More variety in anti-aircraft guns and anti-air artillery

JonathanRL

Currently, there is precious few anti aircraft guns and no anti-aircraft artillery in the base game of DCS World. It would be lovely if more could be added, esp as flak was still a pretty commonplace thing in the 50s and 60s with other kinds of anti-aircraft guns such as the Bofors

I want to have a varied threat environment in my campaigns and I can't expect people to own the WW2 Pack just to fly a campaign that does not take place in the time period.

Stuff like the KS 19, KS 30, M1 120mm, Bofors guns are needed, preferably alongside modern anti-aircraft vehicles from different countries.

signature.png

+1 We're missing a whole host of anti-aircraft guns left-right and centre. Plus much of the current AD assets are starting to lag behind in comparison to new, free assets

• Oerlikon GDF
  • AZP S-60
  • ZSU-57-2
  • ZPU-2/4 (preferably, in towed, technical and BTR-152A)
  • KS-19
  • KS-30
  • 90mm M2
  • 120mm M1
  • M51 Skysweeper

Plus associated equipment such as RADARs and directors where applicable.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Currently, there is precious few anti aircraft guns and no anti-aircraft artillery in the base game of DCS World. It would be lovely if more could be added, esp as flak was still a pretty commonplace thing in the 50s and 60s with other kinds of anti-aircraft guns such as the Bofors

I want to have a varied threat environment in my campaigns and I can't expect people to own the WW2 Pack just to fly a campaign that does not take place in the time period.

Stuff like the KS 19, KS 30, M1 120mm, Bofors guns are needed, preferably alongside modern anti-aircraft vehicles from different countries.

Heavy AAA is one of the reasons I have such mixed feelings about the World War II asset pack. I like including the bofors 40MM and 88MM flak in missions. I think this needs a community mod, espcially if we can do one up to DCS quality and ask them to include it.