Unique Carriers - 20 March 2020 Update

Wags

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 8:50 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

You missing the point here, when ED implememt all SC API, all 3rd parties can implement carrier crew, ATC, Ready Room, and othen SC funtionality on your assets, has HB, M3,etc without need pay nothing. ED has building SC API as a construction block to us them to implement Ground Crew on ships and bases and help to implement better infantry. ATC on Modern and WW2 carriers and bases, Briefing roms on Ground bases, include the other funtionality (example, control towers on bases similar to CAG station). That has not exclusive of SC payware module.

That is only a example.

This was a nice overview, thanks SD! Sometimes its hard to see progress, but if you read something like the "Official News 2021" topic from start to finish in one go, most would realize I am sure that the amount of progress is actually staggering. We got the mini-update on SC deck crew Sept 2021, and received the OB release barely 6 months later.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've been working on a Ford Class MOD. We are switching to a much better model in the near future. Ship works well as an ai asset but because DCS handles player and ai aircraft very differently and early mistakes with the model it's on hold for now as the new model is being made game ready. I was able to added the correct Ford weapons from currenthill's amazing US Modern Ship MOD. I may attempt something similar with the Nimitz class. Unfortunately to add CVN-76/77 would require a new model as others have pointed out those ships are "Reagan sub class" and have some of the planned Ford class upgrade "ideas" incorporated. I have updated spawn layouts for all of the Stock ED carriers. I will post them soon in the static unit ai forum.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...