What is your primary DCS flight controller?

Wags

What is your primary DCS flight controller?  

2863 members have voted

1. 1. What is your primary DCS flight controller?

• Thrustmaster Warthog
    • Thrustmaster Cougar
    • Thrustmaster T. Flight
    • Thrustmaster T.16000M
    • VKB MCG Grip
    • VKB KG12 Grip
    • Virpil T-50 Grip
    • CH Products Fighterstick
    • Saitek X52
    • Saitek X55 or X56

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VKB Fat Black Mamba Mk. III + TMW Grip, TMW control throttle, Saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals

CPU: i7 6700k OC @ 4.7 ghz

MoBo: ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Ripjaw

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/4TB Western Digital Black HDD

Monitor: Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p 144hz

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle / VKB Sim Fat Black Mamba Mk.III

Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback.

I was just going through thread and so many MS SW2 FFB still being used. I please add them up and add it to the list on the poll

PS I just went through the thread and counted something like 80 MS SW2 FFB users ! WOW ! I am stockpiling them myself because I would lose the will to flight sim without one... I guess lots of guys know why I feel that way.

Edited by Dirty Rotten Flieger

• 2 weeks later...

Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle

I've literally tried the top three (CH Products, Saitek & Thrustmaster) and I can honestly say that the Thrustmaster is the best of anything I've tried. CH is great for it's simplicity and durability.

I just wish that Virpil and VKB were cheaper, or readily in stock. I'd honestly give those a try since they are a big player in the field. Hell, I'd review them if they wanted.

Thrustmaster T.16000M, bought that joystick a week ago. I think that is excellent choice. Very nice and it has so much buttons and otpionа. And T.A.R.G.E.T system...but i dont know still what is it for?

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Would it be possible to move this thread to chit-chat or elsewhere?

I dare to assume most of the people have answers already and it's a bit distracting to have it in "Official Updates" section.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Would it be possible to move this thread to chit-chat or elsewhere?

I dare to assume most of the people have answers already and it's a bit distracting to have it in "Official Updates" section.

+1 on that

Today I added a new module to the open beta, the default configuration was exactly the same for the 3 controllers: pedals, joystick and throttle :rolleyes: Including the same "View Up Right slow", "View Up Left slow" and so on, the 27 of them, that I had to clear one by one. And of course, as before, trying to map pitch to thrust (on the #1 controller of this poll), and mapping to the buttons on the rudder pedal controller.

Now I just have to redo the same for the 2 other variants of the module...

=> If only we could simply save a default configuration to be used for the common functions of any new module, it would be so simple, so much easier and it would make such a tailoring of the defaults to each controller much less critical. For example, people would be able to share a sensical default config for any controller.

Actually we can define and save a default configuration, but it seems to be ignored.

There is also the keyboard, wouldn't that also be good if developers aligned on a convention, like the left & right mouse clicks (I'm thinking about modules like the A-10C and the MiG-21 which are completely apart and won't be fixed), or typical commands like engine start/stop where everyone seems to adopt different keys.

After all, many of the commands we use the most are almost identical from one module to the next :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

yeah please move or lock this thread. every time i see official updates is as unread new message, i get hyped :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5