LSO grades differ when calling ball?

Fehrnet

After practicing a few dozen, maybe like 50-70 recoveries, I’ve noticed when I call the ball I almost always get a wave off from the LSO, even when I’m flying in the middle of the E bracket with supposedly ok AoA. If I violate protocol and don’t call the ball, I can get a grade C, 3 wire recovery no problem (obviously not good but hey, it’s a recovery).

I’ve also boltered and the LSO graded it B 2 wire lol. How is that possible?

Is there a difference between how the LSO is guiding you or however it is called, when you call the ball?

I think you won't get waved off if you don't call the ball, because you never technically started a pass as far as DCS is concerned. The LSO only starts evaluating and yelling at you after you make that first ball call. It sounds likely that you would have gotten waved off on most of the passes where you didn't call the ball and trapped... if you had called the ball and triggered the LSO to do his thing.

Proper comms (at least, per the game) seem to be important to the supercarrier module. The deck is configured, lights are set, crewmembers are positioned based on a script of comms. Miss a call and you're now off script and can expect anomalies like an LSO who's out to lunch.