Read user waypoints from file?

SnorreSelmer

This could come in really handy for MP scenarios. In our vWing we have Mi-8s set on the ground with no flight-plan what-so-ever, so every time we have an OP, I have to spend a fair bit of time programming in user waypoints so I can make a flight-plan.

It would be REALLY handy if I could have crafted a XML-file or something similar with user waypoint data, as if the navigator had programmed these in during startup.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct. There are bugs in user WPT creation (via the NS430 interface) right now that are being worked on.

There were also issues converting mission-editor waypoints to NS430 waypoints that are also being sorted out.

Hopefully both work correctly Soon...

Excellent idea. Something external to the mission file would be extremely useful, as it would allow creation of navpoint databases that are used across missions, and also creation and editing of navpoint databases using external planning tools.

Much like the DTC functionality that has been requested for aircraft themselves.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

@gospadin: I was thinking of a scenario like this..

We're given two ingress-points (WP ALPHA and WP BRAVO) during briefing.

Instead of having to go to the WPT/USR page and enter all the data, I could craft a file on my PC to do the same job as if the waypoints were defined in the mission editor, only no flight-plan has been created, only the points are loaded as user waypoints in the database.

Also, thank the gods you people confirmed that there's a bug with the WPT/USR page. I was virtually banging my fist on the dash yesterday trying (and failing miserably) to add user waypoints, wondering if I had suddenly become stupid or something.. ;)

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@gospadin: I was thinking of a scenario like this..

We're given two ingress-points (WP ALPHA and WP BRAVO) during briefing.

Instead of having to go to the WPT/USR page and enter all the data, I could craft a file on my PC to do the same job as if the waypoints were defined in the mission editor, only no flight-plan has been created, only the points are loaded as user waypoints in the database.

So this hypothetical briefing is out-of-game?

If you're making a mission with friends, one solution might be to just click on all the possible waypoints you might use (and give them useful names). This will make a huge silly flight plan, which you can just clear as soon as the NS430 initializes. Then you can make a new flight plan from that subset of named user WPs without having to actually create them.

Also, thank the gods you people confirmed that there's a bug with the WPT/USR page. I was virtually banging my fist on the dash yesterday trying (and failing miserably) to add user waypoints, wondering if I had suddenly become stupid or something.. ;)

There's a lot of little things that are being worked on during early access, so please report them as soon as you notice something behaving differently than expected. I can't give details as to when fixes might be public or what design decisions they're making, but at least I can make sure an issue is reported to the devs.

You are not able to create waypoints at the moment. Tried both 1.5.and 2.1

It’s a reported bug and will get ironed out soon.

Cool. Thanks for the info, now I know it's "not me".

Good luck with the fix, BST, this a great module.