Rescue of prisoners

I'm not a great mission editor, but I want to share this one with UH-1H lovers. It involves rescuing a group of six officers from the Marine Corps. I have two versions for this mission, multiplayer and single player. I have decided to share the multiplayer version, so the option of receiving air support and defense from both sides will depend on the number of players participating in the mission. It is possible to carry out the extraction without air support by entering through the appropriate point, but it is not objective for this to be said by the person who edits the mission and knows where the threats are, so it is realistic to carry out the mission with air support. The prisoners are within a few meters of the enemy guard corps, making it impossible to activate the gunners. To enter the area it is necessary to disembark an assault group made up of 5 men who will do the job of cleaning the infantry area. The assault group would have to cross the line of fire of a SA-19 ​​Tunguska and a BTR, so without air support, those two targets would be a high priority. Each UH-1H, three in total, has an assault group of five soldiers and five individual manpads for tactical landing and covering the entire route, leaving them at key points. The landing of the assault group would take place in the demolition area a few meters from the extraction point. In the landing area we will see a UH-1H and a navy support vehicle shot down. In that display the six captured officers were traveling. After disembarking the assault group, the priority is SA-19 ​​Tunguska and BTR. There is a T-90 to the SOUTH, but if we don't fly very high, the terrain will cover us. We will not be able to fly through populated areas because there are insurgent manpad and RPGs. The entire journey will be between mountains, through low points. Here comes the tactic and skill of each pilot.

EDIT: Multiplayer version withdrawn from downloads. Single player version added.

Updated 08/14/2020

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kiByYKFp8ZyJQD4BbJ-qzpNuR0dUH_aO/view?usp=sharing

If there is something wrong, or something to add, suggestions are welcome. Luck!

Edited by La Unión | Atazar

Yes please. One more for the SP version

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kiByYKFp8ZyJQD4BbJ-qzpNuR0dUH_aO/view?usp=sharing

Updated August 14, 2020

Here is the Simple Player version, it includes a Ka-50 defending the prison camp.

Now it is mandatory to deploy the manpad at strategic points to cover you throughout the mission.

Each UH-1H has 5 individual Manpad to disembark at strategic points.

If you want, I can add air support, but it would be too easy if a Hornet shoots down all threats.

The latest update appears to have affected the infantry. Now he does strange things when boarding. Start spinning around senselessly without obeying the waypoint and scheduled action. Sorry if this breaks the mission.

Two updates ago it worked perfect.

EDIT: I have had to update the mission because the infantry option (custom) is giving problems. The group is out of sync. I have changed this option to the option (off road) and it seems to obey better.

(Customize) causes the group to disperse away from the points and actions to be performed. It becomes imprecise.

It is now available for download.

[ATTACH]243375[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Atazar,

Thank you for sharing your mission. I just tried it. Some friendly supportive feedback:

1. It might be a language translation thing, but to me it's not entirely clear what I need to do. Well, obviously it's about saving prisoners :P, but I don't know how I am supposed to actually achieve this. I tried just flying towards the enemy camp (heading 333), but got shot down about half way by something I never saw coming. Maybe you could add some more explanation to the briefing text.
  2. I understand that for immersion sake, you've hidden all units on the F10 map. However, by doing so, it is very difficult for the player to make some sort of mission plan. Also, in VR the briefing pictures are difficult to read, so it would help a lot to at least see my own base, the planned waypoints and the target area in the mission planner.
  3. There are also client slots for other aircraft. Is that done on purpose? The briefing didn't mention it.
  4. In the main base camp, I see a lot of potential sling load cargo. Do I need to do anything with that and would that help freeing the prisoners? Or are they just placed there as static decoration objects? (in which case, you'd better untag the "can be cargo" option in the mission editor)
  5. Upon loading the mission, the DCS theme song was played. I think I'm not alone here when I say, it's better to leave that out.

Sorry if I sound negative. Certainly not my intention, as I applaud anyone who tries to contribute to the community :thumbup:

Oh, by the way, I liked your base camp. Nice and busy and yet not too heavy on framerate :thumbup:

Maybe you could add some moving ground units, to make it even more alive.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hi Atazar,

Thank you for sharing your mission. I just tried it. Some friendly supportive feedback:

1. It might be a language translation thing, but to me it's not entirely clear what I need to do. Well, obviously it's about saving prisoners :P, but I don't know how I am supposed to actually achieve this. I tried just flying towards the enemy camp (heading 333), but got shot down about half way by something I never saw coming. Maybe you could add some more explanation to the briefing text.
  2. I understand that for immersion sake, you've hidden all units on the F10 map. However, by doing so, it is very difficult for the player to make some sort of mission plan. Also, in VR the briefing pictures are difficult to read, so it would help a lot to at least see my own base, the planned waypoints and the target area in the mission planner.
  3. There are also client slots for other aircraft. Is that done on purpose? The briefing didn't mention it.
  4. In the main base camp, I see a lot of potential sling load cargo. Do I need to do anything with that and would that help freeing the prisoners? Or are they just placed there as static decoration objects? (in which case, you'd better untag the "can be cargo" option in the mission editor)
  5. Upon loading the mission, the DCS theme song was played. I think I'm not alone here when I say, it's better to leave that out.

