-14D, not that they're planning on it or can.

Yeah, plus they've said they don't really have the documentation on the radar and MFD's to do it properly (I guess -1A manual, basically).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

So much wild wishlisting here.

If we go by what we know so far instead:

Unless I am recalling it wrongly, Cobra said some time ago, next aircraft makes use of the tech they are developing/developed for the Tomcat.

What can that be?

- Swing-wing flight model

- Jester and two seat

- An advanced radar modeling (which they also have under their belt with custom developed air to ground radar in the Viggen)

These make a few aircraft possible candidates, like Tornado, F-111, perhaps Su-24 or Su-17, but I'm afraid those two aren't too likely :(.

Other things we know, are that they have shared excellent in progress renders of two AI aircraft, that they eventually hoped to create as full modules too: J 35 Draken, and A-6E Intruder.

The intruder also fits the bill for multicrew and complex oldie radar tech. It will also fit the theme of filling the deck of an 80s & 90s carrier deck together with the Tomcat.

Now, they may pull off something unexpected and do maybe an F/A-18F. But I really don't expect that happening too much. Personally I'd rather them to any of the other possiblities anyway.

A super etendart can also be a slight possiblity, with naval aviation and complex avionics stuff. So does the A-7.

Of course, none of that may come to pass either, and they may do something totally different. But at least this is speculating with what we have in hand, not wild speculato-wishlisting :P.

And so far in years of my DCS following, my predictions proved accurate more often than not :P.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

So much wild wishlisting here.

If we go by what we know so far instead:

Unless I am recalling it wrongly, Cobra said some time ago, next aircraft makes use of the tech they are developing/developed for the Tomcat.

What can that be?

- Jester and two seat

- An advanced radar modeling (which they also have under their belt with custom developed air to ground radar in the Viggen)

These make a few aircraft possible candidates, like Tornado, F-111, perhaps Su-24 or Su-17, but I'm afraid those two aren't too likely :(.

Add thrust reverse (Viggen) to the list and you pretty much have the Tornado :worthy:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

- Jester and two seat

These 3 reasons are why I'm (half) expecting a Tornado. The biggest reason being their experience with swing-wings. I've heard it said that getting the FM just right on an aircraft with variable geometry can be notoriously difficult. Not to mention that they also have extensive experience perfecting multi-crew, as well as not starting from scratch with the radar they would need to emulate. It's not hard to imagine them quietly perfecting the TFR the Tornado uses on the side.

Of course, I don't work for or with Heatblur and this is all conjecture, so my speculations could be very wrong. They could very well be making an Intruder for us to play with alongside their F-14. That too, would make sense, since they're known to be building a Forrestal class carrier, and the A-6 (also being a Grumman production) would dovetail rather nicely with a Tomcat. Furthermore, they've shown us pictures of the AI they're working on, so we know for a fact that they at least have an external model in production.

[shrug]

I would prefer a Tornado, as I've always wanted to try out the "high-speed dash under the radar at low level, at night, and in all types of weather scenario", but an Intruder would still be pretty sexy.

Edited by Nexus-6

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I would do very bad things for a Heatblur Tornado GR.1/IDS

If it's the F-111 I hope to god it's the D or F cause I do NOT want to do manual navigation and targeting calculations for my pilot!

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR

If it's the F-111 I hope to god it's the D or F cause I do NOT want to do manual navigation and targeting calculations for my pilot!
That would also be an acceptable substitute. Though I think it would be great to see an EF-111 if at all possible.
Edited by Nexus-6

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

That would also be an acceptable substitute. Though I think it would be great to see an EF-111 if at all possible.

It's not possible, as DCS itself lacks a thorough EW simulation.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'd like to see a Jaguar GR3/3A

Me too :)

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Such as?

Do you really want to know?

Also a heatblur Harrier would be excellent.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).