microhelis.de simulation controllers review and discussion

Hi Trip,

I feel like the 3D printed texture is more visible on the Huey collective than my EC cyclic.

do you mean the parts in the base?

They are printed in ABS, and yes, they have visible print structure.

All visible parts of our controls will be delivered in painted PA SLS print.

regards / gruesse yogi

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@nrgized Nice! How does it feel?

I feel like the 3D printed texture is more visible on the Huey collective than my EC cyclic. Are the pictures exaggerating that?

Pretty sweet, I was wanting the Huey cyclic until I found out about Gazelle multi crew and went that direction instead.

It feels good. I'm still waiting on my cyclic, its been pushed two weeks back, before I can build a platform and hook everything up. Only information I can provide is without it hooked up.

Pros:

• Packaging was great no worries once I had the box open.
  • I'm a little surprised at how light it is. I expected it to weight more. Don't take that to mean it feels fragile though.
  • The tubing is solid, looks like 1/8 in, and wont bend or dent unless you were to swing it like a baseball bat at something.
  • The button box is nice 3d printed material with a slight fine sandpaper grit texture.
  • The buttons feel solid including the start trigger.
  • The base has very tight tolerances. I would say that even with the eventual wear it should hold up with little play.

Cons:

• The coolie hat is a dangerous weapon with how pointy it is :) I might take some heat and melt some of the tip into a ball or just file a little of it down. I actually was surprised when I looked at pictures of the real button and how pointy it is. However the real one does have a small ball like tip to it.
  • Instructions! I understand a lot of people that make/use these sort of things tend to have certain knowledge of things. I do not and while I don't mind having to learn, a pointer of where to start would be much appreciated. The new tutorial section on the website is a great first start providing that!

I can't wait till I can fire this baby up. Yogi did a great job. Despite the language barrier there was good communication throughout the ordering process.

We all know the flight sim gear market is small and when you find a provider things can be expensive and/or take forever to get in your hands.

I was willing to pay a premium for a quality item in a reasonable time frame and I'm glad that's what I got.

I'd buy from microhelis again, thanks yogi!

Hi,

:music_whistling:

yes, the coolie-hat is not like the original.

But that can be changed.

IMG_0592.thumb.JPG.0aa60c0db9db31914d1488650457209a.JPG

We got an original collective head and the next orders will get an better replica.

If you want, I can send these 2 parts with your other order.

regards / gruesse yogi

The UH1H collective arrived this week. I will need to modify it to fit in my own pit but should be a good addition over the current 206 collective from OE-XAM.

I still feel that there are some improvements that can be made with weight and finish that would make this comparable to a commercially released product i.e. TM Warthog.

But I can say this to anyone who wants to fly Helo's as accurately as possible, using a collective makes a huge difference. Will post some pictures later once it is mounted.

Yogi, the box arrived damaged (badly) but everything was bubble wrapped so well, there was no damage. Agree with nrgized that the coolie hat is a lethal weapon.

Edited by X93355

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Hi,

yes, the coolie-hat is not like the original.

But that can be changed.

[ATTACH]159173[/ATTACH]

We got an original collective head and the next orders will get an better replica.

If you want, I can send these 2 parts with your other order.

Hey yogi those look great! Yes please I would love those included with my other order.

I also wanted to let folks know, hooking up the wiring is ridiculously easy. A tiny flat head screwdriver and three minutes and it's done. The only catch is which button is what number is random so if you are OCD and want them all numbered nice and neat that will take some time.

Mind that this doesn't affect functionality since you bind the buttons by just clicking so it doesn't matter what number each button is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

I've gotta post that review, loving the Cyclic Yogi! My 90 year old dad was impressed too.

@Yogi can you give dimensions for the two pedal sets you offer? My temporary pedal rig didn't work out so I'm semi-desperate for at least the mechanism. I will probably still want to make replica Gazelle pedals but also considering the ones you have in your store given my satisfaction with your Cyclic.

I've got my MFG Crosswinds mounted now which work great so I can fly, but they are too wide for my center console so I had to remove the actual pedals =(. Also they are a bit too close to me to be comfortable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all fans of blades, @TripRodriguez thanks a lot for starting this topic. I`m looking for some staff for my "office" and this place is very helpfull now, not only for me I think.

@yogi149 I have a questions, I consider to buy collective stick only, let me know what parts I must order to have full operant stick ready to work? What about about price for optional throttle [Drehgriff für Throttle (90°) vorbereitet für (optionalen) Drehgeberfor] EC-120 or 2 throttles for EC-135?

Another question for Yogi: Will we be able to select which button on the cyclic is the force trim release when the base becomes available?

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Another question for Yogi: Will we be able to select which button on the cyclic is the force trim release when the base becomes available?

Hi heloguy,

at moment I connect the buttons I need to the arduino instead to the BBI.

On the Arduino there will be some numbered pins assigned for programmed functions. Which button you choose will be according to your own taste. :music_whistling:

At moment test phase is just delayed. (nearly before finishing:cry:)

Some weeks ago our freelance assistant for production had to leave us, he had made himself too much stress and has thrown our schedule into disarray.:mad:

Because of the stress, the quality of the products were no longer correct, and some tools became unusable.

However, he did not want to go to a doctor to control his condition and so we decided for a separation. I myself had a heart attack two years ago and could not understand this behavior.

To avoid stress again we have to reorganize our schedule, but we are on a good way. When the reorg is complete, I think that we can reach a delivery time of approximately 30 days.

regards / gruesse yogi

Hey yogi, a myocardial infarction is serious business, I hope your not working too hard :). I'm sure with things a bit chaotic order to ship times are delayed. Do you have updated turn around times by any chance? (assuming an order for a complete build, and all necessary components).

Thanks Yogi. Hopefully your situation improves, and try not to work too hard! This is all in the name of fun when you boil it down.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

In the immortal words of Sweet Brown...ain't nobody got time for that!

Take care of yourself.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 4 weeks later...

Yogi, are you still working? I have not been able to reach you via both email addresses

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Yogi, are you still working? I have not been able to reach you via both email addresses

more than ever, I think.

Sorry for late answers and bad response.

The circumstances shouldn't be an excuse for non communicating.:cry:

Some customers know about the issues, but the leaving of my employee results not only in reduce the manpower. Unfortunately he leaves some tools in nonworking condition, so they have to be refurbished too.

Additionally I have to build a paint both, because I do not want to use colors with solvent in our workplace, like he did before leaving.:mad:

20170408_183741-k.thumb.jpg.1ea8e885592f05476d89558735906bee.jpg

20170501_171112-k.thumb.jpg.a5245ca43838f27b1582484310123484.jpg

inlet filter, particle trap, particle filter and activated carbon filter in front of the outgoing blower.

20170501_174708-k.thumb.jpg.78d16bcb3f5f6661a6d731a4b3001e44.jpg

20170501_192345-k.thumb.jpg.7d5781635817a150539b9b70fb7231ce.jpg

now I can restart the business and ask for only a little more patience.

I know that all these "excuses" sound familiar to some of you, but I think that this was our last try with employees.

If the business grows, as we hope, more part manufacturing will be outsourced.

• Like 1

regards / gruesse yogi

Understood. Can I please get a valid response as to time frame?

Bestellung 20170074

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Combed through this thread and the website itself, I think I understand what parts need to be ordered etc but could one of you have already been through the purchase and assembly make a simple post including a list of the exact items needed in the checkout process for a complete set of

-Uh1 Collective

-Uh1 Cyclic

As many have stated paying top $ for premium products is the only way to spend top $ but I would hate to make a simple mistake and pay or not pay for a required item only to find out on install I need to make another order lol

Ill re phrase, are these the correct parts

-collective stick

-collective base

-Throttlegeber UH

-Button Box

-Joystick Controller***Note when trying to select this item an Error reports on the website saying quantity is not avail...

Cyclic parts

-1 cyclic stick

-1 cyclic basis

-button box

-joystick controller***same error as above

its noted 1 button box and joystick controller per cockpit so would i be correct in assuming that the order would look something like this for the complete UH1 setup..

-collective sick

-throttlegeber UH

-cyclic stick

-cycic base

- 1 Button Box

- 1 Joystick controller

Edited by acdelta57

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Hi acdelta57,

this last list is nearly correct.

You forget the collective base.

The new joystick controller are order but didn't arrive yet.:cry:

When they arrive, there will be a new item in the shop. Leo Bodnar created an breakout matrix board, that can be attached to the joystick controller to make the using of all 32 button very easy. Matrix_Board_09.jpg

sorry for answering so rare, but those damn days have only 24 hours.:huh:

And yesterday I got an additional workspace to get the look for my visible aluminum parts better.

20170511_114110.thumb.jpg.4b3c6a25fbee676ddf75505a05b67b98.jpg

my first try with glass bead blasting

index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=274')

Edited by yogi149

regards / gruesse yogi

Nice results Yogi, on the bead blasting! Are things starting to get nearly caught up?

I almost ordered one of those breakout boards myself to add, but I'm afraid I would have a difficult time installing it to my bodnar joystick board. =(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]