[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hi, most users turn off the engine effect, I think its designed more for the prop planes......there is a setting adjuster on the 2nd page tab for this.

In jets, I find that in normal flight, you dont really want to be sitting in a vibrating chair and should only feel various effects when pulling, moving shooting, braking, landing etc....but thats just me.

Agreed! I leave the engine rumble/piston beat disabled for my generic Jet profile, which is then the baseline for all my jet modules to default to. For piston, I leave it on but pretty low and considering takinf it off the seat all together and only have it on the bass pucks now that I'm running 4 pucks.

The "Special Options" tab also has a piston engine rumble option. It has a "damp airborne piston engine rumble effect by X". If I understand it right this allows you to have more engine rumble on the ground in pistons then the air if you want to.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

In jets, I find that in normal flight, you dont really want to be sitting in a vibrating chair and should only feel various effects when pulling, moving shooting, braking, landing etc....but thats just me.

In all the jet fighters that I flew while in the USAF (F-111, F-100, A-37), there is no cockpit vibration when you are just cruising along.

The engine vibration in jets with the soundmodule is currently very basic. I turn it down to 5-10.

The "Special Options" tab also has a piston engine rumble option. It has a "damp airborne piston engine rumble effect by X". If I understand it right this allows you to have more engine rumble on the ground in pistons then the air if you want to.

Yes that's the idea.

Hi f4lo,

Since I am using SSA I get this Russian voice giving me warning calls when I descend to fast in any of the helo's. Initially I thought ED threw in a bug, but a bit of asking around here pointed me out to this thread here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195668&page=2

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that the audio file is actually some kind of old left over that gets triggered by SSA.

In the same thread (post 19) a solution is given to remove this sound. I tried this and it did seem to work fine. However, since last patch from ED, the Russian callouts are back.

I don't really understand how this works, but is there a way to permanently delete this audio warning? (it's pretty immersion breaking to get a Russian voice whilst flying an American Huey :P)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Loving my Jetseat, to the point that I'm thinking of adding the buttkicker. Couple of questions.

1.) Is it worth it?

2.) Is the sound module that works with Simshaker for Aviators the same as the Buttkicker Gamer2? I can get the BK G2 much quicker domestically in Australia, rather than buy the rebranded version from Russia.

Thanks!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hi f4lo,

Since I am using SSA I get this Russian voice giving me warning calls when I descend to fast in any of the helo's. Initially I thought ED threw in a bug, but a bit of asking around here pointed me out to this thread here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195668&page=2

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that the audio file is actually some kind of old left over that gets triggered by SSA.

In the same thread (post 19) a solution is given to remove this sound. I tried this and it did seem to work fine. However, since last patch from ED, the Russian callouts are back.

I don't really understand how this works, but is there a way to permanently delete this audio warning? (it's pretty immersion breaking to get a Russian voice whilst flying an American Huey :P)

Is that what this is, I had been wondering what it was causing that!! Was just about to start looking for what the problem was

Anything we can do to get rid of it?

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

Is that what this is, I had been wondering what it was causing that!! Was just about to start looking for what the problem was

Anything we can do to get rid of it?

Will be removed in the future. However, there should be a "Sound: Crew Voices" effect which can be disable...

Loving my Jetseat, to the point that I'm thinking of adding the buttkicker. Couple of questions.

1.) Is it worth it?

2.) Is the sound module that works with Simshaker for Aviators the same as the Buttkicker Gamer2? I can get the BK G2 much quicker domestically in Australia, rather than buy the rebranded version from Russia.

Thanks!

1. There are several people that run both. I don't personally because I feel like the JetSeat is already enough for my chair and the Buttkickets is just going to add more shakes that are zoned like the seat does causing the seat to be less informative. But to each his own.

2. Sound module is the same.

FWIW, with my JetSeat, I use bass pucks at my heels by my rudder pedals and on my center stick column by my knees which also causes a slight amount of stick shake.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

Thanks!

SimShaker Sound Module is not a rebranded version of the BK G2.

SimShaker Sound Module is a piece of software.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.) Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Let me try clear things up, I was as confused as you when I got into this so let’s see if I can shine a light on it...

