DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Ciribob,

Has anyone else reported simple radio issues after updating Windows 10 with the latest update? My friend updated yesterday and has not been able to join Simple Radio Since.

What logs would help you?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Ciribob,

Has anyone else reported simple radio issues after updating Windows 10 with the latest update? My friend updated yesterday and has not been able to join Simple Radio Since.

What logs would help you?

Sierra

I'll try upgrading tonight and see if I have any issues. Not heard anything yet.

If you could send me his SimpleRadio client logs as well as the windows error reporter logs that would be very helpful!

As a first step i'd reinstall .net 4.5 and double check input and output devices as their ids might have changed. Might also be worth going into windows firewall and manually removing SRS so that it's re-added correctly when run.

Anyone know how to turn down the volume in the Mirage?

Check the linked video - Should take you to the right section:

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi CiriBob...

A low grade request: Is it possible to have a volume control on the Ka-50 VHF2 R-800l1 Radio....

DCS Ka-50 only have a volume control for the VHF-1 R-828.

Strange I know but a pain when both are in use.... with ?R plugged to TS a workaround can be made by increasing the TS audio volume of individuals on VHF-2 and deceasing the overall windows volume to get the right balance but with SR standalone this is not possible....

In real life if the Ka-50 does not have a volume for VHF-2 I would soon have the crew chief stick in an in-line pot to the relative feed....

Incidentally SR is as stable a rock now....

Good luck...

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

Great project!

I got a question, what does this 'Allow players export' exactly do? I haven't changed my advanced server settings for a while and when i enable that option the export.lua (on the server) no longer seems to function. It sends some UDP data locally, not using ports 5002 or 5010.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Hi CiriBob...

A low grade request: Is it possible to have a volume control on the Ka-50 VHF2 R-800l1 Radio....

DCS Ka-50 only have a volume control for the VHF-1 R-828.

Strange I know but a pain when both are in use.... with ?R plugged to TS a workaround can be made by increasing the TS audio volume of individuals on VHF-2 and deceasing the overall windows volume to get the right balance but with SR standalone this is not possible....

In real life if the Ka-50 does not have a volume for VHF-2 I would soon have the crew chief stick in an in-line pot to the relative feed....

Incidentally SR is as stable a rock now....

Good luck...

Yeah its been bugging me for a while. I can't find a volume control anywhere in the cockpit... Because of the way the system is written, I cant give you volume control without letting you also change the radio frequency...

In the interim, I could assign it to the same control as VHF1? Or can you find the control? :)

Great project!

I got a question, what does this 'Allow players export' exactly do? I haven't changed my advanced server settings for a while and when i enable that option the export.lua (on the server) no longer seems to function. It sends some UDP data locally, not using ports 5002 or 5010.

From the API docs from ED:

These calls are only available on clients when LoIsOwnshipExportAllowed() (Players export) is true:
   Export.LoGetPlayerPlaneId
   Export.LoGetIndicatedAirSpeed
   Export.LoGetAngleOfAttack
   Export.LoGetAngleOfSideSlip
   Export.LoGetAccelerationUnits
   Export.LoGetVerticalVelocity
   Export.LoGetADIPitchBankYaw
   Export.LoGetTrueAirSpeed
   Export.LoGetAltitudeAboveSeaLevel
   Export.LoGetAltitudeAboveGroundLevel
   Export.LoGetMachNumber
   Export.LoGetRadarAltimeter
   Export.LoGetMagneticYaw
   Export.LoGetGlideDeviation
   Export.LoGetSideDeviation
   Export.LoGetSlipBallPosition
   Export.LoGetBasicAtmospherePressure
   Export.LoGetControlPanel_HSI
   Export.LoGetEngineInfo

Export.LoGetSelfData --- Allows SimpleRadio to get plane type and therefore cockpit status

Export.LoGetCameraPosition
   Export.LoSetCameraPosition
   Export.LoSetCommand
   Export.LoGetMCPState
   Export.LoGetRoute
   Export.LoGetNavigationInfo
   Export.LoGetPayloadInfo
   Export.LoGetWingInfo
   Export.LoGetMechInfo
   Export.LoGetRadioBeaconsStatus
   Export.LoGetVectorVelocity
   Export.LoGetVectorWindVelocity
   Export.LoGetSnares
   Export.LoGetAngularVelocity
   Export.LoGetHeightWithObjects
   Export.LoGetFMData

Basically if you disable Ownship export I can't work out what aircraft you're in so I can't extract the data from the radios as I don't know where they are. No harm in Allowing Player Export and Helios users will also be happy as disabling it stops that as well :)

Didn't manage to get round to doing a release tonight but changelog should be:

• Possible fix for stuttering when receiving on multiple radios - Please report if it doesnt!
  • C101 - New Incockpit radios working - Front and Rear but radio selector only works in the front
  • Fixing naming of Gazelle Radios
  • Added encryption to FM and UHF Radio on Gazelle - Thanks Wolf5!
  • Reduced audio sample frequency to 16000, smaller packet size

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Yeah its been bugging me for a while. I can't find a volume control anywhere in the cockpit... Because of the way the system is written, I cant give you volume control without letting you also change the radio frequency...

In the interim, I could assign it to the same control as VHF1? Or can you find the control? :)

There is no DCS modelled volume control for VHF2, volume control for VHF1 though.. reality I do not know but find it hard to believe the VHF2 audio is at a fixed volume.

Its the ability to differentiate by volume dependent on net traffic that's missing in DCS.

If ATC is on VHF2 your stuck with that volume, sure drop volume on VHF1 but not the other way around...

If it is assign it to the same control as VHF1 presumably this would just give you an overall control of VHF 1 & 2 which is available in Windows OS anyway..

Thanks for coming back.... maybe something in the future may present its self...

SIGBLOCK.png

There is no DCS modelled volume control for VHF2, volume control for VHF1 though.. reality I do not know but find it hard to believe the VHF2 audio is at a fixed volume.

Its the ability to differentiate by volume dependent on net traffic that's missing in DCS.

If ATC is on VHF2 your stuck with that volume, sure drop volume on VHF1 but not the other way around...

If it is assign it to the same control as VHF1 presumably this would just give you an overall control of VHF 1 & 2 which is available in Windows OS anyway..

Thanks for coming back.... maybe something in the future may present its self...

I'll have a think. As part of the GCI work I'm going to have to rewrite a lot so I will make it so that there are independent settings for volume control for aircraft that dont have them (or they dont work)

Hi, I'm using a Tusba (http://realsimulator.com/html/tusba.html) for my Throttle and I have a problem with simple radio. I'd like to use the hat normally allocated to the radios in the F-16 with simple radios as well but it doesn't recognise the hat as 4 separate buttons. Only as one swicth always on. Is there any way around that ?

Is the switch actually a 4 way POV - I.e on the windows game controller panel it appears as a POV not in the list of buttons? If so, when assigning a POV it'll just say POV for all the keybinds which ever way you push it, for the minute you'll just have to remember which way you pushed but it will differentiate.

If its not a POV and the button is just held down, try assigning a modifier so SRS only sees it when both the POV and the modifier are pressed.

Testing Required - Updated 11/08/16 08:58 GMT

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/raw/1b8096d6911ebe494d76fb880d2e6f938020ece7/install-build/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.zip

If you'd like to help, before I release the next version could anyone test this version with a small group? You'll need to update the server and client and only the test version will work against it. What I need tested is muliple people speaking at once (or just holding transmit) and telling me if you still get the tiny stutter between speakers words. This version is also signed which should mean Windows doesn't come up with the unknown application anymore.

DO NOT USE THIS TESTING VERSION AGAINST THE RELEASE VERSION - It wont work and may break stuff :)

Edited by Ciribob

Cant get Simple Radio to work.

Install - ok

Manual install to saved games - ok. 3 Folders (DCS, alpha and beta) have same files.

Export.lua - ok. Line is added.

In Simple Radio connection - ok.

Oeverlay shows Unknow and No radio and red dots. Even when DCS running and radios switched on.

I have

Latest Open Beta, Win 8,1, Simpel radio standalone

Install - ok

Manual install to saved games - ok. 3 Folders (DCS, alpha and beta) have same files.

Oeverlay shows Unknow and No radio and red dots. Even when DCS running and radios switched on.

I have

Same with me. Everything looks good but its not connecting to the game for some reason.

Install - ok

I have

Hey, maybe by accident the export.lua that is edited with the line is the one of the stable DCS and not the OpenBeta?

Cause there are different folders (DCS & DCS OpenBeta) inside the Saved Games folder.

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Installed SimpleRadio last night 1.5 Stable, latest download update off your site, Message #1, this thread. I used the installer .exe I typed in the suggested added line to the export.lua in scripts. Added rest of the suggested files in your ReadMe to the Program Files folder your install .exe created.

Using Windows 7 Pro. Norton 360 (Norton Security with Backup) and MalwareBytes Pro (paid version), both are always on.

In game it works fine. I set a PTT button on my Fighterstick.

I receive OK. I did not try the microphone in game. I tested my setup using the mike using the "preview audio" push button, offline, not in game. I can hear myself. I listened in to the Red side flyboys BuddySpike server Operation:BlueFlag in game on MP.

Server IP : 5.189.162.17

For Ka-50 : Channel 126 AM VHF2

Only negative issue is my frame rates are way down. I added a SSD unique to DCS World and a new video card couple weeks ago. I am fine on the Nevada map 2.0 on the F99th's server. Don't know, yet, if the really slow frame rates is due to SimpleRadio or not.

(I tried to do it JSGME manually with no luck.)

Nice!

DCSW gonna' buy your idea? Some of you guys, probably most of you, are light years ahead of me with creative ideas for game improvements.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Install - ok

I have

Same with me. Everything looks good but its not connecting to the game for some reason.

Same for me aswell...

tried everything like firewall, diffrent folders, install as admin and without, cleared registry...

Nothing has worked till now.

If you're having trouble, please post a screenshot of your saved games/DCS/scripts folder

Please also post your export.lua from that folder in this thread.

Which server did you all try connecting too as the overlay won't show a radio frequency until connected?

JSGME is not required as you should not be touching any of your DCS installation folder.

Please also post your client radio logs and the version of SimpleRadio you're using. Right click on the client and go properties to see the version.

Which antivirus and windows version will also help?

Sorry for the trouble, we'll get there :)

You can also try the testing version linked above but you'll only be able to connect to a local server on 127.0.0.1 to test the dcs sync is ok

I'll have a think......

Thanks CB...

If you'd like to help, before I release the next version could anyone test this version with a small group?

I'll try and gather up some folks and give it try coming back to you at the end of the weekend..

SIGBLOCK.png

Updated my Meassage #489 as an edit.

Sorry I'm confused. Is it working ok for you or are you saying no one can hear you?

Thanks CB...

I'll try and gather up some folks and give it try coming back to you at the end of the weekend..

Thanks! :)

Works great!

Ah great! :D

Testing Required - Updated 11/08/16 08:58 GMT

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/raw/1b8096d6911ebe494d76fb880d2e6f938020ece7/install-build/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.zip

New version for testing. Should fix stutter and be more bandwidth friendly.

DO NOT USE THIS TESTING VERSION AGAINST THE RELEASE VERSION - It wont work and may break stuff :)

Edited by Ciribob

I ran into a few problems a couple of days before and found out some interesting things:

If any of you had DCS Beta installed and then used the updater commands to convert it into the Stable version or Alpha to Stable (yes, that is possible), there are some things to look out for.

First is the saved games folder which contains iterations of every DCS version you have/had installed. If you change your version from Beta to Stable, it seems that the Stable version "collects" data from your "\saved games\dcs.openbeta". Now SRS is installing it's files into "\saved games\DCS" and that probably conflicts.

If you run into problems cross-check your installation folder for a text file name "dcs_variant.txt". That file needs to contain nothing, it has to be empty as it is directly linked to your "\saved games\" folder-iteration.

This will create a new savegame called "DCS" and you can just copy everything from your "DCS.openbeta" folder to the one for the Stable version. Run a repair, re-install SRS and you should be finde.

Please double-check as that file may link to the wrong savegame and cause problems.

Edited by Jester Darrak