Mk-82 bomb damage changed?

DeathAngel1

I`ve noticed that after today`s update there are a change in Mk-82`s damage. Before the patch I could destroy unarmored taget without direct hit. Now that is impossible.

Now you can destoy trucks, APC, and other unarmored targets only with direct hit.

Its even more unrealistic. Mk-82 is 500 pounds (227 kg) bomb...and when i drop that bomb 1-2 meters to truck there are 0 (zero) damage to truck...:noexpression:

Game is DCS:FA-18C, latest OB update.

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

I just used the mk82 after the update and it worked just fine like always. I used it with the Hornet but i dont think that would make a difference. The only thing i noticed that you have to set the fuse settings correct, otherwise the bomb wouldnt explode

I `ve never changed anything in fuse settings before...and bombs was exploding well. How do you set fuse settings?

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

I never changed the fuse settings before either, but i saw my mk82 hit the ground without exploding. So i changed the fuse setting to nose fuse and then they worked. You can change the settings on the left side of the DDI when you have the 82 selected. (Fuze and Mfuze iirc)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

May be worth to actually go through the training missions and learn how it is done? As we have early access there are some things not yet (fully) implemented, so they may work now.

Later when systems and dependencies are added you actually need to do it correctly.

Mechanical fuse is OFF by default in all 5 Programms. Assuming a MFUSE you should set it to NOSE, so it detonates the bomb on impact...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

There is definitely something weird going on with the 82's now. I'm getting a lot of "duds" since today's update. When dropping a continuous string of ten bombs, the first ~6 will explode and the last 4 will be duds. When dropping singles and making damn sure CCIP and NOSE are selected, I have ~60% success rate. Some will explode, some won't. Haven't been able to figure out the pattern but I seam to have more failures when the bombs impact structures/buildings/etc. Higher success when dropping on open ground. Either ED implemented an extremely high failure rate or the 82's are bugged now.

Edit: this thread is in the wrong spot since DA1 was apparently using the F-18, and so was I.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...