1) hell yess it’s worth it, I have 1 but will be adding 2 more soon

2) here’s where it gets complex

So, the bk gamer 2 or bk sim kit (the one I have) are bass shakers driven by an amp. I recommend getting the amp that comes with the kits as they have a remote that really comes in handy

They are not vibration pads

Best to have 2 sound cards or use USB headphones (this leaves the onboard card to drive the bk)

They are fed from the audio outputs of your pc

You can just plug them in (through a splitter) and the normal sounds of the pc make the bk vibrate, you will need to set up a low pass filter (I use voice meter banana for this) if you are just going to run it through the audio jack alone. This is how I run mine when I play ArmA

The bass shakers are hardware driven by the pc

HOWEVER

The utter legends Andre and f410 have made this program for us and it’s epic. This is a software that drives the bass shakers in specific ways to achieve the effect

Sim Shaker for Aviators is the base program. You will need this. But this only drives vibe pads this one is free

You will need to buy Andre’s amazing SSA Sound Module/plug-in to make it run with dcs. You have to buy this one however there is a free demo version available that you can use to test to see if your set up is working

This module/plug-in is downloaded and installed as an extra program and run when ssa detects dcs running

Note, ssa wings is not for dcs, you will need the sound module

The reason is that the sound module (to my knowledge) takes the export info from dcs and plays an audio file to make the bk vibrate, mimicking the seat vibe pad things.

In the paid version you can adjust the differing levels of the different sound files that the program uses

You do not require either of these programs to use the bass shakers you can just drive them off the standard audio output, however every sound and noise will be played inc radio, jester, beeps and notifications the lot. ssa and the sound module will not play every sound rather it will only vibrate when something is happening to the airframe and thus be feelable for the pilot.

It’s the only way to play dcs with the level of immersion it yields

I’ll admit that I found the whole setup quite confusing, especially doing my research before purchasing but after receiving my bk sim kit and started working through it it all became clear.

It is completely worth it tho, the bk sim kit and g2 are essentially the same thing just different ways of going about it, one clamps onto the seat post the other mounts directly to the seat

ssa and ssm for dcs with the bk bass shakers it is simply amazing

Hope I cleared it up for you some what :)

Edited by PSYKOnz

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

The second sound card can be an inexpensive (less than $15) USB device, just plug it into a USB port. Then plug a 3.5mm to RCA Stereo Audio Cable into the USB sound card. The 2 RCA connections from the sound card then go to the input ports on the power amp. Then speaker wire from the amp output ports to the bass shaker.

You can buy other bass shakers (usually less expensive) than Buttkicker. I just bought a 200 watt amp and some Aurasound bass shakers for my system. You can do some Google searches and find plenty of different components. I got an amp from Parts Express that was built specifically for bass shakers. Lots of options, just look around.

Let me try clear things up, I was as confused as you when I got into this so let’s see if I can shine a light on it...

1) hell yess it’s worth it, I have 1 but will be adding 2 more soon

2) here’s where it gets complex...

Note he has a JetSest already so he should be fimilar with SSA, maybe not the sound module. I would love to hear from someone that has both a JetSeat and a ButtKicker if the extra seat rumble over the JetSeat is worth it. I like the extra zone effects I get with my bass pucks, but not sure if I need the extra seat shake. You did a good job of breaking down the differences and what it take to run a Buttkickets/Bass transducer!

...I just bought a 200 watt amp and some Aurasound bass shakers for my system...
Are you going to run a left/right channel since you have more than one shaker?

Yes, I am going to mount 2 of them under my seat, so will have stereo effects, if supported by the sound module. Both shakers are 50 watts, so the 200 watt amp has plenty of power. You can run 4 Aurasound shakers with that amp.

Yes, I am going to mount 2 of them under my seat, so will have stereo effects, if supported by the sound module. Both shakers are 50 watts, so the 200 watt amp has plenty of power. You can run 4 Aurasound shakers with that amp.
Excellent! Yes Sound Module definitely supports that and you will notice a difference on some of the effects.

Will be removed in the future. However, there should be a "Sound: Crew Voices" effect which can be disable...

Ah yes, thank you!

I wouldn't expect this option in between the vibration settings. Maybe you could consider moving it to the special options tab.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Ah yes, thank you!

I wouldn't expect this option in between the vibration settings. Maybe you could consider moving it to the special options tab.

Na, I'll remove it. It's from a ancient version :)

1. There are several people that run both. I don't personally because I feel like the JetSeat is already enough for my chair and the Buttkickets is just going to add more shakes that are zoned like the seat does causing the seat to be less informative. But to each his own.

2. Sound module is the same.

FWIW, with my JetSeat, I use bass pucks at my heels by my rudder pedals and on my center stick column by my knees which also causes a slight amount of stick shake.

Once it’s all set up and working properly, I think the buttkicker would be good for the thumps and clunks, and leave the jet seat for The vibrations. Some of the effects need tweaking to get this at happening at it’s best potential.........

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Maybe we could keep it as an easter egg?
it's the first lesson in "Learning Russian with Andre"!

Is the A2A basket/boom connect event exported by DCS?
Most of the aircraft have light that come on, not sure what else could work. The fuel going to a positive flow would probably be too delayed. But I agree, this is one of the differences between the SimShaker versions. You get a bump when it connects in BMS which can be handy to know.