DCS Holiday Sale

Gloom Demon

The DCS News Letter about the DCS Holiday Sale states that

"For those in the Eurasian Economic Community, the sale will start 30 December till until 02 January 2016."

I don't want to be picky, however the Eurasian Economic Community has been canceled in 2014. Since 1st of January, 2015 there is a new international organization called the Eurasian Economic Union. The participating nations are somewhat different, - the Eurasian Economic Community had:

1. Byelarus

2. Kazakhstan

3. The Kyrgiz Republic (I might be misspelling this - sorry fellow Kyrgiz pilots!)

4. Russia

5. Tadzhikistan

The Eurasian Economic Union, however, is comprised of:

1. Byelorus

2. Kazakhstan

3. The Kyrgiz Republic

4. Russia

5. Armenia

This might be a source of confusement and misunderstanding.

Personally, I think that the term "Former Soviet Union countries" would serve the purpose better - after all, these countries share the same problems and are, approximately, in the same economic situation which, I think, primarily led to the decision by the ED to make separate pricing for them in the first place. And separate sale dates too.

From this point of view - the absence of such countries as Ukraine and Georgia from the list of eligible participants of the sale for other former USSR countries is a bit strange to me. (Unlike most of Europe which celebrates Christmas on the 24th of December, in the former Soviet Union the main holiday is the New Year's Day).

I hope my post does not cause another political turmoil on the forum - it is just a suggestion to make the ED West-post Soviet countries division of the pricing policy and sales timing a bit more sensible.

I really have no clue where to post this, so please move this to a proper thread if needed.

And Happy Christmas and a happy New Year - we deserve it, no matter in which Union or Commission we live :-)

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'