So I built a head tracker...

Totally disagree with mosqui! Something satisfying about saving money and crafting something yourself and getting it tuned sweetly. Just takes some tweaking. For me it was the pointtracker calibration and relative translation settings in opentrack that sorted everything. My 3 LEDs are on the left of my head, so when I turn head right, the LEDs effeectively move closer to the camera, and further when I turn head left. the relative translation compensates for this effect.

As I said, you choose.

You spend your time adjusting hardware or enjoying the flight of your simulator.

My comment was only intended to help the community and it is not a problem of saving money, it is a matter of enjoying your love of simulators.

bye

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any experience with this face tracker? It actually works pretty will with a non-altered Logitech webcam I'm testing with.

https://github.com/AIRLegend/aitrack

I just can't seem to find any good sweet spots for the curves.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark