FTP Help plz

Gault05

Need some help on how to deal with ftp mirrors since I honestly have no clue whatsoever. I ask this because the first time I ran into this, I completely gave up on downloading for a while then switched to http.:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

1. What is ftp and its purpose in dcs downloading?
  2. What to use when using ftp mirrors for downloading?
  3. Where to go when ftp downloading is done?
  4. How or where do I run said download w/ftp mirror?
  5. What to do when ftp isn't running or redirects you to another window or such?

Thank you.

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Sinai

I'm trying to download FC3 due to most of the http servers stopping short around 740 MB, and the last time I did an ftp download was an absolute hassle.

Edit: That and corrupt source files w/unfinished download. I do have the torrent for fc3, but I'm unsure at what that does to help the problem.

Edited by Gault05

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

You are not doing it through DCS World?

You can download DCS World and install.

Start it and log in, go to Module Manager and download FC3 from there.

There are 3 versions of DCS World atm though.

The regular "live" on. One in Beta (1.5) & one in Alpha (2.0 with nevada map)

You must have bought the Nevada map for 2.0 though. Or have bought A-10C during beta.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not likely. I currently have 1.2, that's about it. The reason I'm downloading fc3 is to buy it later on, if possible. I don't have the Nevada map either, nor the C-Hog.

Edit: It only says "Buy" on the Module Manager. I checked.

Edited by Gault05

DCS status: