Major cyclic deadzone with FFB option checked

RazorbackNL

I fly all choppers with the FFB option checked eventhough my joystick is a non-FFB stick (also non-centerspringloaded). Don't ask me how but my controls feel way more direct flying this way. I have a G27 hooked up with the X and Y axis assigned, but both axis get 0% Y-saturation which basicaly mean these axis have no function. In doing so DCS is being fooled thinking my joystick is a FFB stick which gives me way more direct control I need to fly helicopters.

I noticed that when the Force Feedback option is checked in the MISC tab, the cyclic of the Gazelle suffers from a major deadzone on the pitch and bank axis eventhough my joystick axis are set up with no curves, no saturation and no deadzone, I double checked that.

This totally reduces the feel you need to be able to fly this helicopter. Where does that massive deadzone come from?

Edited by Razorback[NL]

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Ah I see, I will have to check that out I've never tried the FFB option, I have similar controls AKA cyclic no centre detent and no springs only dampers for resistance to movement and fly all helli's no curves on cyclic and collective.

Cheers

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Hi Gents

Checking the FFB options while using a non-FFB stick will prevent you to control the gazelle correctly, you won't have trimmer etc ...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195160

Did find if you have options->misc->force feedback.

And in Options->Special->SA342 set the FFB curve Pitch and Roll curves to 0 it seems the same but if you set them at 100% it's like the dead zone of all dead zones. I tried it and I couldn't fly it.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Did find if you have options->misc->force feedback.

And in Options->Special->SA342 set the FFB curve Pitch and Roll curves to 0 it seems the same but if you set them at 100% it's like the dead zone of all dead zones. I tried it and I couldn't fly it.

Hi Gents

Checking the FFB options while using a non-FFB stick will prevent you to control the gazelle correctly, you won't have trimmer etc ...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195160

I have tried to set the FFB curves to 100% and this indeed results in even more deadzone almost covering the entire range of the cyclic axis. With FFB curves set to 0% there is still a deadzone. Only when the diamond in the control indicator comes free from the centerlines, there is an axis motion detected.

Simply unchecking ForceFeedback isn't an option for me because in my case all other modules benefit from having this option checked. I don't realy need the trim function because I use a springless joystick.

Please devs, can you look into this? The Gazelle is currently grounded for me.

Edited by Razorback[NL]

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

• 3 weeks later...

So I quess this is it than? No response from Polychop except a "turn off FFB"?

Not good enough Poly, not good at all!

Well, to be fair, you're asking for them to fix an option that completely conflicts in what its intended use is and what your use of it is, as well as providing virtually no input as to what the 'FFB on for non-FFB stick' result even is beyond the ambiguous "feels more direct".

• 1 year later...

I'm running a FFB2 and ran exactly into this issue as well... so there obviously is something that needs fixing. I tried to see if it was me not knowing how to operate the Gazelle correctly, disabled the trimmer, magnetic brake and AP channels to see if those are causing the issue, but that wasn't the case...

Edited by Eldur
  • Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 1 year later...

BUMP

No matter wether I (de)activate FFB in DCS, in my joystick´s software / profile (I have a FFB stick) or how I set up my axes for the Gazelle, this small deadzone around the center still persists.

When I adjust the FFB curve or normal axis saturation / curvature it will however change in size accordingly.

It just ignores the lowest ~5% of the output values. At the same time the stick in the 3D-cockpit is animated even around the center, but it has no effect.

Why?! Is this in fact an intended feature? Because it sure doesn´t seem like that to me.

No other module does this. I know it might sound like nitpicking, but that´s the reason why I basically don´t fly the Gazelle. IAs a consequence it feels a little wonky.

Any news on this or acknowledgement?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

BUMP
No matter wether I (de)activate FFB in DCS, in my joystick´s software / profile (I have a FFB stick) or how I set up my axes for the Gazelle, this small deadzone around the center still persists.
When I adjust the FFB curve or normal axis saturation / curvature it will however change in size accordingly.
It just ignores the lowest ~5% of the output values. At the same time the stick in the 3D-cockpit is animated even around the center, but it has no effect.
Why?! Is this in fact an intended feature? Because it sure doesn´t seem like that to me.
No other module does this. I know it might sound like nitpicking, but that´s the reason why I basically don´t fly the Gazelle. IAs a consequence it feels a little wonky.
Any news on this or acknowledgement?
Just tested with my MS FFB2.
Ticked off FFB setting in DCS. In the Gazelle, no set; dead zone, curves or saturation.
And I don't experience what you do. I have absolutely no dead zone at all.
I hope you solve it.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk