What Aircraft Next??

dokken1212

Hi guys and girls,

Not sure if I am posting in the correct part of the forum. Apologies if not. I am currently flying the FA18 and want to move to a new aircraft. I have in my armoury the Harrier, F14, Mirage and Viggen. I know the Viggen a little. But am looking for recommendations as to what aircraft to fly next long-term that is in my armoury?. I enjoy ground attack more than Air to Air and use DCS Liberation as my mission generator.

Time is limited at the moment too, so I guess I am also looking at which one is quickest out the box, or maybe what one is worth spending time on learning due to it's excellence/flexibility?

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm not too sure which aircraft to go with at the moment!!!

Thanks you in advance for your help :-)

All the very best

Edited by dokken1212

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Thermaltake 360 AIO Water Cooler

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz RGB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080 Super [ NVIDIA]

512GB Adata M2 NVME (boot drive)

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Corsair RM850x Power Supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Case

Samsung 43" 4K Smart TV (used as monitor)

TRACK IR 5 + Wireless DelanClip Head Tracker

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

If you prefer A2G over A2A and time is limited, the Harrier will suit you most imho. The Harrier is roughly the same generation as the Hornet, so the conversion will be easy. Similar weapons are available, but fewer of them, since the plane is much smaller. Its A2A capabilties are limited since it has no BVR capability. But if you can make it into a dogfight. VIFFing can be quiet funny.

As written above, the Harrier could be a good option. If you want a really complete aircraft module, try the A-10C. You won't find a better ground pounder. Lots of AG weapons, long loiter time, almost no fuel consumption, easy to fly, lots of systems to learn. :D

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack