F/A-18C AGM-88 not being able to lock SA-19 Tunguska?

T_STRONG_SHARK

I am aware that the SA-19 doesn't give missile launch warning or a lock sound through the RWR but it still pops up on the RWR but I'm not able to lock the HARM to its radar and don't know why?

Does the HARM have a minimum engagement range, due to the SA-19 having a small radar range or am I just dumb?

Any help is appreciated :D

I’ve been able to do it. Those things have killed me enough times in the A10 and Huey, I love getting my payback against Tunguskas!

Note that it shows up as S6 on the RWR.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Here's the deal. Many mobile SAM units have optical backups. SA-19 and SA-15 TOR come to mind.

They have search radars or ranging radars which can be targeted with the HARM but even it you nail them, you are still vulnerable to their optics suites if within range. So, keep that in mind.

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

Here's the deal. Many mobile SAM units have optical backups. SA-19 and SA-15 TOR come to mind.

They have search radars or ranging radars which can be targeted with the HARM but even it you nail them, you are still vulnerable to their optics suites if within range. So, keep that in mind.

Those are all small SHORAD systems where the radar is built into transport and launch chassis. If it gets a 146lb HARM warhead to the face I don't think the optical tracker will still be operable.

Those are all small SHORAD systems where the radar is built into transport and launch chassis. If it gets a 146lb HARM warhead to the face I don't think the optical tracker will still be operable.
The problem with DCS is that those ain't linked to together. So a early warning radar at 100-200km range can't inform those SAM sites and tell where to look the target, and if weather allows, only use a optical targeting and guidance and give you a missile on pilot face without them knowing they were target. Unless you have missile launch warning system that has change to detect the launch as well missile hot head...

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

If the difficulty/skill of the unit is high enough they sometimes turn off their radar so you can't lock them, then lock and fire once you're pointing away.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 2 months later...

I struggle with the same problem.

I can see the Tunguska popping up as an S6 the in the RWR and it's close (down -10 ° in the hud).

I'll hand off target, point at it (being 25k or higher and about 5-7nm) and still. The moment I fire the Harm will go UP and... sky's the limit. They WONT hit..

Mode used: Too

So when it's popping up on RWR it must use it's radar right? ;)

Any ideas?