Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - Nevada - Round 1

Ciribob

Quick question for everyone.... I know that Blue flag has the CTLD system for helicopters but is there any plan to try and implement actual sling-load operations for choppers? What are the limitations?

Too frustratingly slow. The setup now (I feel) is a good compromise between giving the helos something to do without requiring hours and hours of practice to pickup a crate and haul it across the map.

What were your thoughts on implementing sling loading? Why would you want to see it? How could it improve the gameplay?

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not advocating the abandonment of the CTLD system. I just think that for some people there is some significant and rewarding slingload operations gameplay potential in the Blueflag arena. I don't want to cause a balanced debate but as an example of sling-loading usefulness:

A big chopper like the Mi-8 can pick up troops which is great but only 1 Stinger/Igla (I think that this is for balance?). Why not allow that chopper to sling-load a repair crate? Additionally, Why not emphasize the importance of logistics by limiting the availability certain weapons for A/G employment without helicopter cargo transport. (ie. Mavericks are not available at a base unless helicopters bring them in...[This could be based on numerical values or perhaps based on successful runs over a period of time]) I hope this post is not too fragmented to read.

I understand there are most likely technical limitations to this but has anyone seen or heard of a system or implementation like this for DCS in the multiplayer arena?

As far as sling-loading being too slow...While yes it is slower than the CTLD system it is not a huge difference and would have NOT to replace it.

CTLD already supports real sling loads, it's a configuration option that can be turned on or off and is obviously currently off.

Real sling loads are not used for stability reasons and because crates cannot be fully destroyed and removed.

There is no practical way to change what's available in a warehouse at run time so we cannot make a weapon available or not via scripting.

There is a bodge where you spawn units,they land and add to warehouse but that's impractical for performance and speed of rearming.

For now it'll stay as is, sorry.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

About Slingloads: If it hasn't changed(atleast it was in Mi8), you don't need to hover over the crate or anything, it's an option. You can also land next to the and hook it up on the ground.

Personally, Slingloads add a huge amount of enjoyment and immersion for me. If stabillity permits, I am all for it. Is there anything specific we can haggle ED about?

I don't like the idea of mavericks being allowed. Then the A10A becomes the do everything aircraft. It's already potent enough.

What would Red get in return? Mavs only on the Viggen would be a disadvantage due to module proportional distribution.

Plus, it takes the fun out of things. I have found a great new appreciation for mk82 slicks.

Only request is to tone down the AAA. Right now these emplacements are as good or better than shilkas.

hello, I have a problem with the statistics. They do not update. player 2RGT OBERST

in the video there are the kill I did this evening, but on the site, I do not see them

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

hello, I have a problem with the statistics. They do not update. player 2RGT OBERST

in the video there are the kill I did this evening, but on the site, I do not see them

Map's all red, need a reset.

Also @Oberst I believe statistics tracking is currently disabled? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Stats tracking is still be worked on, should be working but it can be a little unreliable due to DCS events.

Map was reset last night

Another anomaly, is it normal that in the tacview I find no other means outside of mine?

Use the TacView Dropbox link in the first post of this thread. It's produced by the server so will have all units in it. :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Stats tracking is still be worked on, should be working but it can be a little unreliable due to DCS events.

Map was reset last night

Use the TacView Dropbox link in the first post of this thread. It's produced by the server so will have all units in it. :)

thanks!! :thumbup::thumbup:

LIVE!

So probably been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer. You guy considering adding in prop and early jets? While they will be kinda useless for air to air their slow speed makes for pretty good ground attack and anti-helicopter platforms. Also having an unarmed TF-51 with it's long range and fuel tank could be quite useful for recon. Throw in the F-86 with basic air to air missiles and it could at least defend itself at close range when finished dropping bombs.

When will you guys run Caucasus again? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

When will you guys run Caucasus again? :)
+1

Please.... Please..... Please.....

I can see 104th server now much better with the newest patch. No lag no crash so far but due to timezone I played with only 30 players. And their scripts probably less than BF. Is it worth to try ?

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Btw I just fixed my Nevada registry error, FINALLY I can first time play OP Blue Flag Nevada!!! :D

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

+1

Please.... Please..... Please.....

I can see 104th server now much better with the newest patch. No lag no crash so far but due to timezone I played with only 30 players. And their scripts probably less than BF. Is it worth to try ?

+1 on that +1

Can't load countermeasures on a mig. The same thing that happened one update before the last one on 1.5.7 . I'm so pissed!
I wrote to the house, told me that they know the problem and that it will fix with time ...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D140639&share_tid=140639&share_fid=74365&share_type=t

[NO BUG] Chaff Flares no longer working.

Link fb https://www.facebook.com/leatherneck.simulations/

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited by 2RGT Oberst

LIVE!

There are still many many bugs in 2.0 (Gazelle flickering instruments is just ONE example). Back to caucasus ASAP plssss!!! :)