Does CA ever go on sale?

4eyes

Does CA ever go on sale?

I am retired on a small pension. I would love to buy CA.

I havent seen it on sale in a long while .. it used to be on sale back on the times when ED made lineup-wide sales, but those kind of sales are a thing of the past. At that time I was busy purchasing aircrafts, so I didnt then purchase CA.

However, I did manage to get CA with a rather large discount, making use of Bonus Points that I had accumulated over time .. normally you cant pay more than 30% with Bonus points, but sometimes ED allows for a short time to use a higher percentage .. using this, I was able to purchase CA on March of this year for US$ 6 .. a 70% discount of the US$ 20 normal price :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2018-03-09_Bonus_Continious/

So, may I suggest you do the same .. use the Bonus Point at the right moment.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Does CA ever go on sale?

Yes, it goes on sale same time as other modules.

Price history shows there was a 50% discount on Steam, June 21st ($39.99 -> $19.99).

There is usually a sale end of Oct, followed by Black Friday (Nov 23rd) and then the Christmas/January Sale.

Not sure what'll happen this year but at least it'll give you an idea what to expect.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3540015&postcount=147

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I was extremely lucky and purchased a hard copy at amazon a10c + combined arms for around 15€. DCS World version 1.2 included :)

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

A little bit of a fun fact is that the new Caucasus map introduced in 2.5 of course is a major visual upgrade to CA, but sadly it also has not really made some of the issues any better, for example vehicles getting stuck on scenery objects or blowing themselves up because they try to shoot through houses right in front of them. Not meant as a complaint here, just with a more populated map these problems also got worse.

Like I said.....at the current price CA is not worth it.

I've never bought CA cause it was not of my liking either at the current state. Having said that, after enjoying a lot some dynamic servers in MP; like DCSDynamic server, which make extensive use of sams and ground troops, i'm really thinking on buying it. Just for the sake of controlling ground units and sams against human players.

• 1 month later...

Few years ago when the CA came to special sales, I purchased maybe a 10 copies of it to share (all out). It was one time like a 2,50€ a piece.... A price that you COULDN*T miss. But that was like 1.2.x series of DCS.

But I consider that CA is one of the core features of DCS that ED really needs to get corrected in couple years. They are working so heavily so many things that AI, weather etc are affecting. And they have hired even RTS game developers to help them.

So in future we might see that CA becomes something important like KA-50 and A-10C became to be.

As in the future we should get to performance levels where we can have hundreds, if not thousands of ground units on the map. Far better troop control (RTS level, like a Wargame European Escalation) and tactical elements where CA players are using map to draw the tactics for AI to follow as best they can. Like draw the routes, primary and secondary positions and ETA and then rules of engagements etc.

As in the future such way the Combined Arms would become the major multiplayer element what every virtual pilot up in the skies is supporting. It would be part of the dynamic campaign and dynamic mission creation to get CA to shine. But it all requires heavy investment to AI, RTS game elements and even new map technologies (to generate low-level and long range visibility graphics).

One day if I see anything close to the low level graphics as the commander control capabilities that what that almost 10 year old game could offer, I say that $40 for the Combined Arms is too low, and it should be around $60 at that point! (seriously saying, $40 would be excellent price).

Because it would add so much to the virtual pilots experience when they can fly while RTS gamers are doing the war with realistic limitations (RTS gamers has will to stay to play for hours, unlike FPS shooters).

I do find the price at the moment little high, but it is only because only the recent 2.5 update game up and ED has no had enough time to start implementing the RTS elements to DCS World as they need to build from scratch the unit logics and the commanding interface and get the AI communications etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

RTS / dynamic campaign has on ED develop pipeline.

About CA.... I think has "develop complete", dont expected more functionality or improvement outside of actual functionality, to something as "better tank simulation" can require soft / hard tank modules and have out of scope of CA yet.

And have unknown if can be a 3.0 version (none has talking about them).

Too glitchy, lots of bugs, no improvement for years, it's not worth it in my book. I got it and found it un user friendly, and it never really performed as it was suppose to unless you could figure out a ton of work arounds, and even then it still had issues.

CA and thus far the WWII assets pack are both just not worth the money at this point.

• 4 weeks later...