[RESOLVED] Artillery not responding

Skarp

I concur with Kang's suggestions. I set up an arty mission and the first time I thought they were broken. It takes them a few minutes to load/sight in/begin firing. I'd recommend you try waiting a few minutes also. Or start the mission up in single player so you can fast forward time so you don't have to wait.

Remember that artillery can take up to 3 minutes to prepare before firing.

And the most common problem: You are assigning a target within the MINIMUM RANGE

Make sure to check circles for min/max range

EDIT: Also, check if they are out of ammo if none of the above applies

Edited by Grodlund
adding to the post

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

• 6 months later...
@Skarp same.

Specifically, late-activated or dynamically spawned artillery will not accept fire orders through the Combined Arms interface without exiting the server. Pieces that exist at mission start are fine.

Those are all good general guidelines for using artillery tho. :)

pretty sure we pay 40 bucks or more for this so it's not fine. please fix

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
@Skarp same.

Specifically, late-activated or dynamically spawned artillery will not accept fire orders through the Combined Arms interface without exiting the server. Pieces that exist at mission start are fine.

Ah thanks, good to know about this bug

Hopefully ED will fix it ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 3 weeks later...

any chance of a REPORTED for this, clearly several of us want this issue fixed ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
@Skarp same.

This multiplayer only? If you have a track that would be helpful.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The track file is over 200mb but here is an example of CTLD-spawned mortars being completely unresponsive from a 2-hour multiplayer mission I helped run last night from the CA seat.

The helos dropped them off, they sat in their little star pattern, and although I could Set Path with the LShift+LClick method they wouldn't move, and Add Target appeared not to work either (the targeting reticle wouldn't show up and the mortars never seemed to respond at all). They basically just sat there eating PC resources and I was forced to move ahead without them.

If I can put together a smaller vignette of this happening for a smaller track file I'll try to this week.

This bug is older than 2.5, it was present in 1.5.7 also. Dynamically spawned infantry, mortars, MLRS or artillery refused to move, fire and in some cases act on detection.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 4 months later...

Artillery units spawned into a multiplayer server will not respond to commands if a user was logged into said server at the time the artillery was spawned.

However, if a user disconnects and reenters the server, he can then issue commands to any artillery unit that was spawned already prior to his connecting (or reconnecting).

Artillery units spawned into a multiplayer server will not respond to commands if a user was logged into said server at the time the artillery was spawned.

However, if a user disconnects and reenters the server, he can then issue commands to any artillery unit that was spawned already prior to his connecting (or reconnecting).

Can confirm. Also when issuing commands pressing Mouse 1 (firing arty or MBT) you can flood the server(pressing Mouse 1 multiple times) casing mass disconnects, lag on server.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm still experiencing artillery and MLRS systems getting stuck, they will fire at the first target I set but then will be unresponsive. Can't move, can't fire them. Multiplayer server, with CTLD to dynamically spawn them.

Annnnnnnd I can't remove a target once placed on a unit, clicking on it just selects the unit underneath, please have a look.

10 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Annnnnnnd I can't remove a target once placed on a unit, clicking on it just selects the unit underneath, please have a look.

After selecting the underlying unit, try a left-shift and click and that should select the target so you can remove it. Far from bug free.

On 7/24/2021 at 1:21 PM, Livers said:

After selecting the underlying unit, try a left-shift and click and that should select the target so you can remove it. Far from bug free.

Thanks, but that doesn't work for me, holding left click, even with LShift pressed, just moves the map around.