Sorry if I sound negative. Certainly not my intention, as I applaud anyone who tries to contribute to the community :thumbup:

Oh, by the way, I liked your base camp. Nice and busy and yet not too heavy on framerate :thumbup:

Maybe you could add some moving ground units, to make it even more alive.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks mate. Yes, maybe it is incomplete information and without waypoints, because my initial intention was to add an ADF both in the enemy camp and in the base camp since the UH-1H does not really have GPS capability and marking the current point on the kneeboard is unreal. . So I added a map of the enemy camp with the threats and their range. You were probably shot down by a T-90 or a Tunguska. In the updated version there is also a Ka-50. I understand that for those who do not know the position of the threats it is suicide. I will try to create a graphical route or add route points. I will remove the music at startup and other suggestions before uploading the updated file. Thank you very much! I forgot it! I kept the rest of the planes in client mode in case someone wanted to share a mission with their friends and have access to air support to take care of the armored vehicles or have a real defense on the red side, but this is optional.

This is the Briefing. Obviously it may be very poorly translated, but it has all the information. Entering heading 330 does not mean going straight, you have to use the mountains for cover and enter through the lowest points outside the range of the armor. (See photo) During the entire route, Manpad must be deployed at tactical points to protect us from the Ka-50. The briefing photo shows the entire area with hostile areas marked in red. You have to avoid flying high through populated areas because there is Manpad and RPG. If in the mission we do not receive air support, we will find a Ka-50 and three armored vehicles. Ka-50 priority 1. If it is not knocked down it is impossible to enter. Tunguska priority 2, if it is not demolished it will be impossible to access the extraction point. There are also photos of the position of the tanks. I feel like I should accompany all of this with copilot audios, but I don't speak English :(

***BRIEFING***

It is necessary to clear the area using air support air naval units securing the airspace and air-ground attack units for a precision attack. With the area clear, the UH-1H rescue team will be able to access the camp by disembarking a tactical assault group a few meters from the extraction point, remain in place and wait for the area to be secured. The extraction point is located on Lake Minab, 8 miles heading 330 from the Logistics Base. Access to the camp will be through a safe area, using the terrain and mountains as protection. IMPORTANT!!! It is important to access the extraction point with the gunners in ceasefire mode so as not to fire on the prisoners.

***IMPORTANT***

In the absence of air support, each UH-1H unit has a group of six Manpads for tactical landing at assigned points and an ASSAULT Group made up of five soldiers in charge of carrying out the incursion and cleaning the area. This does not guarantee secure access and its effectiveness depends on the accuracy of its deployment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ASSAULT GROUP LANDING INSTRUCTIONS Entrance to the ***RUMBO 125*** extraction point. In the area are the remains of a downed American helicopter. This will be the landing point for the Strike Group.

***After disembarking***, ***if we have not received air support and there are armor in the area***, we will attack SA-19 ​​Tunguska with priority using the terrain as a shield for a surprise attack. In case we have received air support, we will simply wait for the Assault Group to clear the area to access the extraction point, board the prisoners and return to the Logistics Base. AWACS: 251 AM CVN-71: 127.5 AM. TACAN 1X. ILS 1.

I have already removed the music from the beginning. As soon as it is updated, I will attach a plan with the entry path to the extraction point and share the file.

In the photo of the briefing, the map of the entire area appears with the range of the T-90. It is possible to enter through the side of the dam and cover yourself with the mountains.

I have tried to explain the entry in picture, but this destroys the multiplayer mission because it reveals the red coalition where we entered.

It is not necessary to leave the Manpads at the exact point, they can be left in close proximity and they go to their area alone.

But leaving the Manpads at a great distance from their established area can cause their death or that they do not fulfill their function.

[ATTACH]244233[/ATTACH]

Sorry, for some reason the infantry is not doing its duty. Depending on whether I hide the units on the map or select the (off-road) or (custom) units, their behavior changes to the point of scattering, stopping, and doing some pretty strange things. Two updates ago it worked perfect. After a full day of testing, I have failed to get the (Strike Group) to accomplish its mission. If someone understands more about the subject, they can modify or fix it. The base is ready, you just need to make it work.

The role of the (Assault Group) is to advance on the ground to a safe assigned point outside enemy range. Attack enemies within range and standby until 50% of enemies in the area are downed. At that point the group should RESUME and advance to the next waypoint to finish the job, release the prisoners, and board. The problem is that if I place the units (off-road) they move in line, one behind the other, without covering the whole area, but if I place them in (custom) (diamond) mode (on the left) the group is dispersed throughout the exercise, gets lost very far from the assigned waypoint and never embarks on the transport.