Technical

Matti0503

I was recently trying to make a mission where you need to strike an insurgent hideout but one of the vehicles that I was missing to really get the correct feel was a Technical but I couldn't find one in any of the factions. I feel like this would make a neat little addition for Mission Designers.

• 2 months later...

With the upcoming Syria map, we indeed really need this!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

:thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

Dimitriov’s French pack includes this:

Screen-200703-125355.png

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=279974

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I genuinely don't understand why it's apparently so difficult for ED to add a Technical, considering all the other assets they've added over time and the fact the Insurgent faction has been in DCS effectively forever, as it would give mission builders a nice little boost.

It's been requested for years.

Unless ED are planning some dynamic system to give variety, I really don't get it.

Dimitriov’s French pack includes this:

Even though many mods are true work of art, using them has disadvantages.

• Things tend to break after updates (most of the time not the modder's fault) and can even cause game breaking issues.
  • Using mods in missions, requires other users to also search, download and find out how to install these mods (and, when installing incorrectly, the chance of causing game breaking issues again).

Anyhow.. as for technicals, I'm pretty sure ED confirmed that they will be added to the core game somewhere in the near future. So I guess that'll make us all happy :thumbup:

System specs:

I genuinely don't understand why it's apparently so difficult for ED to add a Technical ... I really don't get it.

One day, try to create just a single ai vehicle for dcs ... maybe then you will realize the work and time required For doing so.

Even though many mods are true work of art, using them has disadvantages.

Things tend to break after updates (most of the time not the modder's fault) and can even cause game breaking issues.

True, but even a mission that uses no Mods can still break after game updates. Even DCS own missions sometimes break after an update.

Using mods in missions, requires other users to also search, download and find out how to install these mods (and, when installing incorrectly, the chance of causing game breaking issues again).

This is only if you are editing missions for other people to use; not if editing missions for your own use :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

One day, try to create just a single ai vehicle for dcs ... maybe then you will realize the work and time required For doing so.
That's a non-argument though, considering for a simple AI entry its basically:

• Chassis lua file in the database/chassis
  • Vehicle lua definition file in database/vehicle/ifv
  • New 3d model
  • Updated entries in other lua dictionaries, namely db_units_cars.lua

Not denying it's work, but it's a 3d model and some small lua entries. It's not even a new unit type, at abstract level it's no different from the Humvee that's already there.

It's really not too much to ask for.

Edited by Buzzles