Rockets left in pod

zerO_crash

How long is this issue going to persist? Will it ever get fixed? I have had this problem for years. Please fix it!

Either a texture bug or some rockets are still left in the pods. Please notice that when I fire, I don't hold in the trigger until the sequence of rockets get`s finished. Rather, I click and fire irregularly 1-3 rockets each time. Maybe the problem lies here.

I have a track but too big to post. If desired I can make a short track with this issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...when I fire, I don't hold in the trigger until the sequence of rockets get`s finished. Rather, I click and fire irregularly 1-3 rockets each time. Maybe the problem lies here....

I don't think so, as I have tried holding the trigger down until the sequence is done each time and IIRC there were still rockets left. i can usually get them to fire by pressing fire a few times, but its pretty annoying nonetheless.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Checked it, just press the trigger till the whole selected sequence is over.

Oh, good, it was a while ago last time i checked so they must have fixed it.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

Oh, good, it was a while ago last time i checked so they must have fixed it.

Well, I don't remember having any problems with firing rockets

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Try loading 6x OPF2`s and see if it works. For me, it seems that KOM`s work good, but OFP2`s don`t. Try using up all and maybe reloading and trying a second run. Tends to block for me after 1st run or so, but haven`t really found a pattern. Anyways, I wouldn`t be making a report if it was a non issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to double-check:

Have you made sure to press and hold the charging button until all of the pod lights lit up after starting back up?

yes

Besides, rockets are fired from all pods. Problem being that some rockets remain in some of them.

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try loading 6x OPF2`s and see if it works. For me, it seems that KOM`s work good, but OFP2`s don`t. Try using up all and maybe reloading and trying a second run. Tends to block for me after 1st run or so, but haven`t really found a pattern. Anyways, I wouldn`t be making a report if it was a non issue.

IIRC the russians didn't load more than 4 pods so that may be the issue.

*Page 322 in DCS mi-8 manual.

EDIT: Footnote:

Not in service for administrative reasons, but technically supported by the Mi-8MTV2 weapons control system.

Edited by kolga

I'll try to check it today when I have time.

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

• 9 months later...
it just annoying ....:mad:

Having 6 S-8OFP pods mounted? The last time I checked, worked OK. A daft loadout, but tastes differ so who am I to criticize ;)

Anyway, worked the last time I used them, cannot be arsed to check just now. But FYI

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

just checked just now for you, the animation does indeed show dark sections in the some of the pods which indeed does make it look like rockets are still in the pod, after firing them all.

also found that sometimes they do not all fire anyway, after a rocket run, and using them all, just flew around a bit and pulling the trigger about 10 times more a few more shot out! maybe that's friendly fire!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I don't know, S-8OFP x 2 & gunpod x 2 has always worked for me, all rockets have fired without exceptions. S-8OFP x 6 may well not, but it isn't a common RL loadout anyway.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I think that I read that the firing system cycles through the rockets in sequence, but that sometimes with a short trigger pull, only one or two are fired on a salvo of four. The system then counts from 5, despite the fact that there are one or two left behind. So as the pods' stock is depleted, it takes longer to cycle through the remaining rockets.

Or something....

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team

Hi

sorry for overlooking this, do you have a short track replay showing it happen?

Thanks

Screen_200421_110651.thumb.png.b87857eff1ba60db6240ff87d5a67a4a.png

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Got the same thing. Note it doesn't seem to happen when the aircraft is spawned loaded. Only when re-arming with the ground crew.

I set it up to fire 16 rockets in each pod.

Held down trigger, fired the full salvo. Pulled trigger again fired the remaining rockets (4 each)

Model still showing 4 rockets in each pod.

Sound is busted in the video :/ but it shows the problem

Mi8 rocket bug.trk

Got the same thing. Note it doesn't seem to happen when the aircraft is spawned loaded. Only when re-arming with the ground crew.

I set it up to fire 16 rockets in each pod.

Held down trigger, fired the full salvo. Pulled trigger again fired the remaining rockets (4 each)

Model still showing 4 rockets in each pod.

Sound is busted in the video :/ but it shows the problem

I can confirm that it´s after loading the aircraft after mission start. I always start missions with empty loadouts, and therefore it always occurs then. Surprisingly enough, I couldn´t replicate the bug with a hot-started aircraft that was loaded prior to mission start.

Also, I will point this out again, it didn´t happen before with KOM´s, only OFP2´s, but it would be nevertheless good if the team checked the other variants as well. Cheers :)

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IIRC the russians didn't load more than 4 pods so that may be the issue.

*Page 322 in DCS mi-8 manual.

EDIT: Footnote:

Not in service for administrative reasons, but technically supported by the Mi-8MTV2 weapons control system.

THAT is again one of the things why Belsimtek team (part of the ED) was good as they allowed the technical functions, regardless that something wasn't allowed political (administrative) reasons.

And then they added it as a footnote to manual that it is unrealistic to load more by hstorical perspective.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.